It was what I expected
13 (8.8%)
It fell short for me
16 (10.8%)
It was not good
15 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author
Sneak Peek with LegionFX Tomorrow - The Last Supper (Read 95,785 times)

CainsSon

I think the editing was a bit choppy but I loved the performances and the tonal shifts worked very well.
My faith has been, thus far, restored.

FreeFacehugz

Quote from: slipknotpredator on Feb 23, 2017, 03:43:39 AM
Why would they take a gay couple in this kind of trip?
1. The crew don't actually do the colonizing. They dont land on a planet and just start f**king lol. They are carrying embryos of some sort.
2. Their skills get them put on the mission. Not their sexuality. Having qualified couples could be like an experiment at the time by WY to reduce stress for the crew or something. Not having to leave someone at home for years on end.
3. Someone's gotta decorate these planets.  ;D

Stolen

Stolen

Reminds me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9UPrFKDbKA

But it's much better for Covenant!
You saw the interior of the ship, the lighting? wow superb work!

Necronomicon II

I had fun with it, McBride killed it  ;D

motherfather

motherfather

Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Feb 23, 2017, 06:45:28 AM
Quote from: slipknotpredator on Feb 23, 2017, 03:43:39 AM
Why would they take a gay couple in this kind of trip?
1. The crew don't actually do the colonizing. They dont land on a planet and just start f**king lol. They are carrying embryos of some sort.
2. Their skills get them put on the mission. Not their sexuality. Having qualified couples could be like an experiment at the time by WY to reduce stress for the crew or something. Not having to leave someone at home for years on end.
3. Someone's gotta decorate these planets.  ;D

I brought up the topic of the lack of LGBT characters in sci-fi ages ago. Its like the world of sports. I just hope they aren't token LGBT characters in the movie and don't get offed straight away but stick around like Parker and Ripley did in Alien, at a time when female or black didn't usually get very far in the average sci-fi movie.

But anyway... I'm soooo loving this viral. This is what we missed in Prometheus. Some kind of character introductions that will make you want to "root for" the characters.

Loved the relatable boss/subordinate dynamics, loved the choking, loved the dippy birds, the I've got your back cheesy line. Loved the slightly bubbling under the surface office politics/bitchiness between coworkers. Loved pretty much every freaking second of it. The only thing I don't really love, is if the character introductions and dynamics don't carry through and develop into the main movie. Hopefully this is a longer cut of a brief scene that might make it into the movie.

Did anyone else notice that the background score near Daniels' speech is a bit reminiscent of the melodic tic-toc tones from Interstellar (tesseract scene)?

Bring it on. I really want to see this movie now.

Hard-R

Hard-R

Thought that was excellent! Can relax now and look forward to the film.

D88M

D88M

it looks good but  i tought this was a scene from the movie

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

That scene was great. The cast has really incredible chemistry together except for Crudup's character... but that seems to be part of his character and no so much Billy's fault cause he's usually great in everything I've seen him in.

I would take it so far as saying Crudup's character was quite an ass in this prologue... I hope he makes up for it... BUT from the looks of the trailer we got a while back he will be one of the first to go.

So Franco and Waterson's characters are together and from what has been "spoiled" Franco's Jake dies early on and Crudup's character becomes the new captain?

At first I thought it was strange that they would have a gay couple on because of the nature of the mission but then I thought, those two might have genius level intellect or even be part of the security detail for the colony or some other skill vital to the mission.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: CainsSon on Feb 23, 2017, 06:41:21 AM
I think the editing was a bit choppy but I loved the performances and the tonal shifts worked very well.
My faith has been, thus far, restored.

i tought this was a sneak peak from a full scnee in the movie, it is a little strange if this is just a different thing

Quote from: SiL on Feb 23, 2017, 03:22:22 AM
That choke out and the dialogue just...

Yeah, I've lost hope for the writing.

we know that girls wasnt impregnated by a facehugger, so that fake out doesnt make much sense to me other than a nod to Alien, it seems the movie will be very similar to Prometheus in tone and style with a touch of the first Alien

Look into my eye

I thought that was great and I loved the way they have already shown the frailties in Cudrup's character which will more than likely explain the bad decisions made in the film and it also sheds some light on that trailer scene with him and Daniels. Walter was great too.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: Stolen on Feb 23, 2017, 03:32:40 AM
QuoteThis prologue, titled "Last Supper", was conceived by Ridley Scott and 3AM, directed by Luke Scott, and produced by RSA Films. It introduces the crew of the mission as they gather for a final meal before entering cryosleep.

so the movie is a totally different thing, i feel like this was a wasted chance for a new trailer instead of this

DorkiDori

Anyone catch the "Alien" reference when shes choking?  ;D  ;D  ;D

FreeFacehugz

FreeFacehugz

Reading through some comments just make you think people will complain about anything lol.
Great ship. Great chemistry. Decent performances and the writing aint bad. Alot better than what was leaving Rapace and co's jaws in Prometheus.
The choke scene was good along with Tennesse's line that everyone's having a shit fit over. Was a cheeky and funny nod to the most iconic scene in Alien and he obviously had good old Mr Hurt (RIP) in mind with the scene (who I still think will get a dedication in the credits). I think Crudup's character is gonna go full Gorman except instead of a late redemption he gets a familiar looking parasite stuck to his face  :P  Walter having a different accent to seperate him from David was a nice touch to.
Also people saying "Its okay! Just a viral. Not in the movie!".
Why wouldn't it be? I hope it is. For one it explains the lead up to why Franco's character SPOILER...
Spoiler
dies earlier in the movie.
[close]
It's also a climps into the relationships on board.
Both this and the trailer have me excited.

SM

SM

Quote from: DorkiDori on Feb 23, 2017, 07:37:33 AM
Anyone catch the "Alien" reference when shes choking?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Pure coincidence, surely.

Evanus

Evanus

That was great!

Pleasantly surprised there's a gay couple.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed