Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Alexx on May 09, 2012, 07:58:15 PM
Well if this movie bugs people so much than you can always go see
Spoiler
MADAGASCAR 3  ::)
[close]
maybe that's more your cup of tea. :P

People are entitled to their opinions.  We're obviously all here because we're all looking forward to the same film.

Some people think Prometheus is going to be absolutely amazing and wouldn't change a single thing even if they could.

Some people think it's going to be potentially epic but they're concerned about a few smaller elements that might not affect the story but can prove to be distracting.  That's me.  I'm really excited to see it but I would be lying if I said there wasn't something that I'm unsure of at this stage.

Anyway, I can't wait to see how it all turns out.  At the end of the day, we ALL want the film to do well and be amazing.

szkoki

szkoki

that scream at the end still gives me the boner.... im hoping for a rape scene  ??? :o ;D

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Vickers on May 09, 2012, 08:34:26 PM
Spoiler
[close]

People are entitled to their opinions.  We're obviously all here because we're all looking forward to the same film.

Some people think Prometheus is going to be absolutely amazing and wouldn't change a single thing even if they could.

Some people think it's going to be potentially epic but they're concerned about a few smaller elements that might not affect the story but can prove to be distracting.  That's me.  I'm really excited to see it but I would be lying if I said there wasn't something that I'm unsure of at this stage.

Anyway, I can't wait to see how it all turns out.  At the end of the day, we ALL want the film to do well and be amazing.

I agree...

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Alexx on May 09, 2012, 08:54:44 PM
Spoiler
[close]

I agree...

when i was reading the book Alien or i was watching the movie...whatever....for me the most exciting part was always the derelict part, sometimes i only watch/read that part still today....and well...now i can see a full movie about exploring a ship like that , dream come true

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I wonder how much will a trillion dollars be worth in a hundred years time?

D-13

D-13

Quote from: 180924609 on May 09, 2012, 10:59:26 AM
Quote from: Alienhunter15 on May 09, 2012, 10:36:07 AM

That scene still looks laughably bad though.

You cant polish a turd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiJ9fy1qSFI#

...just saying.

And I belive the jockey pictures is simply from two diffrent point in time.
1. When "Starmap"  is deactivated 2. When it get activated and color the scene blueish.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Spoiler
[close]

Hell, I agree with all your saying.  Some shots I definitely liked pre-special effects, and others look even better.  The RT01 driving back to the Prometheus looks cool with the planet, but I liked the brighter and more visually appealing look of before.  As important as it is to praise Ridley Scott, we must also state our own opinions, and not just worship a film none of us knows how will play out.

r888

r888

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Alienhunter15 on May 09, 2012, 10:36:07 AM

I hope the top image is just promotional and not the real deal.  I mean, I don't complain much about CGI as I'm a fan of it most of the time, but this new image just looks soooo lame.  The original (bottom) image isn't perfect either, but it's still so much better hands down!

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

First the image was shit....dodgy...now, because it's finished it's too much CGI? Really? Really? Comparatively the CG is almost absent when viewing the star wars prequels and the rest of the summer fair. I'm all for opinions....and frankly I've seen two clips featuring Noomi's acting that give me good pause and some of the writing that doesn't measure up to my hopes....but they are not even important concerns and do more to balance my expectations then anything.

What I continue to read in these other critical comments aren't just concerns, it's people seemingly writing the entire team behind Prometheus off because, in their mind, it doesn't fall in line with THEIR vision of what they want this film to be. That's wholly unfair to me.

Eva

Eva

Don't mind the enhancements... that is, except for the shot with 'PROMETHEUS' all over the ships hull in huge letters. That looks bad...  :-\

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 10, 2012, 12:11:15 PM
First the image was shit....dodgy...now, because it's finished it's too much CGI? Really? Really? Comparatively the CG is almost absent when viewing the star wars prequels and the rest of the summer fair. I'm all for opinions....and frankly I've seen two clips featuring Noomi's acting that give me good pause and some of the writing that doesn't measure up to my hopes....but they are not even important concerns and do more to balance my expectations then anything.

What I continue to read in these other critical comments aren't just concerns, it's people seemingly writing the entire team behind Prometheus off because, in their mind, it doesn't fall in line with THEIR vision of what they want this film to be. That's wholly unfair to me.

The original image wasn't perfect but it was still dark, moody and the colour grading still had an Alien feel to it.  This new image is way too sharp, the colour grading is all wrong and almost cartoon like.  I'd be very suprised if it ends up exactly like that in the movie, obviously they've tried to match the Jockey with the hologram and gone over-board.  If you think the CG is fine that's your problem, I'm just talking about one shot anyway, but we're all entitled to our opinions here so back off!!

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Eva on May 10, 2012, 12:25:07 PM
Don't mind the enhancements... that is, except for the shot with 'PROMETHEUS' all over the ships hull in huge letters. That looks bad...  :-\

Eva, your new sig made me almost spit my tea out!!!  I can't wait to see what Cvalda has to say. ;)

scarhunter92

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Vickers on May 10, 2012, 12:54:40 PM
Eva, your new sig made me almost spit my tea out!!!  I can't wait to see what Cvalda has to say. ;)

Thanx.. I doubt she'll notice the discrete change though...
Spoiler
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
[close]

Love your new set btw  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed