The Strangers

Started by Corporal Harrison, Aug 18, 2008, 10:59:33 AM

Author
The Strangers (Read 2,327 times)

Corporal Harrison

Corporal Harrison

So it's at theatres now, and i liked it. It's a good suspense film, less slashing more scaring.
Has anyone else seen it?
7.5/10

Undeadite

Undeadite

Yeah, I thought it was lame. 5/10

Scarface Predator

Scarface Predator

Quote from: Undeadite on Aug 18, 2008, 03:38:43 PM
Yeah, I thought it was lame. 5/10

Undeadite

Undeadite

Way to be original, scarface lol. I would have liked it more had I not been able to predict everything about it in the first five minutes.

Scarface Predator

Scarface Predator

Quote from: Undeadite on Aug 18, 2008, 06:20:29 PM
Way to be original, scarface lol. I would have liked it more had I not been able to predict everything about it in the first five minutes.
Its wrong to agree with someone here? Ok, I am sorry I didn't type anything I am lazy. The movie itself was lame.

Horrible acting
Mediocre dialogue
Halloween rip off
Too predictable

B-Rad G

B-Rad G

Are you sure this movie was not a comdie? It was funny as hell due to the bad dialogue.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Quote from: Scarface Predator on Aug 18, 2008, 07:14:45 PM
Its wrong to agree with someone here? Ok, I am sorry I didn't type anything I am lazy. The movie itself was lame.

Horrible acting
Mediocre dialogue
Halloween rip off
Too predictable

Lol, I was kidding. Feel free to quote me as much as you like.  :D

Scarface Predator

Scarface Predator

Quote from: Undeadite on Aug 18, 2008, 09:05:56 PM
Quote from: Scarface Predator on Aug 18, 2008, 07:14:45 PM

Horrible acting
Mediocre dialogue
Halloween rip off
Too predictable

Lol, I was kidding. Feel free to quote me as much as you like.  :D
I am not trying to piss you or anything, but I wanted express my opinion on this conservation.  ;)

Corporal Harrison

Corporal Harrison

i enjoy horror movies that are more real, like the strangers.
Nightmare on Elm Street and Hellraiser, the grudge, the ring etc. i find them lame because they are just stupid. But when you get a movie that could very well happen and was inspired by true events the movie feels creepier and fun.
As for predictable, i can't think of one horror movie that i couldnt predict most of the movie, and i've seen a lot of horror films.
I found the acting fine, and a halloween rip off? why? because they wear white masks over their faces, so? other than a very roughly similar mask nothing in this film resembles halloween, the killers were very much human, their were 3 killers, the main characters died, most of the film was banging on doors etc.
if you going to resemble it to a film, use 'vacancy' instead.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Quote from: Corporal Harrison on Aug 19, 2008, 06:15:25 AM
Nightmare on Elm Street and Hellraiser, the grudge, the ring etc. i find them lame because they are just stupid. But when you get a movie that could very well happen and was inspired by true events the movie feels creepier and fun.
As for predictable, i can't think of one horror movie that i couldnt predict most of the movie, and i've seen a lot of horror films.
I found the acting fine, and a halloween rip off? why? because they wear white masks over their faces, so? other than a very roughly similar mask nothing in this film resembles halloween, the killers were very much human, their were 3 killers, the main characters died, most of the film was banging on doors etc.
if you going to resemble it to a film, use 'vacancy' instead.

Inspired doesnt mean shit. I could be looking at a potted plant and be inspired about a movie about a rain forest. Any movie can say they are based on true events, just look at the blair witch project.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

The Strangers was a huge let down.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Corporal Harrison on Aug 19, 2008, 06:15:25 AM
Nightmare on Elm Street and Hellraiser, the grudge, the ring etc. i find them lame because they are just stupid.

Actually... Nightmare on Elm Street... Based on a true story... Sorta...

Undeadite

Undeadite

Sort of, yeah. I think Craven has expanded the true story more and more every time he talks about it.

scarface

scarface

How?

Undeadite

Undeadite

Its just that every time I see an interview with him and he tells it, he expands it a little more and more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed