The Warhammer 40k Thread

Started by The Kurgan, Dec 09, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Author
The Warhammer 40k Thread (Read 66,371 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 09, 2020, 03:40:54 AM
What are you working on now?
I'm hopping between a bunch of different projects at the moment.

I just wrapped up a (modern) Necron Tomb Spyder and (old-school) Necron Flayed Ones, so I need to put the basing material on them to finish them up. For my Necron army the base theme I've gone with is Astrogranite Debris drybrushed with Hellion Green, it ends up looking kind of like lunar soil with a weird luminescent moss growing on it and I really like it.

I just basecoated a pair of Armiger Warglaives, and I'm building a squad of Necron Lychguard. I'm also working on several one-off painting projects, including UR-025 (from the Blackstone Fortress box set), Sister Amalia Novena, Severina Raine, a couple planes from Aeronautica Imperialis, and a pair of mini-Knights from Adeptus Titanicus. I also have 22 more Necron Warriors to restore up to my current standard and then all of my old-school Necrons will be "upgraded".

I find that juggling a bunch of different projects at different stages in development keeps me from getting bored; if I want to work on building stuff then I've got options for that, or if I want to work on painting then I have different projects using different color palettes and techniques.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

It occurs to me that Zack Snyder may be the perfect director to bring 40k to live action.  His style has actually been described as ridiculously bombastic and grimdark.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Big Preview Stuff:

- CGI trailer is very nice. Filling some quotas too.

- Promises of things I'll believe when I see.

- WHERE THE f**k ARE THE MODELS? A generic Primaris with a chainsword, a couple of resculpted Necron Warriors, and an incomplete look at the SK model? Really?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You mean this?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Yes, it's delicious.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Have you been able to resupply yet?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 23, 2020, 09:48:47 PM
Have you been able to resupply yet?

For most things. Certain paints are proving very hard to find in Asia Pacific.

And props to the leakers and data sifters who actually showed us the lovely new models that GW bizarrely refused to.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I've heard rumblings of a new price hike as well.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 25, 2020, 12:10:05 AM
This is confirmed.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That's gonna drive cancerblack to drink.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 26, 2020, 06:51:23 AM
This is confirmed.
Gotta take a loan out to buy a single Imperial Guardsman

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

This is confirmed.

Well shit.
It's already a hard pill to swallow, now depending on how big the price hike is it may as well be a suppository.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Y'all see dis?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: JokersWarPig on May 27, 2020, 06:13:30 PM
This is confirmed.

Well shit.
It's already a hard pill to swallow, now depending on how big the price hike is it may as well be a suppository.

In USD it's a couple bucks on most items. Which of course will be 3x as much here thanks to GWs creative in-house exchange rates.

StanSwitek

StanSwitek

Cool to see a 40k thread here. I myself don't play the game but I love to read the books and lore. The lore of 40k is so unique because it wears its many inspirations on its sleeve proudly, yet brings them all together into a totally new and exciting creation. Also, I enjoy the hobby of painting. The part of painting that gives me the most anxiety is edge highlighting and drybrushing.  I've painted a Death watch kill team as one of my first projects. It came out just OK. I've done a variety of Ultramarines (the noblest of the noble) reivers and intercessors. I have 12 Chaos space marines built and ready but haven't decided on a chapter yet. I was thinking Night Lords or Emperor's Children since I think they have the most interesting background. Also I have a second Death Watch kill team to paint as well so I have quite the backlog that will take me probably a long time to get through.

Here's a pic of my Primaris Redemptor Dreadnought that I completed not too long ago.

and here are a few Spindle Drones, from the very fun boardgame Blackstone Fortress. Those are a whole other set of minis I have yet to complete painting. I tried a speedpainting technique that I saw on the Midwinter Minis youtube channel, and  I was overall satisfied with how they came out. It is so cool that just one little "boop" of yellow on the red lenses give it so much more depth.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed