The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon

Started by Perfect-Organism, Nov 18, 2014, 10:44:01 PM

Author
The Rage War: A three part Alien / Predator epic by Tim Lebbon (Read 239,462 times)

Corporal Hicks

Easier to distribute, I guess. And theoretically cheaper in the longer run for both consumer and provider. That said I have seen a company (can't remember which) charge extra for digital release and call it a convenience fee!

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

I just pre-ordered Alien: Invasion on Sunday and shall be getting it on the 29th at my local book shop.

happypred

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Apr 10, 2016, 11:04:57 PM
I just pre-ordered Alien: Invasion on Sunday and shall be getting it on the 29th at my local book shop.

I might have to wait for a few reviews before I get this one

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

iTunes has a preview of Alien: Invasion available. You need iTunes or an iPhone to view it. I just looked through the table of contents, and there are fairly significant spoilers, so be wary if you want to go in with nothing spoiled.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/alien-invasion/id1073481926?mt=11

Spoiler
Looks like Johnny Mains lives after all. Also seems one Jiango Tann will be a new main character.
[close]

EDIT

Just finished it and
Spoiler
it's a nice action sequence that ends with Mains and Lieder getting rescued. Hicks, you get name-dropped again!
[close]

Can't wait until the 26th.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 13, 2016, 04:19:30 PM
iTunes has a preview of Alien: Invasion available. You need iTunes or an iPhone to view it. I just looked through the table of contents, and there are fairly significant spoilers, so be wary if you want to go in with nothing spoiled.

Spoiler
Looks like Johnny Mains lives after all. Also seems one Jiango Tann will be a new main character.
[close]

EDIT

Just finished it and
Spoiler
it's a nice action sequence that ends with Mains and Lieder getting rescued. Hicks, you get name-dropped again!
[close]

I haven't got an I-phone.  :(

But from what you've shared, that sounds really interesting.

Spoiler
I really liked Mains, so it's great that he's rescued. Does it say how he gets freed?
[close]

I really hope Amazon releases a free sample like they did for the last book.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Spoiler
He and Lieder get rescued by another Excursionist team, the HellSparks. There's also a small few page thing with an old guy blasting off into space on a one-way voyage, not sure if he's a Rage operative or what.

There was also something going on with the synthetic Patton before he got killed by debris. He was trying to dig something out of his chest.
[close]

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 13, 2016, 05:19:25 PM
Spoiler
He and Lieder get rescued by another Excursionist team, the HellSparks. There's also a small few page thing with an old guy blasting off into space on a one-way voyage, not sure if he's a Rage operative or what.
[close]

OMG!

I can't freakin' wait!

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Apr 13, 2016, 05:12:29 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 13, 2016, 04:19:30 PM

Spoiler
[close]

EDIT

Just finished it and
Spoiler
[close]

I haven't got an I-phone.  :(

But from what you've shared, that sounds really interesting.

Spoiler
I really liked Mains, so it's great that he's rescued. Does it say how he gets freed?
[close]

I really hope Amazon releases a free sample like they did for the last book.

Can't you get i-tunes even if you don't have an i-phone?  You're on a computer, therefore you should be able to get i-tunes and set up an account.  Happy reading.

The Alien Predator

Tried checking it on my friend's phone, but item is not available on the UK store. So when we try to switch to US store, it just goes to home page and item doesn't come up in search.

TheBATMAN

Anyone doing a re-read before book 2? We should properly de-construct it chapter by chapter.

The Alien Predator

I was reading some favourite chapters of mine.

I plan on doing a re-read when all three books are out. I'll binge read them back to back.

What about you? And yes, we should definitely deconstruct it chapter by chapter. It'd be fun.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Apr 14, 2016, 06:41:38 PM
I was reading some favourite chapters of mine.

I plan on doing a re-read when all three books are out. I'll binge read them back to back.

What about you? And yes, we should definitely deconstruct it chapter by chapter. It'd be fun.

I was thinking about that too, before the book overbored me.  Anyway, a good way to do it would be in book-club format.  So essentially you read a chapter (or another preset length) per week and then discuss it as a group.  We could set up separate threads for that and discuss every Wednesday or something..

The Alien Predator

I can't believe there's only a week left. Anyone getting this on the 26th? I gotta wait until the 29th... a fair price to pay seeing as I got Incursion a week before it came out.

HuDaFuK

I never even got Incursion :laugh:

To be honest, at this point I'll probably just wait for the third book and get them all at the same time. I've got too many books to read as it is.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 19, 2016, 03:53:08 PM
I never even got Incursion :laugh:

To be honest, at this point I'll probably just wait for the third book and get them all at the same time. I've got too many books to read as it is.

My mate's doing that as well. It's probably a good idea unless you want to stare at a mountain of unread books that have piled up.  ;D

Happy reading, Mistah Fuk.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed