400-500 visual effects shots in the movie

Started by Pvt. Hicks, Jul 01, 2007, 03:12:48 AM

Author
400-500 visual effects shots in the movie (Read 2,012 times)

Uncanny Antman

Seems an okay number. 

Fairly low compared to most films of this ilk nowadays, but that just means they did more in-camera stuff, which is what we all seem to be hoping for.  The more done live the better...in theory.  :)

Pvt. Hicks

Very true Uncanny Antman, they said they did as much stuff as in-camera as possible. Couple that with the fact that there are at least 400 vfx shots.

Trioxide

Same as AvP

SiL

Doesn't really mean anything to me. That can be anything from an Alien tongue to the whole town in CGI.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SiL on Jul 01, 2007, 04:11:36 AM
Doesn't really mean anything to me. That can be anything from an Alien tongue to the whole town in CGI.

Yeah, it depends how you define a "visual effects shot". A certain Tom Hanks film had tons of them, but it wasn't famous for being CGI-intensive, specifically because they were things meant to be in the background and just set the scene.

Predalienslayer

I hate imdb. I've registered three separate times, and I can't get in. And now I've had it with imdb.

Aside from providing the link, can't you also copy text into a quote?

Highland

its good if you want to speak to people that just escaped from the mental hospital, or see if an Alien can take an elephant?....... ::) :D

YutaniDitch

Just as a comparison, I leave you a site with the latest big FX movies with the amount of shots per movie...

http://www.digitalcontentproducer.com/mag/seven_films_effects_stats/index.html

Draw your own conclusions there, guys...  ;)

slipknotpredator

400-500 is fine then, all those movies have heavy effects, we don´t need too much effects, remember it´s in earth in a small town...so the only effects you will see are the predator ship, some shoots of the alien and others of the predator, maybe jumping...then some little explosions and thats it

sothur

This is a good number considering the budget and the setting.

SMJ

Quote from: highlandpred on Jul 01, 2007, 05:52:50 PM
its good if you want to speak to people that just escaped from the mental hospital, or see if an Alien can take an elephant?....... ::) :D

:D  ;D  :D  ;D

Darkoo

What do you think? Will we see more than 400-500 VFX shots in the movie? We know, Colin and Greg are doing new stuff, so...

jimmylace

we may see more than that now, but not alot more. this isnt going to be an effects movie as we all know.....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed