Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 132,122 times)

x-M-x

Thinking SHAW is morphed or half dead? Kinda like Dallas in Alien 1.

Thoughts?

And those *DOG TAGS* have to be shaws.... c'mon

Walter

Loved trailer, Colors especially <3
So it's mean infection moves from Air ?  ???

x-M-x

Quote from: Walter on Dec 25, 2016, 06:24:34 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/26FLiRAKfhxlVDLIA/source.gif

Kinda like what actually happens... when mold/spores get inside you.. you're SICK AS A DOG!

This must be the home world of the *Black Goo*

rustyredraccoon

rustyredraccoon

Can't be any worse than Alien 3 or Alien Resurrection, right?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: x-M-x on Dec 25, 2016, 06:25:43 AM

Kinda like what actually happens... when mold/spores get inside you.. you're SICK AS A DOG!

The spores are to do with the Neomorphs, the new Alien-like creatures: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/10/24/neomorphs-alien-covenants-new-aliens/

DaddyYautja

Quote from: monkeylove on Dec 25, 2016, 06:06:04 AM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Dec 25, 2016, 05:46:33 AM
Hmmmm, the trailer makes it seem like they just remade Alien.

They dropped in a different location but the series of events are almost the same.

A group of people land on a planet with a Jock ship, explore it, and get infected.

And if this group knows what they are looking for... why would they walk in unprotected? The planet having a breathable atmosphere is not an excuse. That scene of being infected by the spore is the same silliness we saw in Prometheus from people that should know better.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the cowboy hat, the actress who reminds me of Ripley, etc.

And to elaborate a bit further, all alien movies basically follow the same series of events but atmosphere different enough in each movie that you dont care about it.

A military mission, trapped in a penal colony, sneaking into a test facility.

This one looks a lot like a group of space truckers sent to explore some crashed ship.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: AsapJockey on Dec 25, 2016, 06:22:08 AM
I liked that it didnt show much, but that shower scene was corny im just gonna say it.

The trailer editing wont help that. Remember, there likely to be far more to it than that but yeah, it is a bit of a trope. I like that there's not a lot of story specifics in this. Not much in the way of creature either - I'd been expecting them to make a bigger deal of the Alien but I'm happy with that.

Gutted they showed the death scenes they did though. Loved the Bowie cover, thought it worked really well.

Burn the Floor

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 25, 2016, 06:32:36 AM
Quote from: AsapJockey on Dec 25, 2016, 06:22:08 AM
I liked that it didnt show much, but that shower scene was corny im just gonna say it.

The trailer editing wont help that. Remember, there likely to be far more to it than that but yeah, it is a bit of a trope. I like that there's not a lot of story specifics in this. Not much in the way of creature either - I'd been expecting them to make a bigger deal of the Alien but I'm happy with that.

Gutted they showed the death scenes they did though. Loved the Bowie cover, thought it worked really well.

Whether there's more to it or not doesn't change the fact that's a gratuitous shower scene

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 25, 2016, 06:16:19 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 25, 2016, 06:06:17 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 25, 2016, 06:03:53 AM
Quote from: MajorB on Dec 25, 2016, 05:56:34 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 25, 2016, 05:47:43 AM
So did anyone spot Weyland?

I'm pretty sure this silhouette is Weyland.

Yep! Looks like the footage we described when we broke the Weyland news.
Yea but Weyland was a very old man in Prometheus, there he looks to be no worse than 40 from behind. I'm thinking it's Walter sitting and David standing. Then again it could be Weyland I suppose. :laugh:

He's not supposed to be old there.

Here, refresh your memory (spoilers) http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/10/29/avpgalaxy-exclusive-guy-pearce-returns-alien-covenant/
Yes and it doesn't add up unless David is a lot older than most of us thought he was in Prometheus. Prometheus is what, set 10 years before Covenant and no one on the ship appeared to have ever seen the "David" production model. Of course perhaps it was a work in progress that took decades. The Scene does make sense as the flashback scene we read about though.

Quote from: x-M-x on Dec 25, 2016, 06:25:43 AM

Indeed. My monies on it being the planet the sacrificial engineer created in the beginning of Prometheus.

Nightmare Asylum

I'm seriously bummed out by how cheap/Earthlike what we are seeing of the planet looks like.

So much for any potential hope of anything even vaguely Giger-esque in terms of landscape. Even Prometheus' stone architecture felt closer to the look of Alien than what we're seeing here.

Burn the Floor

QuoteIndeed. My monies on it being the planet the sacrificial engineer created in the beginning of Prometheus.

I thought that was implied to be Earth

gabgrave

Where there is an egg and the alien corridors we saw before, might there be a Queen?

Perfect-Organism

Pretty cool.  Already I can see nice cinematography.  The color palette is fairly similar to Prometheus.

Looks like somebody is getting the Lambert treatment with that alien tail...

Walter

And this "U" ship Its seams like just landed , look at this broken trees, These are possible David and Shaw  :o

Jet Jaguar

Jet Jaguar

If that crashed derelict is the same one that David & Shaw were flying then I think that planet got to be the engineer's homeworld. Few months back, there were production set photos too showing Engineer's structures and their charred bodies etc.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed