10min Alien Covenant Footage From Alien Day Screenings

Started by iain, Apr 27, 2017, 08:33:23 PM

Author
10min Alien Covenant Footage From Alien Day Screenings (Read 37,732 times)

rabidranger

Are we sure Walter is benevolent?  Seems like a likely sleeper agent for the Company.

Ulfer

If there is a twist with him, I hope it's more complicated or at least more original than that.

QuoteAgreed.  I love his impassive reaction as an android.
Fassbender is a great actor. It's understandable Scott wanted to use his talents again, with two characters this time. It would have been more rational to have a different robot and a different actor for Walter, but it's better this way, I guess.

HuDaFuK

Saw this in the cinema after Prometheus the other day. I really enjoyed the sequence. Intense. Loved the way the crew broke down believably once the shit hit the fan.

Also thought it was really interesting how
Spoiler
Tennessee and a few of the others were still on the ship in orbit while hell was breaking loose on the ground. Interested to see how that develops. Obviously Tennessee at least ends up down on the surface at some point.
[close]

Infected

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 28, 2017, 04:56:18 PM
Saw this in the cinema after Prometheus the other day. I really enjoyed the sequence. Intense. Loved the way the crew broke down believably once the shit hit the fan.

Spoiler
Tennessee and a few of the others were still on the ship in orbit while hell was breaking loose on the ground. Interested to see how that develops. Obviously Tennessee at least ends up down on the surface at some point.
[close]
What also was Prometheus like to me, is what you are saying, a few stayed on the ship in orbit, the whole crew instantly went down to the planet, i mean really?? 2000 embryo's or 2000 people in cryo is kind of a precious cargo, wasnt the dropship pilot and the android for reckon much safer and enough?

oberonqa

Quote from: Infected on Apr 28, 2017, 07:35:41 PM

Spoiler
[close]
What also was Prometheus like to me, is what you are saying, a few stayed on the ship in orbit, the whole crew instantly went down to the planet, i mean really?? 2000 embryo's or 2000 people in cryo is kind of a precious cargo, wasnt the dropship pilot and the android for reckon much safer and enough?

Spoiler

A few stayed behind on the Covenant.  They also had a scan of the area around the landing site similiar to the holoscanner in Prometheus.  It looks like 6 people and 1 android made the trip down and of that, it looks like they split into two teams of 3 each with Faris (I think) staying behind to mind the drop ship. 

I dont know the total crew size... but I want to say 13... in which case 6 stayed behind on the Covenant while the rest went down.

Seems pretty logical and safe to me.   If bad stuff happened to away team, at least 6 would be left on the main ship, which includes the captain I might add.  Mcbride stays on the Covenant and does not join the away team.

[close]

Infected

Quote from: oberonqa on Apr 28, 2017, 08:07:27 PM
Quote from: Infected on Apr 28, 2017, 07:35:41 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler

A few stayed behind on the Covenant.  They also had a scan of the area around the landing site similiar to the holoscanner in Prometheus.  It looks like 6 people and 1 android made the trip down and of that, it looks like they split into two teams of 3 each with Faris (I think) staying behind to mind the drop ship. 

I dont know the total crew size... but I want to say 13... in which case 6 stayed behind on the Covenant while the rest went down.

Seems pretty logical and safe to me.   If bad stuff happened to away team, at least 6 would be left on the main ship, which includes the captain I might add.  Mcbride stays on the Covenant and does not join the away team.

[close]
I wouldnt, im to sceptic, i would send a few people, and never leave the original mission behind with a skeleton crew.

fernandito

little neomorphs sure are fun lol. Both brutal births, and quick. I think backbuster wins todays gore contest

Now seriously, the ambience music certainly goes with these scenes. Reminds me of even the tension of alien tension for moments. Looks like we could be having a good alien movie after so much time at long last

oberonqa

Quote from: fernandito on Apr 28, 2017, 08:47:12 PM
little neomorphs sure are fun lol. Both brutal births, and quick. I think backbuster wins todays gore contest

Now seriously, the ambience music certainly goes with these scenes. Reminds me of even the tension of alien tension for moments. Looks like we could be having a good alien movie after so much time at long last

Agreed.  I showed the footage to a couple of coworkers and just watching their faces and body language is priceless.  The neomorph birthing scene is totally going to be a talking point for the public.

Even better... since Ridley is showing us this... I have high hopes for what he isn't showing us.  The best is yet to come  I think.

Richman678

After re-watching it I have a theory that the Neomorphs might be blind. It looked like they responded to noises much more. However, I dont think it will hold up since the one was able to break through glass....meaning it knew the glass was there.

St_Eddie

Quote from: oberonqa on Apr 28, 2017, 08:55:39 PM
... since Ridley is showing us this... I have high hopes for what he isn't showing us.  The best is yet to come  I think.

Not necessarily.  I doubt that it was Ridley Scott's call to choose which footage was shown.  It was much more likely down to Fox's marketing department and judging by how the trailers thus far have shown us way too much of the film's plot (basically the exact same thing which happened with the marketing for 'Prometheus'), I wouldn't be at all surprised if these clips were chosen as a highlight reel.  Then again, I am very cynical by nature but with good cause I feel.

echobbase79

Quote from: St_Eddie on Apr 28, 2017, 10:40:52 PM
Quote from: oberonqa on Apr 28, 2017, 08:55:39 PM
... since Ridley is showing us this... I have high hopes for what he isn't showing us.  The best is yet to come  I think.

Not necessarily.  I doubt that it was Ridley Scott's call to choose which footage was shown.  It was much more likely down to Fox's marketing department and judging by how the trailers thus far have shown us way too much of the film's plot (basically the exact same thing which happened with the marketing for 'Prometheus'), I wouldn't be at all surprised if these clips were chosen as a highlight reel.  Then again, I am very cynical by nature but with good cause I feel.

I think Fox should've only showed the backburster scene. From the positive response from fans on this site that would've been enough to give the fans/general audience the incentive to see the movie.

SpeedyMaxx

I don't think for one moment that Ridley didn't clear them showing that footage. He is now the undisputed franchise ringmaster. What he says goes.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 29, 2017, 12:40:40 AM
I don't think for one moment that Ridley didn't clear them showing that footage. He is now the undisputed franchise ringmaster. What he says goes.

I remember on the commentary track for Prometheus he said that the higher-ups were asking him why he was shooting scenes a certain way. He said something like this, "After all these years directing you'd think they'd let me be."

Now that was with old regime under Rothman, the new one might have said (and I believe this) "Go make the film you want Ridely."

BishopShouldGo

Yeah, I always wondered which specific higher-ups were questioning him. On the first day of my previous job, we went out to lunch at ROC Sawtelle. Me, my boss and his executives ran into Michael Ellenberg, and I was incredibly tempted to ask him all about Prometheus. 

echobbase79

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 29, 2017, 01:25:06 AM
Yeah, I always wondered which specific higher-ups were questioning him. On the first day of my previous job, we went out to lunch at ROC Sawtelle. Me, my boss and his executives ran into Michael Ellenberg, and I was incredibly tempted to ask him all about Prometheus.

Good to hear that you got into the biz Bishop. I know you always wanted to.

Anyway, if you see him again you should ask him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed