Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 03, 2024, 05:18:28 PM

Author
Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew (Read 9,710 times)

Mike’s Monsters

It's the angle. Camera is positioned low, and we are looking up at it. The head is tilted way back, so we're not seeing the dome. It's all there, wasn't a wild new shape or anything. But the dome does have a new design to it that you'll all see clearly with more footage/marketing. The context of the scene will make a lot more sense when you all can see it in its entirety. Xeno is just in an odd position.

GrimmVision

It's totally an angle/camera positioning thing. The head and carapace are definitely there:

Spoiler

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 04, 2024, 03:32:08 AMBut the dome does have a new design to it that you'll all see clearly with more footage/marketing.
All I can see from that angle is this guy's forehead but not as forward projecting and extreme.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: SiL on May 04, 2024, 05:01:32 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 04, 2024, 03:32:08 AMBut the dome does have a new design to it that you'll all see clearly with more footage/marketing.
All I can see from that angle is this guy's forehead but not as forward projecting and extreme.
http://static.wikia.nocookie.net/alienanthology/images/1/10/180px-Alea.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20190914105947

I can see how you see that. It definitely not that extreme.

SiL

But it do be lumpier?

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: SiL on May 04, 2024, 05:11:31 AMBut it do be lumpier?

I'd say just the front of the dome is a little more larger or pronounced as we've seen in the still. But the whole dome isn't lumpy or anything.

SiL

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 04, 2024, 05:44:37 AM
Quote from: SiL on May 04, 2024, 05:11:31 AMBut it do be lumpier?

I'd say just the front of the dome is a little more larger or pronounced as we've seen in the still. But the whole dome isn't lumpy or anything.
That's what I figured, just that sort of frontal lobe.

solace97

I'll wait to judge. It does make me think twice, I was really hoping you just stick with the traditional design and alter it slightly. But mainly leave the head alone. But it does look amazing detail wise and I think it is the angle as you say

Mike’s Monsters

I'd personally get incredibly bored with the same design over and over again. I like the variations between films myself. Some more than others. Though, I acknowledge some missed the mark in the past. Part of the excitement of these films, along with Predator is "what's it going to look like"?

SiL

SiL

It's been 45 years, what's old is new again. Big Chap or the Winston Aliens would be a radically new look compared to the last half a dozen movies.

solace97

solace97

I understand that perspective but we literally have never had the OG design recreated so it would be hard to say if I would be bored with it. Since every Alien film tweaks the design it does mess with the consistency of what the creature would look like which I get to an extent but I think the OG design with small variations should always be the blueprint.

As far as the Predators I feel it in that franchise too has gone off the rails. I didn't like ferals face or design but the bio mask was unique. Super predators were a cool concept but that OG predator stole the scene whenever it was on screen. The Predator just totally went haywire

SiL

Yeah I mean the OG Alien is literally the reason I'm interested with this franchise so I'd be more than happy if that's what they looked like every movie. I'm not two, I don't need a new toy every other day to maintain my interest.

Which isn't a slight at anyone I just have a two year old at the moment.

jacobo1122

I love getting new design of Alien im every movie. It keeps things fresh and interesting. Xeno looks great on the picture, but I want to see it moving to judge it properly. But I already love that it's practical effects.

solace97

The fresh and interesting take just confuses me as well cause I get it but once again it's always been fresh and new, and everyone is obsessing over this Romulus alien because it mostly goes back to the roots of the OG design. It wouldn't hurt to bring it back on screen once more and see how it does, imo.

SiL

I can't imagine thinking Alien Resurrection would've been worse for featuring Giger's Alien, or AvPR couldn't have benefited from Winston Aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed