Just Talk.

Started by Amaterasu, Aug 22, 2013, 02:02:12 AM

Author
Just Talk. (Read 620,311 times)

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Huggs on Aug 19, 2019, 12:37:42 AM
Voodoo Magic is my hero. He is the wind beneath my wings.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Aug 26, 2019, 07:47:18 PM
I keep telling myself I'm gonna get started on that transcription . . .

And then I say I'll get started later . . .

I will work on it, Hicks, don't kick me off that interview just yet.

No rush, Rabbit. Did you download the YouTube captions as a starting point?

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 27, 2019, 07:23:22 AM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Aug 26, 2019, 07:47:18 PM
I keep telling myself I'm gonna get started on that transcription . . .

And then I say I'll get started later . . .

I will work on it, Hicks, don't kick me off that interview just yet.

No rush, Rabbit. Did you download the YouTube captions as a starting point?

I didn't even know you could do that.

My plan was to write it down like a pre-recorded dictation. Sounds tedious but it's no different to writing notes for school, except I can rewind to make sure I heard something correctly.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Let me double check with D about pulling them off. I can't remember how to do it.

Samhain13

Samhain13

To actually download the caption file I think only the account that uploaded the video can do it since you do that through the subtitle edit section.

But anyone can copy and paste the text from youtube by clicking on the 3 points under the video(the ones to the far right of like/dislike), then the second option: Open transcript.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Wrote out the first four minutes.

Listening to Kash is fun, but trying to write down his thoughts is a little like herding cats.

His brain can go off on seven thousand different tangents at once, while mine can only focus on one at a time.

By the way, the YouTube captions aren't all that helpful.

Spunkmeyer is "spoon fire" now.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yeah, YouTube captions tend to be pretty crap.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 27, 2019, 11:07:27 PM

For this, I'm still keeping them on for comparisons to what I'm hearing. This is a surprising amount of fun.

I'm just praying Rolston doesn't go off on a thousand thoughts at once when we get to that. I'd be too scared to ask if he could slow down and go back to something I was interested in.

Regardless, if and when I meet Daniel Kash, I will be extra pleasant.

Huggs

Huggs

Some guy fell asleep at the wheel and crashed out in the road.

He went right between a telephone pole and the guard rail and into a ditch. A guy who was working the scene said he really threaded the needle. If his truck would've been full size or if it would've been just a few inches further in either direction he'd be dead. Lucky b@$t@rd. Fate isn't always such a good driver.

Nobody else was hurt either, so I'd say it was the best outcome all around.

Samhain13

Samhain13

So I had this dream which Ridley showed that Predators would be part of his next alien movie. I ended waking up in laughter while imagining the prequel fans reaction towards that.

Huggs

Huggs

That would nearly be a step in a better direction.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Aug 27, 2019, 11:43:06 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 27, 2019, 11:07:27 PM

For this, I'm still keeping them on for comparisons to what I'm hearing. This is a surprising amount of fun.

I'm just praying Rolston doesn't go off on a thousand thoughts at once when we get to that. I'd be too scared to ask if he could slow down and go back to something I was interested in.

Regardless, if and when I meet Daniel Kash, I will be extra pleasant.

Just remember it doesn't need to be verbatim! No need to do all the uhms, ahhs, repeated words and etc. Should save you some time.

I'm glad you're enjoying though! I transcribed the Trevor Steedman one, and some of the game studio interviews and never liked it.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 29, 2019, 08:01:00 AM
Just remember it doesn't need to be verbatim! No need to do all the uhms, ahhs, repeated words and etc. Should save you some time.

Well, there goes half of Kash's dialogue, then . . .

I kid. Don't tell him I said that.

Huggs

Huggs

Spider on my pillow.

I terminated the villain with extreme prejudice.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The life of a spider is a constant struggle. You have to survive human activity and at the same time prey on other spiders to prove who is the boss. Below, Scytodes globula, aka tiger spider (long limbs), vs Loxosceles laeta, aka violin spider (the brown one).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed