"Something came after us!"

Started by The Shuriken, Nov 11, 2007, 05:30:04 AM

Author
"Something came after us!" (Read 4,826 times)

Robotpo

Robotpo

I agree, basically. Especially with the lame settings and the preference to see more of the adult characters. Personally, the only characters I'm interested in in this film are Dallas, Kelly, Tim, Morales, and "the Colonel/government types." Everyone else seems pretty abysmal.

On topic, it looks like Ricky and Jesse, (which is the incorrect spelling of the name for a girl, BTW), are chased out of the school by alien(s), although a few of Dale's cronies aren't so lucky, and they then report the encounter to Dallas, who seems to be at the scene of another alien/pred-related incident with Morales.

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

i just hope the kid that deliver's the "something came after us line" dies in a really brutal way.   he looks like the worst actor in the movie.   

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Quote from: PRAETORIAN MONSTER on Nov 11, 2007, 07:33:02 AM
i just hope the kid that deliver's the "something came after us line" dies in a really brutal way.   he looks like the worst actor in the movie.   

That's Ricky if i am right.
And in the original AvP R trailer he probably dies,cuz one alien impales him with his tail. ;)

Like some people here said,the directors should have turned more attention to Sheriff Morales and Dallas. :)

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

If they would have got rid of the teens, their lame backgrounds(Pizza boy?), and some of the settings like the school and such, would have made the film that much better and it would have been so easy to disclude all that! Also they shouldn't have an alien in the woods, even though they will, shouldn't be there. That environment suits the predator more, more organic and such. The power plant suits the alien.

Predator-S

Predator-S

I actually like the pool scene. Sure, the background is a little "The Faculty"-ish, but it may turn out creepy.  ::)

And I loved the T-Rex devastating the city in TLW. I loved the whole movie.

Now...imagine an alien attacking Ricky and before pouncing over him saying "TIS PIZZA TIEM!!11!1"  :D

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on Nov 11, 2007, 08:10:17 AM
If they would have got rid of the teens, their lame backgrounds(Pizza boy?), and some of the settings like the school and such, would have made the film that much better and it would have been so easy to disclude all that! Also they shouldn't have an alien in the woods, even though they will, shouldn't be there. That environment suits the predator more, more organic and such. The power plant suits the alien.

Yeah they could have got a small army tactical unit to check it out first then they end up having to survive with a few of the adult characters, but i guess having teens give it a survival feel other then a action feel

§niperhawk

§niperhawk

personally i hope everyone dies. that may seem cruel but i can have my hopes

Anomaly

Anomaly

If level of confidence in the characters plummets I dont hope everyone onscreen dies, I hope the movie bombs. A bigger effect you see ;)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Ballzanya on Nov 11, 2007, 06:08:06 AM
One thing about the hospital in this film that i don't understand is why the hive is in the regular hallways of the hospital and not a basement level.

It's probably both.

Expansion.

That Yellow Alien

I'm sure the reason they choose the hospital for the hive is the abundance of hosts.

The Cleaner

The Cleaner

I don't get it, people keep saying 'Uh, if it takes place anywhere else besides the hospital, power plant and sewers, it gonna suck!'. The Aliens are always looking to expand their nests, they're not just going to keep to one place and that's it. They're going to expand where ever they can. Whether it be schools, churchs, strip clubs, hunting stores, anywhere. I would think that would make it more realistic than them just saying 'Okay, we made our nest here, and now we're going to stay here', whereas the movies show, they're always looking to expand their nests and look for more hosts. They're like bees, only big, drooling, acid-bleeding, lion-like bees.

Predalienslayer

Predalienslayer

"Something came after us"??

I hear it as:

"Something came out from it"

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Oh God, let's not start up a debate. He said "Something came after us!", end of.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

I say alien, because why would he say "I don't know!" if he saw a glimpse of the pred? It looks so much like a human with a mask.

Munkeywrench

Munkeywrench

Quote from: The Cleaner on Nov 11, 2007, 06:01:44 PM
I don't get it, people keep saying 'Uh, if it takes place anywhere else besides the hospital, power plant and sewers, it gonna suck!'. The Aliens are always looking to expand their nests, they're not just going to keep to one place and that's it. They're going to expand where ever they can. Whether it be schools, churchs, strip clubs, hunting stores, anywhere. I would think that would make it more realistic than them just saying 'Okay, we made our nest here, and now we're going to stay here', whereas the movies show, they're always looking to expand their nests and look for more hosts. They're like bees, only big, drooling, acid-bleeding, lion-like bees.

I agree I cant see the aliens avoiding certain buildings I would think they would comb through every building looking for hosts and nest building materials. Anyway do we even know the pool is in High School?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed