Size

Started by Ronoc, Nov 09, 2019, 02:59:18 PM

Author
Size (Read 3,792 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I don't see an issue with the size varying it does in Monolith's AVP, AVP Extinction, AVP 2010 and AVP Evolution. Alien The RPG lists the Covenant Alien at 2.7m tall, the 1979 Alien adult at 2.4m tall, the Aliens Queen at 6m tall and the Alien³ adult at 2.1m tall.

SM

SM

Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 11, 2019, 01:47:05 AM
Quote from: SM on Nov 11, 2019, 12:11:22 AM
QuoteALIEN3 Runner was described as being larger than previous specimens.

Is it?
Didn't Ripley say, in addition to moving differently, this one was larger than the others? I'm sure there was some dialogue there with the prisoners.

She says it moves differently.

She relates to Andrews that Aliens are 8 feet tall (prior to seeing the Fiorina one).

The Old One

The Old One

Yes, that true.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

But, does size really matter? I thought the most important thing is how you use it. How do you use the Alien in a movie I mean.

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Nov 10, 2019, 03:39:06 PM
According to Xenopedia seeing as I don't have a source book readily available;
Big chap: 7 ft 2 (Google corresponds the height with Bolaji Badejo)

Well Ian Whyte is 7 ft 1. So, I guess Big Chap is about the size of an Engineer (and a Predator), plus about the size of the Space Jockey arm.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 10, 2019, 09:28:22 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Nov 10, 2019, 04:15:53 PM
Given their size I always found it suprising they could travel through ventilation systems so well. Especially with those big backpipes from the first two films.
The dorsal tubes are flexible. I imagine they could fold down behind it when entering a confined space. The Alien that snatched Newt has floppy back tubes, then there's the Covenant Alien that climbs down the ladder tube.

In my head, they pivot in a joint on the back of the creature, rather than being floppy.

Even if the movies disagree.

SM

SM

They're also bendy in the airducts in Aliens.

And I won't mention a particular shot in Resurrection because you'll never be able to unsee it.

Were you so inclined to see it in the first place.

SiL

SiL

Resurrection was supposed to have animated, wiggly back tubes. They made the mechanisms and screen tested them and everything.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Flexible dorsal tubes appear to be useful for moving in the hive.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SM on Nov 11, 2019, 07:53:13 AM
They're also bendy in the airducts in Aliens.

And I won't mention a particular shot in Resurrection because you'll never be able to unsee it.

Were you so inclined to see it in the first place.

Covenant is by far the worst offender, but yeah.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SiL on Nov 11, 2019, 08:08:49 AM
Resurrection was supposed to have animated, wiggly back tubes. They made the mechanisms and screen tested them and everything.

Indeed. :laugh:

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 11, 2019, 08:54:43 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/S2wCG2wt9fETvusBuQ/giphy.gif

Immortan Jonesy

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 11, 2019, 08:54:43 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/S2wCG2wt9fETvusBuQ/giphy.gif

My God, I love this  :o

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Nov 11, 2019, 02:01:58 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Nov 11, 2019, 01:47:05 AM
Quote from: SM on Nov 11, 2019, 12:11:22 AM
QuoteALIEN3 Runner was described as being larger than previous specimens.

Is it?
Didn't Ripley say, in addition to moving differently, this one was larger than the others? I'm sure there was some dialogue there with the prisoners.

She says it moves differently.

She relates to Andrews that Aliens are 8 feet tall (prior to seeing the Fiorina one).

Here's a direct quote from the Alien 3 novelization:

QuoteShe looked thoughtful. 'I haven't seen one exactly like this before. It's bigger, its legs are different. The other ones were afraid of fire, or at least respectful of it. Not much else.'

razeak

razeak

Im hndecided on that gif. Yikes in one thought, cool in the next.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed