What do you want to see in Romulus?

Started by littlesprout, Jan 07, 2023, 11:15:22 PM

Author
What do you want to see in Romulus? (Read 43,112 times)

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Eal on Apr 05, 2024, 02:08:33 AMIn-universe conjecture in the movies?

No, the RPG.

It's canon for the moment!

E. Shaw

Quote from: Komenja on Apr 04, 2024, 09:08:30 PMIf Romulus has a Queen, I will shit bricks of solid unobtanium.

Same here!

xShadowFoxX

I don't know why.. but now I want to see an army of Aliens being led by David himself.

Slutty Badger

I still want to see David in a JCB Fastrac.

Wweyland

Want to see practical effects and non-stupid characters.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Wweyland on Apr 14, 2024, 08:56:25 AMWant to see practical effects and non-stupid characters.

A good, intense movie.

David Weyland

A movie so good that it unites the fan base and nobody ever has to post to argue or speculate on the forum ever again

Slutty Badger

Quote from: David Weyland on Apr 15, 2024, 06:50:52 AMA movie so good that it unites the fan base and nobody ever has to post to argue or speculate on the forum ever again

I think it's fair to say that there is a LOT riding on Romulus. A WHOLE LOT.

BigDaddyJohn

Where would be the fun if we unite ?

PsyKore

My fear is the film will give everything fans want but ultimately will be nothing new. Its characters and story will need to stand pretty strong on its own merits so it doesn't fall into the "ho-hum" category. I mean, I'm not expecting it to rival the Oscar caliber of the first two movies, but I think it's definitely gotta bring something pretty strong to the table.

BigDaddyJohn

New doesn't always mean good. But from what I read and heard, there's definitely "new" stuff here.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: PsyKore on Apr 19, 2024, 09:10:32 AMMy fear is the film will give everything fans want but ultimately will be nothing new. Its characters and story will need to stand pretty strong on its own merits so it doesn't fall into the "ho-hum" category. I mean, I'm not expecting it to rival the Oscar caliber of the first two movies, but I think it's definitely gotta bring something pretty strong to the table.

Whilst I agree, I think one of the reasons the franchise stumbled was because of the obsession to provide something new. I think a back to basics approach will work for Romulus but it is certainly a one shot deal. If Romulus does well where do they go from here for future theatrical releases?

But I totally see where you are coming from. Even though I marvel at the production design of what we have seen so far, I keep thinking of why Renny Harlin walked away from Alien 3 because it was all a rehash of guns, corridors and bulkheads.

SiL

SiL

As said I'm predicting it'll be the Prey of the franchise.

BigDaddyJohn

So it'll be overall good, but kinda forgettable ?

426Buddy

Or it'll be a hit and the reactions will be overall very positive. However some will hate it and others will find it meh.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed