Exploring the Creatures of Predators

Started by Darkoo, May 06, 2010, 09:41:04 AM

Author
Exploring the Creatures of Predators (Read 12,250 times)

Darkoo

Darkoo

We refer to him as Classic," says Nicotero of their callout to the old-school Predator. "We recreated him when [our puppeteer] Shannon [Shea] worked at Stan Winston Studios on the original version and he worked on the set. So we were actually there. ... We were going back to the original film in terms of tone and spirit. You know, when you watch the last AvP movie, it's like a Freddy Vs. Jason movie. They just took out Freddy and Jason and put in aliens. So it's really going back to the spirit of what the film was originally intended to be. ... It was really the first time that we had seen this Classic Predator look since the first movie, because the designs had changed and everyone put their fingerprints on it here and there. So it kind of went back to the beginning. It was really exciting for everybody. It was one of those situations where you can't just take a mold off of the shelf and go, 'O.K., well here's the Predator hand.' And now we're going to make every single piece, all the dreadlocks and all of the jewelry on the dreadlocks. And every single piece had to be sculpted and molded and designed and manufactured."

Derek Mears, a.k.a. Jason Voorhees from the Friday the 13th remake, is playing the Classic Predator. At approximately 6 feet 3 inches tall, he's a big guy. But not so much when compared to the actors playing the Super Predators.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/108/1088049p1.html

i read he was 6'5, but 6'3 isn't really very tall, i'm almost 6'2, and have a freind who is about 6'5 so i don't really think 6'3 is that big :(

bleau

Quote from: AvatarIII on May 06, 2010, 09:46:52 AM
i read he was 6'5, but 6'3 isn't really very tall, i'm almost 6'2, and have a freind who is about 6'5 so i don't really think 6'3 is that big :(

IMDB has him listed as 6'5. I believe he is 6'5 plus he is vary muscular.

Quote from: bleau on May 06, 2010, 09:51:16 AM
Quote from: AvatarIII on May 06, 2010, 09:46:52 AM

IMDB has him listed as 6'5. I believe he is 6'5 plus he is vary muscular.

for now i'll trust IMDBs info, i just hope they shoot the pred in a way that make them look closer to 7ft. shame they didn't get the guy who was the pred in avp/avpR since he is over 7ft.

should have got this guy to be BSP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Fingleton
http://neilfingletonlive.com/

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Quote from: Darkoo on May 06, 2010, 09:41:04 AM
We refer to him as Classic," says Nicotero of their callout to the old-school Predator. "We recreated him when [our puppeteer] Shannon [Shea] worked at Stan Winston Studios on the original version and he worked on the set. So we were actually there. ... We were going back to the original film in terms of tone and spirit. You know, when you watch the last AvP movie, it's like a Freddy Vs. Jason movie. They just took out Freddy and Jason and put in aliens. So it's really going back to the spirit of what the film was originally intended to be. ... It was really the first time that we had seen this Classic Predator look since the first movie, because the designs had changed and everyone put their fingerprints on it here and there. So it kind of went back to the beginning. It was really exciting for everybody. It was one of those situations where you can't just take a mold off of the shelf and go, 'O.K., well here's the Predator hand.' And now we're going to make every single piece, all the dreadlocks and all of the jewelry on the dreadlocks. And every single piece had to be sculpted and molded and designed and manufactured."

Derek Mears, a.k.a. Jason Voorhees from the Friday the 13th remake, is playing the Classic Predator. At approximately 6 feet 3 inches tall, he's a big guy. But not so much when compared to the actors playing the Super Predators.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/108/1088049p1.html

Nice find!

The article could've done with some comparison photo's though...

Doomofman

Cool read that..

AncientPred

im really loving what im hearing, fingers crossed everything lives up to my excitment :)

Corporate Merc

The best Predators set visit ever. Hope to god everything mentioned is true then this is gonna be one badass flick.

bleau

Man I am pumped. If this is really good I may see this multiple times at the theater.

LLIT

LLIT

Looks really cool. Still worried about the Predator height's though. I'm 6'3' & my brother is 6'6", so these guys    don't seem very tall.

Federick Gonsa

Shock till you drop has the longest set report so far. They talk with Greg Nicotero and Carey Jones. If you head over there, beware, it is full of spoiler. There are spoilers like hell, trust me on that one.

Sabres21768

Ok, now I'm confused.

They're saying that the dog handler Pred is the one with the tusks on his mask and the other (with the large mask) is the "falconer".

Is  that right?
I thought it was the other way around.

Doomofman

The one with the tusks is the Falconer, that the crew knicknamed Baltimore...... The dog handler is the one with the sharp angular mask

Sabres21768

Quote from: Doomofman on May 06, 2010, 09:18:44 PM
The one with the tusks is the Falconer, that the crew knicknamed Baltimore...... The dog handler is the one with the sharp angular mask

Not according to STYD and Nicotero:

From their set visit, the say that Jones plays the "dog handler" Pred and that it's the Pred with the tusks.

"We saw Carey Jones decked out as a "Dog Handler" Predator and taking photos for various reference stills. As he posed, the most notable feature on the costume was the large tusks on the mask. "

This seems to be supported by Nicotero's quote from the same visit:

"So this (pointing to Jones) is one of our three super Predators. Each one of them has a different personality and a different function. So this is our dog handler Predator. There are these alien hunting dogs that they use to flush out our heroes and track them. So this guy, you can notice the armor on his legs and the armor on his arms is there because the dogs have these big horns and spikes. So it's sort of protective mode as well."

Doomofman

Go watch the trailer.... Birdface is the dog handler... Means Tusks has to be the falconer

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed