xeno vs neo

Started by juxtapose, Jan 07, 2017, 12:27:33 PM

Which new alien are you more looking forward to and excited about. . The classic xeno. .or the new neo. .

The Neomorph
21 (42%)
Classic Xenomorph
29 (58%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author
xeno vs neo (Read 8,725 times)

FreeFacehugz

FreeFacehugz

Looking forward to the classic of course. These are my favorite movies and seeing big chap done well on screen again will be great, but...

Classic also means its what we've seen before and I'm really more interested in seeing something new brought to the table. I'm really thinking that how the Neomorphs are birthed is not gonna be just a straight "back burst". I think its gonna be more of a straight up transformation of the infected person. I think their whole spinal column is gonna rip out of their body as part of the actual creature and there's not gonna be much left of the crew member afterwards. Just check out the pic of the aftermath posted by fox themselves. Will be kind of reminiscent of what I think was an early Alien3 script where people were literally transforming into Xeno's.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 07, 2017, 06:55:59 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 07, 2017, 06:53:12 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 07, 2017, 06:49:28 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 07, 2017, 06:41:37 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 07, 2017, 06:39:59 PM
Looking forward to see Neomorphs. I don't think we gonna see classic Xeno in A:C.

You did see the trailer right?

I did and it's not classic Xenomorph as we know it. It's proto-Xenomorph (Primal Xenomorph if you prefer). It's Xenomorph without mechanical parts. Pure bio.

Do you have a source for that?
Because I saw eggs (admittedly they were different), facehuggers and a drone which we only see the head and tail of so we can't tell if it has no biomechanical parts or not.

Source? I've read about it on this website: www.avpgalaxy.net ;)

We've never reported that the "traditional" Alien was a proto-Alien.  :) As far as I'm aware, nothing in the narrative of Covenant would indicate it is. However, there are some noticeable differences in design. Whether they're just artistic license or actually serve to differentiate Covenant's "Big Chap" I don't know.

While I liked Spaihts' Alien: Engineers, one of the issues I always had with it was that the traditional Alien always seemed like an after-thought and were killed too easily. I would have been happy to see an entire film that was just the proto-Aliens. I just hope the "traditional" Aliens don't get the same treatment in Covenant.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 07, 2017, 07:07:01 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 07, 2017, 07:01:09 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 07, 2017, 06:57:58 PM
Looking forward to see Neomorphs. I don't think we gonna see classic Xeno in A:C.

I did and it's not classic Xenomorph as we know it. It's proto-Xenomorph (Primal Xenomorph if you prefer). It's Xenomorph without mechanical parts. Pure bio.

Because I saw eggs (admittedly they were different), facehuggers and a drone which we only see the head and tail of so we can't tell if it has no biomechanical parts or not.

So just speculation and opinion then... :laugh:

If I'm not mistaken Corporal mentioned about it few times.

Hicks is still just a member of this site, not someone working for fox or ridley so he is not in a position to know facts of the film (as far as I know anyway), though he has interviewed some of those who worked on previous films so kudos to him for that but what he says would just be his opinion and speculation like anyone else here. Its a good theory though, I myself wondered if the eggs are first gen aliens due to their weird look.

While I've never said the "traditional" Alien is a proto-Alien (not that I remember anyway), I think I make it pretty clear what is merely my opinion and what information I may have gleaned elsewhere. Our article on the Neomorphs was proved true by the trailer and Franco all but confirmed his appearance in recent interviews. Only the Weyland information is still unconfirmed at this minute.

Starting to find all this suspicion hurtful.  :P

Astronoë

Astronoë

Can't really do the poll  before having seen movie..

FreeFacehugz

FreeFacehugz

Quote from: Astronoë on Jan 08, 2017, 03:01:34 PM

Why? He's asking what your most looking forward to seeing in the movie.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2017, 02:50:44 PM

We've never reported that the "traditional" Alien was a proto-Alien.  :) As far as I'm aware, nothing in the narrative of Covenant would indicate it is. However, there are some noticeable differences in design. Whether they're just artistic license or actually serve to differentiate Covenant's "Big Chap" I don't know.

While I liked Spaihts' Alien: Engineers, one of the issues I always had with it was that the traditional Alien always seemed like an after-thought and were killed too easily. I would have been happy to see an entire film that was just the proto-Aliens. I just hope the "traditional" Aliens don't get the same treatment in Covenant.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 07, 2017, 07:07:01 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 07, 2017, 07:01:09 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 07, 2017, 06:57:58 PM

So just speculation and opinion then... :laugh:

If I'm not mistaken Corporal mentioned about it few times.

Hicks is still just a member of this site, not someone working for fox or ridley so he is not in a position to know facts of the film (as far as I know anyway), though he has interviewed some of those who worked on previous films so kudos to him for that but what he says would just be his opinion and speculation like anyone else here. Its a good theory though, I myself wondered if the eggs are first gen aliens due to their weird look.

While I've never said the "traditional" Alien is a proto-Alien (not that I remember anyway), I think I make it pretty clear what is merely my opinion and what information I may have gleaned elsewhere. Our article on the Neomorphs was proved true by the trailer and Franco all but confirmed his appearance in recent interviews. Only the Weyland information is still unconfirmed at this minute.

Ha! now now, no insults were thrown  :laugh:

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

i think it's pretty clear weyland is there, in the piano scene, the dark figure walking forwards whilst david looking at him.
it wouldnt make sense if that wasn't weyland, now would it? so i think its pretty clear it's him, he's also credited in the imdb page.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: cliffhanger on Jan 08, 2017, 04:14:28 PM

i think it's pretty clear weyland is there, in the piano scene, the dark figure walking forwards whilst david looking at him.
it wouldnt make sense if that wasn't weyland, now would it? so i think its pretty clear it's him, he's also credited in the imdb page.

I know that's Weyland but we don't see his face unfortunately.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 08, 2017, 04:13:49 PM

Never said there was.  :P

Astronoë

Astronoë

Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Jan 08, 2017, 03:23:42 PM

This isn't like jurassic world where we knew beforehand what most looked like. F xmpl Mosasaur.

I need to make a comparrison n can't when we haven't seen the neo properly...

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

Quote from: Astronoë on Jan 08, 2017, 04:22:48 PM

This isn't like jurassic world where we knew beforehand what most looked like. F xmpl Mosasaur.

did you actually read the op?

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2017, 04:19:33 PM
Quote from: cliffhanger on Jan 08, 2017, 04:14:28 PM

I know that's Weyland but we don't see his face unfortunately.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jan 08, 2017, 04:13:49 PM

Never said there was.  :P
I know but I had to comment on.. ahem.. your "hurtfulness"  ;) lol

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

kiss on it to make the hurt go away?

FreeFacehugz

FreeFacehugz

He's not asking which you like the look of better or who would win in a fight. He's simply asking which one your most interested in seeing in the movie.

Astronoë

Astronoë

Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Jan 08, 2017, 04:30:11 PM

He's not asking which you like the look of better or who would win in a fight. He's simply asking which one your most interested in seeing in the movie.

We saw a gif of it, blurry n have some rumours of its capabilities, n in the trailer it prefers the back. That's it. Not much to get excited about..

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Reminds me of the beluga morph, that was white and more organic looking as well.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

Quote from: Astronoë on Jan 08, 2017, 04:37:39 PM
Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Jan 08, 2017, 04:30:11 PM

We saw a gif of it, blurry n have some rumours of its capabilities, n in the trailer it prefers the back. That's it. Not much to get excited about..

again, you dont need the look of it, the description of how it probably will be like and how it will operate and the fact that its something a tad different then the classic xeno is about the question. i dont get why you keep being so hostile about it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed