Aliens Colonial Marines Story Trailer

Started by Darkness, Dec 26, 2012, 09:13:42 AM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Story Trailer (Read 76,375 times)

Xenomrph

Trailer looks cool, still can't wait to play this game.

TheBATMAN

Are gearbox going to explain where all the aliens have come from in this game considering Hadley's Hope only had 158 colonists and Ripley's team must have taken roughly half of them out at least?

ShadowPred

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Dec 30, 2012, 10:37:39 AM
Are gearbox going to explain where all the aliens have come from in this game considering Hadley's Hope only had 158 colonists and Ripley's team must have taken roughly half of them out at least?

I doubt it. In a recent article that Ikarop posted somewhere in this board, it was mentioned that apparently the Xenos don't have a queen, and are just rabid or something. I wonder if it has anything to do in between the 17 weeks that this game takes place after, possibly WY came in first and decided to do some evil shit or something. The only reason I say that is not because of the WY presence that has been seen in the trailers, but because of some concept art that was released a while back showing a secret lab, complete with pods that had Xenomorphs inside of them. Could just be a scrapped concept, but you never know.

Nightlord

I think that it was said somewhere that there is roughly 700 marines on the suphora, alot of them get impregnated to make the hordes we'll see.

The Necronoir

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 30, 2012, 11:29:06 AM
I doubt it. In a recent article that Ikarop posted somewhere in this board, it was mentioned that apparently the Xenos don't have a queen, and are just rabid or something. I wonder if it has anything to do in between the 17 weeks that this game takes place after, possibly WY came in first and decided to do some evil shit or something. The only reason I say that is not because of the WY presence that has been seen in the trailers, but because of some concept art that was released a while back showing a secret lab, complete with pods that had Xenomorphs inside of them. Could just be a scrapped concept, but you never know.

That would seem to be contradicted by the queen we've seen feature prominently in many of the trailers. I guess it's possible she could die relatively early in the campaign though, as the one in AVP did.

MR EL1M1NATOR

700 Marines? That seems a bit over the top.

Nightlord

Quote from: MR EL1M1NATOR on Dec 30, 2012, 12:19:52 PM
700 Marines? That seems a bit over the top.
Checked some of the earlier previews again and I couldn't find any mention of 700 marines so I may be imagining that, but the marine crew on the sephora is always called a battalion so there's at least 300 to 1,200 marines on it.

The Runner

Rabid without a Queen........

This is what I can't stand.

Without the Queen, them being mindless dumbasses.

*facepalm*

p1nk81cd

Quote from: The Runner on Dec 30, 2012, 05:16:40 PM

*facepalm*

Her grand Majesty better not perish so early in the game- and why do these Xenos act so stupidly? Kane's son-daughter wasn't stupid...and he/she didn't have the guidance of a Queen.  :-\

Predaker

*facepalm*

No one said anything about them being mindless dumbasses without a Queen. The difference is there isn't a Queen around to dictate what form or function the standard soldiers serve.

They are not saying the Queen dies early in the game and then all of a sudden these aliens mutate. The point is the Queen died at the end of Aliens and without a Queen, any aliens around after the explosion may have evolved or become altered somehow for whatever reason they explain in the game. The variants are already around LV-426 because 17 weeks have passed since the atmospheric processor went critical. They have hinted that there could be different hives with different Queens on LV-426, and thus we have a new Queen to fight. The presence of the aliens is explained or accounted for much like the bullets were in Die Hard.

The Runner

Quote from: Predaker on Dec 30, 2012, 06:21:13 PM

*facepalm*

No one said anything about them being mindless dumbasses without a Queen. The difference is there isn't a Queen around to dictate what form or function the standard soldiers serve.

They are not saying the Queen dies early in the game and then all of a sudden these aliens mutate. The point is the Queen died at the end of Aliens and without a Queen, any aliens around after the explosion may have evolved or become altered somehow for whatever reason they explain in the game. The variants are already around LV-426 because 17 weeks have passed since the atmospheric processor went critical. They have hinted that there could be different hives with different Queens on LV-426, and thus we have a new Queen to fight. The presence of the aliens is explained or accounted for much like the bullets were in Die Hard.
I'd prefer that the queen was just like the other ones in terms of intelligence. She's just a valuable commodity, she's the most efficient way of spreading the infection around. Queen or no queen, the aliens would be fine. They'd just egg morph some poor animal or sap and then use a host for the next to be virus pumper.

Other hives? Wait during the events of Aliens or after?

Valaquen

According to Cameron without a Queen one of the other Aliens would simply perform the function. I don't know what A:CM has in mind.

Predaker

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 30, 2012, 08:26:31 PM
According to Cameron without a Queen one of the other Aliens would simply perform the function. I don't know what A:CM has in mind.

One of the achievements is Dragged Queen.  :laugh:

The Runner

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 30, 2012, 08:26:31 PM

EU Space Bugs

Ash 937

Again, you guys are all looking for disappointment if you care to take this story line seriously.  It's not relevant to discuss any new Queen or any new hive for that matter unless you conveniently forget that the entire premise of this game goes against the events that we all saw in Aliens.  The setting is actually a crater the size of Nebraska, not a heavily damaged structure that only looks like it was cluster bombed for a few minutes.  A:CM is just a fun way to look at the universe in an alternate reality.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed