FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video]

Started by Darkoo, Dec 19, 2011, 06:21:33 PM

Author
FIRST LOOK VIDEO!!!! [Updated with "In One Day" Video] (Read 147,647 times)

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Dec 20, 2011, 11:19:04 PM

Are any of these people part of the main cast?  I wonder how they fit into the story.

Mercenaries are credited in the cast.
Would not be suprising that an exploration like this gets some muscle just in case ;)

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Dec 20, 2011, 11:21:11 PM
Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 11:16:48 PM
As for the bald makeup over a very hairy actor... Come on...
I've seen lame tv shows do better job than this lol.

I've seen good tv shows do worse than this lol (Battlestar Galactica).

I want proof! I want pictures! ;) ;D

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 11:16:48 PMmutation is definitly in...

But hasn't mutation been done to death? It is an ongoing trope in film after film, television show after television show. It's just not scary or disturbing IMO. If Ridley is saying that the alien isn't scary anymore, surely human mutation is even less scary? And people turning into aliens... Pffft.

An infection of some kind could work, but the crew busting out of their clothes and transforming into monsters? Might as well of cast MJ!

-Chris

Engineer1

Engineer1

EVERYTHING has been done to this point, either in books, games, comics...
I'm sure PROMETHEUS will ring some bells to someone who has read about the same concepts or action or i dont know what else. A real original story or concept or whatever is pretty hard to find these days...
In my eyes it's the execution that makes or brakes it.

Mutation might be only one of the aspect of the movie.
Not the main thing.

There's so many ampules, so many possibilities.

BTW the character is near the hangar entry of the Magellan/prometheus, just where we have seen a character using a flamethrower against something... Wont be suprised that the "thing" you can see falling from the ceilling toward the flamethrower guy is our mutated friend...

josh_axey

josh_axey

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 20, 2011, 11:06:53 PM
I've been trying all of the combinations on media.ru; 'inonedays', 'inoneday', 'tomorrow', 'getready', 'holyshititsnearlyhere'... 404s all the way. I wish they had started this whole thing earlier, as in 'In ten days, In nine days...' By the end we would have had enough behind the scenes footage for an entire TV spot! :D

It does make me wonder with all the hype whether the iTunes release will be a bit more than your average teaser, more of an exclusive, as they claim. We can hope.

-Chris

So I wasn't the only one trying combos like "justonemoreday" "inonemoreday" "inoneday" etc. lol :laugh:

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 11:41:26 PMMight be only one of the aspect of the movie. Not the main thing.

As you say, a whole heap of different things could kill these people. Not everyone needs to die at the hands of 'that which cannot be named'. Surely not everyone dies from goo-helmet!

-Chris

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 20, 2011, 11:46:51 PM
Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 11:41:26 PMMight be only one of the aspect of the movie. Not the main thing.

As you say, a whole heap of different things could kill these people. Not everyone needs to die at the hands of 'that which cannot be named'. Surely not everyone dies from goo-helmet!

-Chris
i think there will be a few things going on, i dont think its going to be as straight forward as alien for some reason (as in one monster killing everyone off), and even though there is strict denials on the xeno i personally believe were gonna get at least an explanation of how theyre formed if not some sort of pure xeno starter creature. maybe we will get two or three different types of alien life.

thanks

rich

Engineer1

Engineer1

Agreed.
Mutation, gut eating new parasites, Engineers...
A beautiful world of endless possibilities :)

If Shaw dont get evicarated and dies what do you think happens?
Anybody tought about what i said about being pregnant with Engineer seed?

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Dec 20, 2011, 11:52:53 PMi think there will be a few things going on, i dont think its going to be as straight forward as alien for some reason (as in one monster killing everyone off), and even though there is strict denials on the xeno i personally believe were gonna get at least an explanation of how theyre formed if not some sort of pure xeno starter creature. maybe we will get two or three different types of alien life.

thanks

rich

You know people have focused so much on the inclusion of the 'traditional' alien that they have (as far as I know) never bothered to ask the more basic question of whether this is even a monster movie at all. I have never seen any real confirmation of Prometheus being a creature feature. It could be that the 'dangerous elements' mentioned are not large or toothy, they might be small and invisible, or even entirely mechanical.

The 'Engineer 1' character, which most people are assuming is an alien being, could literally be a human engineer responsible for the FTL drive, as this is obviously a focus. The Alien Harvest script had a full scene for the 'jump' to FTL, a lot of it taking part in the engine room.

-Chris

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 11:59:22 PM
Agreed.

i think thats a good possibility judging by the images weve seen of her laid down in pain, impregnated/implanted or infected are all possible.

personally i hope they all die and just some sort of information transmission makes it back to earth to start the future xeno hunt missions of the wayland yutani and the nostromo crew.

thanks

rich

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 21, 2011, 12:03:58 AM
Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Dec 20, 2011, 11:52:53 PMi think there will be a few things going on, i dont think its going to be as straight forward as alien for some reason (as in one monster killing everyone off), and even though there is strict denials on the xeno i personally believe were gonna get at least an explanation of how theyre formed if not some sort of pure xeno starter creature. maybe we will get two or three different types of alien life.

thanks

rich

You know people have focused so much on the inclusion of the 'traditional' alien that they have (as far as I know) never bothered to ask the more basic question of whether this is even a monster movie at all. I have never seen any real confirmation of Prometheus being a creature feature. It could be that the 'dangerous elements' mentioned are not large or toothy, they might be small and invisible, or even entirely mechanical.

The 'Engineer 1' character, which most people are assuming is an alien being, could literally be a human engineer responsible for the FTL drive, as this is obviously a focus. The Alien Harvest script had a full scene for the 'jump' to FTL, a lot of it taking part in the engine room.

-Chris
The Engineer name comes from various sources who proven to be quite right.
The guy who's playing the elder engineer doesnt look old at all, if he plays an human engineer he would have to wear a makeup, wich would be stupid seeing the guy.
As for the creatures, Carlos Huante said he did some so i think there is monsters ;)

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Dec 21, 2011, 12:06:13 AM
Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 20, 2011, 11:59:22 PM
Agreed.

i think thats a good possibility judging by the images weve seen of her laid down in pain, impregnated/implanted or infected are all possible.

personally i hope they all die and just some sort of information transmission makes it back to earth to start the future xeno hunt missions of the wayland yutani and the nostromo crew.

thanks

rich

That would be a bold move to kill of everybody but i doubt that fox would accept a movie whose idea of a sequel was already discussed, that needs to have whole new set of characters in its follow up.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 21, 2011, 12:07:43 AMAs for the creatures, Carlos Huante said he did some so i think there is monsters ;)

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware of it. Woot, monsters! 8)

-Chris

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 21, 2011, 12:03:58 AM

thanks

rich

-Chris

well ridley himself said in one of the first look vids that it will be something that will appear small that will be enormous, i think all this talk of dna etc may be totally literal and we may well get this mutation that people are specualting on at a dna level, or maybe some sort of infection of small bugs that implant inside human and grow into something bigger that over time eventually evolves into the xeno. we may not get a full grown xeno size killer monster in the alien sense but i think we may get the sjs trying to kill them but i would expect in an intelligent way rather than a bite your face off way.

thanks

rich

T Dog

T Dog

It's possible they used motion capture suits in this for the Engineers/Jockeys and they are sticking Guy Pearce's face on one of them.

Also didn't Ridley say in the COMIC CON video that there will be Bio Mechanoids?

Engineer1

Engineer1

Biomechanoid is the comon name for giger's esthetic.

Quote from: tmjhur on Dec 21, 2011, 12:21:57 AM
It's possible they used motion capture suits in this for the Engineers.

I know that an actual Engineer suit/animatronic as been build now from the size of the chair in the starmap room and of the pilot seat they might have been enhanced to look bigger, but still have been built so the actors have something to respond to. Or maybe they will not be as big as expected, those corridors leading to each rooms are pretty human sized.
Maybe the Engineers suit changes sizes at will ^^

I tought about motion capture could be maybe used for the creature inside the suit, almost human but not quite maybe like AVATAR...

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 21, 2011, 12:30:45 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Dec 21, 2011, 12:21:57 AM
It's possible they used motion capture suits in this for the Engineers.

I know that an actual Engineer suit/animatronic as been build now from the sze of the chair in the starmap room and of the pilot seat they might have been enhanced to look bigger, but still have been built so the actors have something to respond to.

I tought about motion capture could be maybe used for the creature inside the suit, almost human but not quite maybe like AVATAR...

how do you know?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed