are they treating AvP as canon?

Started by Discovery One, Aug 04, 2011, 04:06:57 PM

Author
are they treating AvP as canon? (Read 45,426 times)

Snowdog

Snowdog

I see AvP as a complete different franchise. If i would compare it to the alien movies i would just make myself sad. Not even talking about the NON mechanical look of the aliens (fleshy). The story i oke but not for a movie that is canon in the alien universe (wich it isn't). AvP is a stand alone franchise and has nothing to do with the alien movies or prometheus. i see the AvP movies as comic books on the big screen.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

The AVP'S are pure shit and non-canon. The guys who made Predators pretty much made it fact.

I'm sure Riddles thinks the same but wont say it outright. AVP will be rebooted soon anyway.

m138jewski

m138jewski

Quote from: Spaghetti on Aug 04, 2011, 10:33:26 PM
AVP will be rebooted soon anyway.
god I hope not

Scree

Scree

Ridley Scott better not mess with AVP's storyline. I'm hoping for AVP3 if Prometheus turns out to be a financial success for FOX.

ThisBethesdaSea

This began with that F*king skull as featured in Predator 2. That's what started this awful mess, this fanboy pandering. Sigh....oh well. It's over.

By the way....FOX has ZERO plans of rebooting the AvP films. At least, that's what I was told from a friend who works in their offices in L.A. But, who knows. They could always change their collective fukked up minds.

chupacabras acheronsis

The AVP'S are pure shit and non-canon. The guys who made Predators pretty much made it fact.

I'm sure Riddles thinks the same but wont say it outright. AVP will be rebooted soon anyway.

a man can dream.

also, in the absolute creative drought that hollywood suffers lately and in this economical situation they aren't going to stop milking their cash cows until they are dry. people went to see AVP and AVP-R, and they made enough money back. eventually they will go "what if we try this again?". let's just hope next time they, well, TRY.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Scott is directing the movie. I doubt he is going to have this movie be link up to the last two AVP films.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Aug 05, 2011, 03:31:23 AM
Scott is directing the movie. I doubt he is going to have this movie be link up to the last two AVP films.

he wouldn't even if he did it would be brief.

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: m138jewski on Aug 04, 2011, 10:40:25 PM
god I hope not

QFT.
I hope they treat 'AvP' as Cannon...and using said cannon, fire those two abominations into the heart of the sun.

Stans

Stans

Prometheus is in the future, avps in present, if Prometheus is about the origen of the aliens, the first alien egg, proto facehuggers, proto aliens it can discard completely the two avps, i like avpr but if prometheus can clean the shit that avp made with the aliens i can accept that avpr is non cannon too.

predxeno

predxeno

I imagine that Ridley would do as many other directors of this franchise have already done; ignore the AVP movies.  But, that isn't to say that I don't think referencing the AVP movies would be a bad idea.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I treat AVP like canon 'fodder'.

Alien and Predator are seperate.

Who in thier right mind would believe Scott would connect Prometheus to AvP? That's like Mel Gibson falling in love with a Jewish girl.

AvP3, no f**kin way!

If they do a reboot, well...

I believe there is favortism written all over the AvP films. AvP was in the hands of an Alien fan. AvP-R was in the hands of two predator fans. See where I'm getting at? That non sense has to end.

"Whoever wins we lose" is a recipe for constipation that comes from the mind.

Maybe if they focus on the human characters and not so much the point of view of the creatures they might actually pull off a decent AvP.

Infected

Infected

AVP concept is pure awesomeness but the product was terrible very very terrible.
If they wanted to be succesful they should have gotten a big budget a big director/producer and as little as possible green screen cgi do it like the good old days real sets real suits and aliens.

m138jewski

m138jewski

Quote from: Glaive on Aug 05, 2011, 09:18:04 AM
Quote from: m138jewski on Aug 04, 2011, 10:40:25 PM
god I hope not

QFT.
I hope they treat 'AvP' as Cannon...and using said cannon, fire those two abominations into the heart of the sun.

YOU DO MUTILATE?

i would be up for watching a space jockey forcing two predators upon each other

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed