Recent posts

AvP Galaxy News / Re: What Is Canon & Should We ...
Last post by SiL - Today at 09:16:55 PM
Quote from: dnicholson277 on Today at 08:25:31 PMIf it wasn't Sir Ridders the fandom would be going crazy over the changes.
Not really. It gets about the same ire as AvP's microwave Aliens get.
Last post by GreybackElder - Today at 09:11:43 PM
Great episode! I also, loved the inclusion of Alex White. The Cold Forge and Into Charybdis are my favorite alien novels.

There are so many points mentioned here that resonated with me. The most true statement(forgive me im paraphrasing)was cannon doesn't matter to you unless it goes against your held views or goes against what you believe to be true.

That's got to be why I disliked the direction of covenant. To me Alien has always been a horror born in the deepest darkest recesses of space.  NOT something created by Engineers(or David) for that matter. Turning the Alien into a tool seems to pull back the curtain too much and make it less mysterious and frightening.

As far as cannon goes, I hold the Alien films, book and comics, and AVP as different cannons, but hey that's just me.
Bring it on. 8)  I've been known to love massive, indulgent epics that piss a lot of people off (looking at you, Babylon).

Everything I'm hearing sounds very much to my liking so far.
Last post by Slutty Badger - Today at 08:53:14 PM
Quote from: dnicholson277 on Today at 08:25:31 PMIf it wasn't Sir Ridders the fandom would be going crazy over the changes.

But it is, so we aren't.
Quote from: DarthJoker45 on Today at 06:36:32 PMhttps://twitter.com/IGN/status/1791140591989899415

This like laughably bad looking lol

Which is disappointing, but also just seems par for the course. 
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 08:30:21 PM
I think those changes piss people off regardless of whether it was Ridley's idea or not.
That all being said, it does seem like the knife is twisted more when the guy that was at least partly responsible for how good Alien is, managed to screw the lore even worse than AVP ever did.
Last post by dnicholson277 - Today at 08:25:31 PM
Quote from: SiL on Yesterday at 09:09:45 PM
Quote from: Slutty Badger on Yesterday at 08:49:10 PM
Quote from: dnicholson277 on Yesterday at 08:05:12 PMbut people make excuses.

Praetomorph life cycle is faster than the regular Xeno, deal with it.
Those distinctions don't exist in the movies, deal with it.

If it wasn't Sir Ridders the fandom would be going crazy over the changes.
I am playing a wait-and-see approach. I don't know how you can make a whole shared continuity around just one character. It would be better if they advertised exploring the legends of Crystal Lake itself to flesh out the setting itself more. However, I will have to reserver judgement.
Yeah, and still no movies...
On the other hand, I fear season 2 will come out in a looong time.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed