Prometheus 2 release date?

Started by Rich Green Acid Blood, Feb 19, 2015, 04:41:43 PM

Author
Prometheus 2 release date? (Read 1,440 times)

Rich Green Acid Blood

The current US release date for Prometheus 2 is set at March 4, 2016, yet they don't have a director, a cast in place, and (this one's pretty obvious) they haven't begun any principal photography yet. I'm not even sure how far along they are in the pre-production phase. Which has me thinking that in no way will they be able to meet that March 4, 2016 release date. It must be getting pushed back until summer or even into November/December at the earliest. I also imagine Alien 5 will heavily influence when Prometheus 2 shoots and gets released. Thoughts?

Darkness

Darkness

I'm pretty sure that release date is incorrect and always has been. Fox never announced it but lots of sites still keep referring to it.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 19, 2015, 04:52:11 PM
I'm pretty sure that release date is incorrect and always has been. Fox never announced it but lots of sites still keep referring to it.

Apparently the confusion persists:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3333076/prometheus-sequel-still-happening-wake-alien-announcement/

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 19, 2015, 04:52:11 PM

I agree. Early 2016 is, at this point, an unrealistic expectation. The script is written, but we haven't heard anything to indicate that production has moved forward in any considerable way (no filming locations, no casting announcements, etc.). I wouldn't expect Prometheus 2 any earlier than 2017. It would be interesting if both Prometheus 2 and Alien 5 both came out in 2017.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

They could probably get Prometheus 2 out in 2016 still, but probably not early in the year. If they started shooting relatively soon, they'd have the tail end of the summer thru to the holiday season to do post production. I'd wager it would have to be summer 2016 before we saw a release, though.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

It's gonna be 2018. They'd have to pull it out of there asses at this point to get a 2017 date.

Well I guess 2017 is very doable but isn't ridley busy as hell with other projects?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I don't think Prometheus 2 is going to happen. They are likely going to drop it if Alien 5 is now going to be a real thing soon.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Feb 19, 2015, 09:17:31 PM
I don't think Prometheus 2 is going to happen. They are likely going to drop it if Alien 5 is now going to be a real thing soon.

Fox has officially gone on the record to say that Prometheus 2 is still happening, as well as Alien 5. Prometheus as a series, is a sibling of the Alien franchise, and there is the possibility that Alien 5 will take some cues from the events in those films.
The best thing about this DUAL project-ness is that Prometheus 2 has been liberated from having to satisfy Alien fans, looking to Prometheus to continue what they liked from Alien films, and in doing so, has allotted itself some really great free reign to run amok, while still adding to the lore.

I guess what I'm saying is, the announcement of an Alien 5, should really make us more excited about what Prometheus 2 can/will be, in it's own right. I'm certainly more excited about it's freedom to be it's own thing, now that Alien 5 has it's security. Anyone else see what I mean?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I don't want Alien 5 to take too long if they are going to do Prometheus 2 next. It been almost 20 years since A:R, it been too long since we had a solo Alien movie.

Gash

Gash

Oct 30th 2015

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed