Started by MudButt, Apr 18, 2024, 02:19:30 PM

Author
Aliens vs Avengers (Read 3,962 times)

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Oh, mustelid god, no.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: EW"Probably one of the coolest things about the project is how we've found really fun ways to 'Avengerize' Aliens and 'alien-up' Avengers," Hickman says. "I think fans will be surprised at how elegantly some of those things fit together. It really turned out to be a chocolate-and-peanut-butter situation."

The brief plot synopsis for the crossover says, "It's all led to this: Xenomorphs reach Earth! The perfect organism meets a planet of superhumans. Who will be first to fall?"

That means this comic will show something that has never been seen in a proper Alien film. In fact, stopping the Xenomorphs from reaching Earth has been treated as so sacrosanct that it's the motivation behind the protagonists' climactic actions in Alien, Alien³, and Prometheus, to name a few. But this series is set a little into the future, outside the typical continuity for either Alien or Avengers stories, which gives some room to play.

The first issue of Aliens vs. Avengers will hit stores July 24, just ahead of the Aug. 16 theatrical release of Alien: Romulus.

https://twitter.com/EW/status/1780945910270202170

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

I'd add more, but I think Steve Carell can say it better than I can.

Now,if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go play Animal Crossing and cry myself to sleep.

bobby brown

bobby brown

ew.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Gross.

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

Okay, as Marvel's superhero comics reader I can say that Jonathan Hickman is the best and most renowed writer we got for Aliens or Predator comics so far. He was capable of creating epic saga with monumental story with his Avengers run, interesting fresh beggining with tone of new ideas for X-men, and more personal stories, just as with his ongoing Ultimate Spider-Man. So guy is a total powerhouse and I can't wait to see what he is preparing for us. That said, I think that Aliens or Predator crossovers work the best with more grounded Heroes, so Xenos going head to head with Avengers... I Don't know, it will be total insanity with superpowered Xenos or something. Not that it's a bad thing. An  over the top, ridiculus fun can be entertaining. Anyway, I trust that Hickman Has something interesting in store for us. But man, when we'll get AvP comics from Marvel? I can't belive we are getting Avengers crossover before a Predator one .

SiL

SiL

I don't get the problem.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Yeah I'm not bothered by the synopsis, really. That's about what I'd expect from a crossover like this. It's a dumb fun "what if" scenario, not to be taken seriously.

Quote from: jacobo1122 on Apr 18, 2024, 08:29:40 PMBut man, when we'll get AvP comics from Marvel?

I'm kind of ok with them working up to it. Maybe make it feel like a big event that's been built up to.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: SiL on Apr 18, 2024, 08:32:56 PMI don't get the problem.

Really? 'Cause I do!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

I never take comics seriously. I see them as sandbox parodies of the source material, or as a "what if" narrative as already noted above.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Some more details according to CBR and Marvel...

It's going to be in an AU where its going to be many years in the future and the Avenger characters are going to be older. And we might see an Engineer planet too.

https://www.cbr.com/aliens-vs-avengers-marvel/
https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/aliens-vs-avengers-jonathan-hickman-esad-ribic

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

I just find this whole concept offensive. What's next? Aliens vs. Buzz f**king Lightyear?

MudButt

MudButt

Eh, seems harmless. I'll probably check it out. Comics are wild.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Apr 18, 2024, 09:06:29 PMI just find this whole concept offensive. What's next? Aliens vs. Buzz f**king Lightyear?
If it was, so what?

We had Aliens vs Predator vs Batman vs Superman. We had Predator vs Archie - twice. We had Deadliest of the Species.

How is this somehow a remarkable problem?

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed