What do you want from Prometheus 2?

Started by The1PerfectOrganism, Feb 20, 2014, 08:56:00 PM

Author
What do you want from Prometheus 2? (Read 16,153 times)

Gash

Gash

Nah, she had blind faith, but I'd hardly say that was a trait attributed solely to a naive woman. It's the testing of her faith alongside a morally ambiguous character like David that makes it interesting. Her 'just a f*cking robot' spiel at the end of the film appears to give her the upper hand but will that remain if she becomes ever more reliant on him. He appears to confirm with Weyland that there is no life after death so how will characters with such opposing views face what they find on Paradise?

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 25, 2014, 12:31:20 PM
Shaw wasn't interesting. The child-like script of the film had her come off as silly. David is infinitely more interesting and fassbender is 10 Times the actor Rapace is. He should be the lead
See, I disagree. I thought her quest coupled with her faith made for an interesting clash of philosophy. And when it came to science, she was more objective than Charlie who took it upon blind faith to take his helmet off and who was absolutely devastated when he found out his maker wasn't what he thought they would be. Shaw was more realistic and ready to push on with the excavation.

I like her, and given everything that happened, I'd like to see what she becomes, especially if she has to rely on David more and more.

SiL

SiL

We know what she'll become: Exactly what she started as.

Why? Because that's exactly what happened in the first movie.

RobThom

Predators!

I'm easy to please.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

i really didnt like the whole character or the way she was played. rapace's british accent that disappears after n hour (and was terrible in the first place). her character was much like the whole script, ham fisted. i might be siding with the holloway character because i'm pretty much against all religion too, especially blind faith. and how often do you see that angle in a film?

and no f**king predators. id rather rip every pubic hair out than see a predator in this

Gash

Gash

I'm a confirmed atheist but I can still watch a film about faith, blind or otherwise. And I wouldn't have said Prometheus promotes the wisdom of religion.

hfeldhaus

hey man one of my favourite scorsese films is the last temptation of christ, dont make it sound like i'm a religion basher, i just related more to the holloway character. we have seen shaw's character time and again. she's just boring in my opinion

RagingDragon

Holloway!

hfeldhaus

i hated the way he was played and written but if he was done properly he could have been much more interesting. im sick of ripley like female leads in horror/thriller films and shaw was as flat as can be

Gash

Gash

David was certainly the most interesting character in Prometheus, but the sequel will need to have a human angle, and if it's just the two of them in the sequel then...

hfeldhaus

Yeah for sure he was. I think he should be the main story focus. Push shaws story backwards. It's boring

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Quote from: SiL on Feb 27, 2014, 05:05:26 AM
We know what she'll become: Exactly what she started as.

Why? Because that's exactly what happened in the first movie.
Eh. Yeah, but if were talking about her clinging to faith, she started with religion and ended with the need to cling to it because that's all she had left. It felt more desperate than "no character development."

I'm guessing the second movie will show more of the shaky foundation her faith is based on given everything that's happened and everything she's found out.

RobThom

RobThom

There is nothing to be gained in the traditional sense.

Ridley's best stuff was when he was younger,
then he allowed lindelof to paint a bvllshit dead end!

What else are you gonna say?

Its possible to make a complete 360 turnaround like Wrath of Khan,
but what are the chances of that?!

Meyer couldn't even pull that off twice!
Star Trek 6 was useless!

Thats unusual!

Quote from: RobThom on Mar 13, 2014, 09:10:43 AM
There is nothing to be gained in the traditional sense.

Ridley's best stuff was when he was younger,
then he allowed lindelof to paint a bvllshit dead end!

What else are you gonna say?

Its possible to make a complete 360 turnaround like Wrath of Khan,
but what are the chances of that?!

Meyer couldn't even pull that off twice!
Star Trek 6 was useless!

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

More to be gained than there has ever been since Alien IMO.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: CONKERSBADFURDAY on Mar 06, 2014, 03:48:18 PMEh. Yeah, but if were talking about her clinging to faith, she started with religion and ended with the need to cling to it because that's all she had left.

It's the same bend. Dad dies, find God. Found God, boyfriend dies, find more God. It's a vacuum. Shaw is a vacuum.

She must die for the good of the series. One for all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed