Aliens Colonial Marines Story Trailer

Started by Darkness, Dec 26, 2012, 09:13:42 AM

Author
Aliens Colonial Marines Story Trailer (Read 76,340 times)

Hemi

Hemi

QuoteDead Space 2 is one of the few times (if not the only time aside from RE 4) where a horror game sequel has expanded to cater more to the action crowd with out loosing what made the original great.

And thats...the problem right there... They turned a propper scare into a blast-fest. They had gold with the first one... Now its just a dumb shoot-em-up with configurable weapons. A forgettable title that will have 0 impact unlike the first one.

QuoteWhich is why most of the initial negative response has turned positive?

You must be reading different gaming blogs...

Salt The Fries

I agree that Dead Space 2 is inferior to the first one in number of ways, but if played on the hardest difficulty from the get-go it's still a thrilling experience, and a blast! Miles above garbage Resident Evil franchise.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Esoteric_Voyage on Dec 26, 2012, 10:34:35 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 26, 2012, 10:27:22 AM
Why is Hicks pre-emptively stating he's KIA?

maybe he simply didn't mean himself?

"All Colonial Marines dispatched" would logically include himself.

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Dec 26, 2012, 12:01:59 PM
I'm confused, and unless this is a mash-up of various cut-scenes it doesn't quite make sense. One female marine states her disbelief how Sulaco was reported to be orbiting around Fury 161 and now it's around LV-426, that'd indicate they didn't board Sulaco yet at this point, but then Cruz refers to Xenos as "most dangerous killing machines the universe", implying they had prior contact with them and knowledge about them. What gives?

I'd hope that this might be several pieces of dialogue throughout the game which have been spliced together. The alternative is a horridly superficial level of attention to detail... Which many of us are already fearing with the gameplay-motivated advent of new Alien variations.

Esoteric_Voyage

i think the graphics quality in this trailer is what console players will be getting.

King Rathalos

Quote from: Hemi on Dec 27, 2012, 10:39:03 AM
QuoteDead Space 2 is one of the few times (if not the only time aside from RE 4) where a horror game sequel has expanded to cater more to the action crowd with out loosing what made the original great.

And thats...the problem right there... They turned a propper scare into a blast-fest. They had gold with the first one... Now its just a dumb shoot-em-up with configurable weapons. A forgettable title that will have 0 impact unlike the first one.

The first wasn't even that scary to begin with. :laugh:

It was an action game with heavy horror elements. There's a reason people call it Resident Evil 4 in space. Just jump scare after jump scare, with some disturbing noises, and blood splatters on the wall nothing new. The only thing it did right was make grey metal corridors actually look well lit and dark. Resident Evil did the same thing 12 years before and it still wasn't scary there. And configurable weapons have been around since the first. ;)

Quote from: Hemi on Dec 27, 2012, 10:39:03 AM

QuoteWhich is why most of the initial negative response has turned positive?

You must be reading different gaming blogs...

Nope, most of the initial reactions have definitely turned positive since more and more people are now getting ready to buy it and pre-order. The only time I mostly see negative response now, is when any trailer showing the co-op is released and the people bitching seem to purposely forget the game has a single player mode.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: Jango1201 on Dec 27, 2012, 08:18:06 AM
What bad graphics are we looking at?
I'm surprised nobody can tell us, even though they are eagerly superfluous with their beef. Keep in mind like 50 percent of the trailer is using past trailers. And the difference is that we have  this one in 1280x720 and the lather are 1920 x 1080.

Never say no to Panda!

Feels a bit like Halo (yeah, i know that Halo was inspired by the movies)  :laugh:

Hemi

Hemi

QuoteNope, most of the initial reactions have definitely turned positive since more and more people are now getting ready to buy it and pre-order. The only time I mostly see negative response now, is when any trailer showing the co-op is released and the people bitching seem to purposely forget the game has a single player mode.

The positives and negatives are about the same...but that's only because no one seems to care about the IP anymore.

Quote*New trailer DS3!!
4 comments...

The first Dead Space was something fresh and new. Speak for yourself, I did find a few good scares in that game...and it was refreshing to finally see a new scifi IP doing some bold new things to capture its audience. The second one was a big let down to the people that loved the first one. The scares were replaced by dumb combat scenes and Isaac running his stupid mouth.

Allot of people see DS3 as Lost Planet with necromorphs. And if your'e into that sorta thing, power to you then. I'm going to pass on this EA nonsense if you don't mind. Ill give my money to future scifi scares like Routine, who seem to understand that "less is more" when it comes to scary games. A guy named Ridley Scott once did too...

Predaker

Predaker

Hicks will be alive and Alien3 will be a "better movie" for not killing him off. Even if gearbox makes it plausible, canon debates will rage to new heights because of this.

Get ready to dust off your canon bibles!  :laugh:

Valaquen

Why are we debating the fan reaction to Dead Space?

WinterActual

Because the games have many similarities - aliens, corridor based levels, scary moments, overall atmosphere etc.

Valaquen

But I'm not seeing anyone making comparisons any more; merely debating the quality of the D.S. series. Bring it back to topic.

Campion1

This post will be coming from somebody who considers Alien 3 to be the worst film to exist outside of the Star Wars prequels that has effectively done everything in its power to destroy a great series in every way possible. I don't care how bad the gameplay is, how cheesy it may seem compared to Aliens, how bad the graphics look, ETC. Alien 2 could have been considered just as cheesy and dumb as any other 80s film to anyone who hadn't seen it outside of a trailer. The game isn't out yet.

What matters most to me is that it looks like it can be an alternative to people who didn't enjoy Alien 3, while being a space shooter solely inspired by Alien 2. The fact that it even has a story with character conflicts shocked me. That's a major theme for this series that could be easily ignored for some dumb shooter plot. Hicks is obviously in trouble, but at least he's not dead. A Bishop android is in it. No predators. Almost everything from Aliens will be in this game. It will feature different subspecies for the alien race but that's what comes with introducing variety for a game. Make no mistake, the game will probably be mediocre, but nothing can touch just how bad 3 and Resurrection was compared to the first two. The fact that there will be something at least somewhat better coming, something that actually RESPECTS its source material is exciting to me.

It will probably be worth a rental, but that's leagues ahead of something regretful , which was Alien 3 in spades.

ikarop

Trailer in HD (270 MB): http://www.multiupload.nl/I6Y5V48YAW

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Never say no to Panda! on Dec 27, 2012, 02:57:19 PM
Feels a bit like Halo (yeah, i know that Halo was inspired by the movies)  :laugh:

I'm sorry to go off topic, but goddamn Panda, I f**king love your set. So glad to see another fan of that miniseries here. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed