All Elon Musk

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Apr 20, 2022, 03:42:00 AM

Author
All Elon Musk (Read 6,833 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yeah but I don't want to argue about biology, I want to argue about that "evidence" of societal repercussions of The Gay Agenda you posted that's paid for and sold to your algorithm by skeezy religious fundamentalists.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: The Saint on Mar 14, 2024, 11:09:56 AMU know more... Says who? you?

Says years of deep immersion in both far-right wing and lgbtq, specifically trans-focused, communities due to a very strange series of adventures.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Saint on Mar 14, 2024, 11:04:49 AMaccording to what i have understood in my learning and understanding
There is a Binary classification of the sexes in science, however there are other variations based on these very binary concept however oxymoronic it sounds the variations are based on the degrees of either sexes.
In sexual reproduction you need an egg and a sperm, and whichever it is you produce (or have the gonad to produce) determines if you're male or female.

But it's also possible to produce both or neither, and these variations are valid and natural and sometimes the normal way for some animals.

Biology is more complicated than people like to admit, and we tend to oversimplify things to make it easier to understand. But sex as a strict binary corrupts the ambiguity, not the other way around.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Why Elon Musk, who's hated here by so many, has his own thread? :)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 14, 2024, 11:23:17 AMWhy Elon Musk, who's hated here by so many, has his own thread? :)
To mock him.

The Saint

The Saint

Quote from: SiL on Mar 14, 2024, 11:17:42 AM
Quote from: The Saint on Mar 14, 2024, 11:04:49 AMaccording to what i have understood in my learning and understanding
There is a Binary classification of the sexes in science, however there are other variations based on these very binary concept however oxymoronic it sounds the variations are based on the degrees of either sexes.
In sexual reproduction you need an egg and a sperm, and whichever it is you produce (or have the gonad to produce) determines if you're male or female.

But it's also possible to produce both or neither, and these variations are valid and natural and sometimes the normal way for some animals.

Biology is more complicated than people like to admit, and we tend to oversimplify things to make it easier to understand. But sex as a strict binary corrupts the ambiguity, not the other way around.
Is this ok?
The variations are a Negation/different combination of the primary 2?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 14, 2024, 11:23:17 AMWhy Elon Musk, who's hated here by so many, has his own thread? :)

Gottem  8)

Quote from: SiL on Mar 14, 2024, 11:27:06 AMTo mock him.

-ACK

Ingwar

Ingwar

I get that but isn't is futile? I don't like him either but why would I waste my time (like right now) to mock him?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 14, 2024, 11:37:11 AMI get that but isn't is futile? I don't like him either but why would I waste my time (like right now) to mock him?

I think it's more of a containment thread so his shenanigans don't overly pollute the politics or news threads.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 14, 2024, 11:37:11 AMI get that but isn't is futile? I don't like him either but why would I waste my time (like right now) to mock him?
Because it's fun sometimes. Not now.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've removed both your abilities to post for a day and removed the escalated argument. Be better than you think the other person is.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Looks like I missed quite a shit show. :(

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Looked like quite a clusterf*ck of a discussion, glad I didn't touch on that, haha.

As for Musk? What else is there left to be said about him and twitter...cough...I mean "X"?

First about this nonsense that some of his mentally-challenged so-called admirers praise him for, his "protection" of free speech on X. He is a "free speech absolutist"? Except when someone criticize him and then that account is banned on X. Free speech applies to everyone but him...which brings to mind one thing:

Twitter, a private company, have an absolute free speech right to limit what gets said on their private platform.

And of course SpaceX or Tesla or any of Musk's other companies have rules for their employees that prohibit them from talking about certain things. I can bet for certain they aren't allowed completely uncensored messages on any internal forums they have.

I think he is a self-serving tyrant, but as the owner of Twitter he has the right to ban people from Twitter if he wants. Of course, I also think that the previous regime running Twitter had that same right.

I think he does not have an absolute right to fire Twitter employees, however. That is subject to labor law.

As for Musk scaring away advertisers from the platform, further reducing revenue and sinking the former Twitter brand into the garbage can, well job accomplished I guess.

Twitter was an iconic brand with a logo that was instantly identifiable by even non-users of the platform. Even new words entered our vocabulary: Tweet; Retweet.

But Twitter has also lost what was its main value: immediate awareness of breaking news stories and top news. You could go to Twitter anytime of the day or night and immediately see the stop stories and any major breaking news. But now, that is mostly gone. You can log onto your feed and can't even find Tweets about stories that you know are breaking and you want to find more info. The algorithm has been destroyed.

Also destroyed is any semblance of control over offensive tweets.

I don't think this is an accident or stupidity on the part of Musk. I think it was/is a deliberate dismantling of a platform that gave voice to the marginalized and those seeking to organize progressive movements. You know, things that oligarchs, dictators, and the 1% don't want. Musk got rid of all that. It's a shame.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Aren't you willing to let all that slide if he gets us to Mars?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed