Aliens Colonial Marines Story Trailer

Started by Darkness, Dec 26, 2012, 09:13:42 AM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Story Trailer (Read 76,371 times)

acrediblesource

Is it me, or do i find alot of new members storming in with the most pessimistic comments ever? 

ShadowPred

Quote from: acrediblesource on Dec 28, 2012, 10:24:02 PM
Is it me, or do i find alot of new members storming in with the most pessimistic comments ever? 

It's what A:CM does!

DemonicD13

Ash you hit the nail on the head, stated perfectly.

thecaffeinatedone

What a 'tec, how do we know that Hicks has been resurrected? And also, gameplay on 6+ year old consoles is no way to judge the graphics of the game. :p

Predaker

Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Dec 29, 2012, 01:47:07 AM
What a 'tec, how do we know that Hicks has been resurrected? And also, gameplay on 6+ year old consoles is no way to judge the graphics of the game. :p

The man with a bag over his head is next to O'Neal. The shirt and arm bandage match with Hicks from the beginning of the video. Also the line, "who did we bring back?" It's Hicks.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Ash 937 on Dec 28, 2012, 10:03:38 PM
I think the main problem with the perception of the game itself is how it has been presented to the fan community.  It as been advertised for years as something more of a spiritual sequel to Aliens rather than the video game it was always going to be.  Hollywood writers, Syd Mead, Ridley Scott, Michael Biehn; all of the names have more to do with a film industry than with actual video games and it's been going on for years courtesy of Gearbox.

Now people are beginning to see this project for what it is, A GAME...and it's disappointing because the hype machine has been at work claiming it was going to be more than this.

Right now, I honestly think that the inevitable 'art of' companion book will be a lot more satisfying to breeze through than the actual product it's for, if it's presented in a suitably glossy and slick collector-worthy style.

I mean, I'm assuming one will be released... There should've been one for 2010's entry in the AVP series, too, judging by all the art we saw doing the rounds, but it never ultimately surfaced.

thecaffeinatedone

Quote from: Predaker on Dec 29, 2012, 02:30:18 AM
Quote from: thecaffeinatedone on Dec 29, 2012, 01:47:07 AM

The man with a bag over his head is next to O'Neal. The shirt and arm bandage match with Hicks from the beginning of the video. Also the line, "who did we bring back?" It's Hicks.

o_o .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fP-0-dEHhA#ws

SM

SM

QuoteWhat a 'tec, how do we know that Hicks has been resurrected?

In the version of the Alien universe being invented here - he was never dead, therefore wasn't resurrected.

QuoteAnd also, gameplay on 6+ year old consoles is no way to judge the graphics of the game. :p

How else would you judge it?

HicksLives!

Quote from: SM on Dec 29, 2012, 07:53:59 AM
QuoteWhat a 'tec, how do we know that Hicks has been resurrected?

In the version of the Alien universe being invented here - he was never dead, therefore wasn't resurrected.

QuoteAnd also, gameplay on 6+ year old consoles is no way to judge the graphics of the game. :p

How else would you judge it?

I know this might sound crazy (which it probably is), but perhaps Hicks's death was manufactured in Alien 3. A support strut smashes his face in when Ripley's EEV crashes on Fiorina 161, (perhaps intentionally?) making it pretty difficult to identify him. What I'm thinking is that WY took Hicks out of hypersleep, and put some other poor bastard in his cryotube. So maybe that really wasn't Hicks in Alien 3? Either way, if Hicks is part of the plot in A:CM they better not make him some kind of WY thug. I'd rather see my favorite Aliens character die on Fury 161 than have become one of the bad guys. I am ecstatic to see one of my heroes resurrected, yet at the same time, I worry that this will make his character seem pretty rotten. I hope I'm wrong.

WinterActual

Lol at everyone thinking that Hicks was false identified on Fury 161. Its the future.. how do you think they identify the bodies? By looking at their face? omg.....   :laugh:

Salt The Fries

Quote from: WinterActual on Dec 29, 2012, 08:22:54 AM
Lol at everyone thinking that Hicks was false identified on Fury 161. Its the future.. how do you think they identify the bodies? By looking at their face? omg.....   :laugh:
hmm...fury 161 was hardly state of the art facility, and he most likely had a dog tag with him...btw, I bet Hicks is in the game to epitomize clear-cut good but he's going to die anyway :-D only this time for good.

HicksLives!

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Dec 29, 2012, 08:29:02 AM
hmm...fury 161 was hardly state of the art facility, and he most likely had a dog tag with him...btw, I bet Hicks is in the game to epitomize clear-cut good but he's going to die anyway :-D only this time for good.

Well, I hope they give him a good send off, as opposed to the raw deal he got in Alien 3. :P

Hemi

Quote from: HicksLives! on Dec 29, 2012, 08:40:38 AM
Quote from: Salt The Fries on Dec 29, 2012, 08:29:02 AM

Well, I hope they give him a good send off, as opposed to the raw deal he got in Alien 3. :P

It wasnt state of the art...however...the EEV was. Problem with that is the company owns the EEV and can tamper with the data.

so many questions... we will soon find out.

SM

SM

QuoteI know this might sound crazy (which it probably is),

Yes. It does.

szkoki

ummm but this game doesnt make any sense...now in the timeline its between alien3 and aliens but the sulaco will crash onto lv426...then how ends up on fury 161...different ship? and why do u ever want to fake a whole ship to cover up something? just say its crashd or something

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed