Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 123,748 times)

Addison81

Addison81

The Fox panel at Cinemacon is from 1pm to 230pm eastern today. Unfortunately I don't expect any footage to leak. Still looking forward to descriptions of the footage though.

Hollywood

Hollywood

They're waiting for all the movie sites to stop coming out with an avengers article every 20 minutes.

skull-splitter

Quote from: Hollywood on May 02, 2018, 03:41:53 AM
They're waiting for all the movie sites to stop coming out with an avengers article every 20 minutes.
My best bet is that is linked to DP2, so in about two weeks.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: skull-splitter on May 02, 2018, 07:39:28 AM
Quote from: Hollywood on May 02, 2018, 03:41:53 AM
My best bet is that is linked to DP2, so in about two weeks.

And if not then we may never see this movie...

skull-splitter

Just can't think of any other film to tie it to... Besides Jurassic World.

Original Predator

Original Predator

There is a problem marketing this movie for a few main reasons:

1. No A-list lead actor to attach it to.  You guys can talk about actor A-B-C all you want and how good they are.  But the reality is an A-list actor is statistically proven to attract a percentage of money, just on the name alone to a film and that alone will pay for the marketing.  The marketing will be minimal on this film.  So we need to get used to it.  Please understand the "term" marketing isn't just previews.  It's a guest appearance on a Late Show, it's a tied in promo with the Wax Museum where Actor A plays a wax figure, it's filmed put on youtube everyone see's, laughs, loves.  ETC.  Pitching Boyd Hollbrook to appear on SNL, or the Late Show or a Wax Museum isn't putting a dent in anything.  No knock on Boyd or the crew, just isnt'.

2. It's Niche.  Because of the prior failures of this film franchise (Prometheus is also used as a gauge here, same fanbase) and the landscape and the fact that this film isn't slated for the "summer blockbuster" talk.  Movie writers/critics aren't writing about this film, will be alls quiet until release.  It's slated for Sept, the "wind down time" in the industry (again you can pretend that the whole "IT" phenomena will permeate to Pred, but your pretending, it was a perfect storm aka phenomena, so that "reasoning" is a pacifier the FOX big wigs are feeding you). Right now it's not on the radar for "mainstream" promotion.

3.  Movie money is the lowest it's been in 20 plus years.  People are going to movies, but not as often.  So Family A, or person A, isn't going to see 5-7 movies in a span of May thru Dec.  They will now see 2-3.  So they are planning Jurassic Park, Avengers and DeadPool.  They aren't going to budget for 3-4 more obscure less known films.  They will see the "big dog" movies and be done.  And that's just a fact. 

So while the fanbase for this film is rabid, we need to realize that the rest of the world likely hasn't heard a peep and if they did, don't care for the reasons stated above. 

Huggs

Huggs

That's why another game would be nice. Had they came out with an actual Alien movie when Isolation was still fresh in the minds of the mainstream, who knows? The predator is holding tough with cameos right now. Were a new AVP game to be released next year, followed shortly by AVP3 from Disney, it may lead to some larger interest in these franchises. At least, the young folks might get caught up in the game, and then want to see the new movie, and then they're hooked.

And personally, I just think that at this point and time in cinematic history, the only way to keep these movies alive,relevant, and making bank is to go full Jurassic World/Aliens 86/L.O.T.R.      Explosions, Spectacle, Big Set Pieces, and lots of creatures, soldiers and equipment. So maybe black is onto something here. It's a cg and color junkies world now. Deep thinking androids with space philosophy just isn't something one can take to the bank. People wanna see iron man in a shiny suit fight the giant CG bad guys. I may not be "excited" for the movie, but I'm interested to see what kind of financial performance it will have.

Original Predator

Quote from: Huggs on May 02, 2018, 04:21:36 PM
That's why another game would be nice. Had they came out with an actual Alien movie when Isolation was still fresh in the minds of the mainstream, who knows? The predator is holding tough with cameos right now. Were a new AVP game to be released next year, followed shortly by AVP3 from Disney, it may lead to some larger interest in these franchises. At least, the young folks might get caught up in the game, and then want to see the new movie, and then they're hooked.

And personally, I just think that at this point and time in cinematic history, the only way to keep these movies alive,relevant, and making bank is to go full Jurassic World/Aliens 86/L.O.T.R.      Explosions, Spectacle, Big Set Pieces, and lots of creatures, soldiers and equipment. So maybe black is onto something here. It's a cg and color junkies world now. Deep thinking androids with space philosophy just isn't something one can take to the bank. People wanna see iron man in a shiny suit fight the giant CG bad guys. I may not be "excited" for the movie, but I'm interested to see what kind of financial performance it will have.

Totally agree.  Great additional points.  If they weren't gonna go the "A" list route, then yeah they probly need to go with the circus atmosphere.  Set up the big old tent....people will go check it out.

Huggs

Huggs

Makes you wonder if the studio is waiting to see how this fun and funky take on predator turns out, before another alien prequel is green-lit. If this film is successful, we may very well be looking at something like Aliens or AVP next. I doubt they would ask Shane to do it though. And I think Cameron is alittle busy at the moment.

funk_master_chunk

Living in hope that the re-shoots were forced by Disney/Fox.

The fact that there's been no marketing for a film with a following like Predator is odd. It may well be 'on track' in terms of the normal approach. BUt considering the following this has and the generations it spans, I think it's weird to have seen absolutely nothing so far.

Even the original  'You won't see him coming' poster/reveal wasn't from this film, was it? And,IIRC, the lightning bolt poster was revealed on social media by someone visiting Fox, was it not?

So either this film has the worst guerrilla marketing campaign or there have been some HUGE changes behind the scenes and they're having to re-work a lot of it.

Hoping it's the latter as having now read the first draft, I don't want that to be the final film.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on May 02, 2018, 08:27:36 PM
Hoping it's the latter as having now read the first draft, I don't want that to be the final film.

Could somebody PM me the first draft? I'd really love to read it myself.

Lionhart

Lionhart

Just asked Mr shane on Facebook to stop f**king around and give us the damn trailer. He replied by liking my comment. LoL

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: Lionhart on May 04, 2018, 07:49:25 PM
Just asked Mr shane on Facebook to stop f**king around and give us the damn trailer. He replied by liking my comment. LoL

I've asked him many times on Twitter. He never replies...

SiL

SiL

It's almost like it's not up to him or something. Crazy!

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Lionhart on May 04, 2018, 07:49:25 PM

Diabolical!   :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed