So why EXACTLY was it gunnison?

Started by badass_badger, Sep 23, 2007, 04:59:55 PM

Author
So why EXACTLY was it gunnison? (Read 4,006 times)

badass_badger

I mean, I live near Gunnison, and it's not THAT much a hillbilly town. It's quite nice. But out of all the small towns in the US... why was it Gunnison? Did the directors just blind fold themselves and throw darts at a map of the US and whatever town it landed on was the winner?

pmaz11

pmaz11

hmmm, not sure....maybe there will be some connection or some importance to why it's there. I dont know though, Im sure they had some reason for choosing it.

Don Dorris

Well if it was founded in 1879 as the population trailer suggests - it could be a nod to Alien which was from 1979.

Maybe...just...maybe.

Pred-Xeno

Pred-Xeno

Quote from: Lovely Man on Sep 23, 2007, 05:03:35 PM
Well if it was founded in 1879 as the population trailer suggests - it could be a nod to Alien which was from 1979.

Maybe...just...maybe.
I never thought of that it makes sense.

Major Alan Schaefer

maybe they like the town...had a "nice" experacne or something  ;D

Pred-Xeno

Pred-Xeno

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Sep 23, 2007, 05:21:36 PM
maybe they like the town...had a "nice" experacne or something  ;D
Yea maybe the military knew about Aliens and Predators before and now they don't want anyone to inter with their evil plans  :o ;D

Gates

Gates

I disagree...there's only a two digit similarity and 100 years between the two...I would say that the reason it's Gunnison is because of geography, at least more so than any other reason...it's not a back-water town, it has a nice size to it...also, I think it is supposedly surrounded by mountains and the like, and it's a reasonable distance away from anymore heavily populated areas...thus providing a clever, yet ultimately questionable explanation as to why the aliens can't spread farther than Gunnison...

That Yellow Alien

^Yes

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Gates on Sep 23, 2007, 05:27:27 PM

I disagree...there's only a two digit similarity and 100 years between the two...I would say that the reason it's Gunnison is because of geography, at least more so than any other reason...it's not a back-water town, it has a nice size to it...also, I think it is supposedly surrounded by mountains and the like, and it's a reasonable distance away from anymore heavily populated areas...thus providing a clever, yet ultimately questionable explanation as to why the aliens can't spread farther than Gunnison...

And there people, is your reason as to why to film is set in Gunnison.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Aeus on Sep 23, 2007, 05:46:24 PM

It's a logical and very good reason they wanted a town that fit the profile of what they needed and where they could shoot

Pred-Xeno

Pred-Xeno

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Sep 23, 2007, 05:47:22 PM
Quote from: Aeus on Sep 23, 2007, 05:46:24 PM

It's a logical and very good reason they wanted a town that fit the profile of what they needed and where they could shoot
Yea I guess that's the real reason pretty much for why its set in Gunnison.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Because that's where the ship crashes.

arnold23

arnold23

Quote from: echobbase79 on Sep 24, 2007, 02:40:06 AM

Because that's where the ship falls.

HAHA, yeah that makes the most sense really.

echobbase79

I would like to know why Salerno set it there myself? I wonder if he's from there?

That Yellow Alien

He originally set it in a small Texas town. Thank god they changed it, or else we would have gotten hillbillies versus Aliens versus Predator.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed