F (Guillermo del Toro's Frankenstein)

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 15, 2023, 04:46:53 PM

Author
F (Guillermo del Toro's Frankenstein) (Read 3,396 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Christoph Waltz has joined the cast!

Quote"I'm doing Frankenstein. We're working on it. We start shooting in February, and it's a movie I have been wanting to do for 50 years since I saw the first Frankenstein. I had an epiphany, and it's basically a movie that required a lot of growth and a lot of tools that I couldn't have done 10 years ago. Now I'm brave or crazy enough or something, and we're gonna tackle it. It's Oscar Isaac, Andrew Garfield, Christoph Waltz, Mia Goth, and we're working on it."

https://collider.com/guillermo-del-toro-frankenstein-christoph-waltz-cast/

KiramidHead

That's a bingo.

nanison

nanison

He is going to be dr frankenstein right?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I'd imagine that either Isaac or Garfield will be Dr. Frankenstein, with the other one playing the Monster.

My money is on Isaac as the doctor, Garfield the Monster.

KiramidHead

One of the blurbs I read mentioned Pretorius, I think Waltz will be playing that role.

Now, how Del Toro can use a Universal original character without legal trouble, I have no idea.

Nightmare Asylum

Maybe not Pretorius himself, but some stand in for the character?

Intetesting, if this does end up being the case. I certainly wouldn't have expected that character to be in the particular adaptation, given that the book is more so what del Toro is adapting here – though I know he does love Whale's films as well.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

https://twitter.com/whatonnetflix/status/1715437502842994919

If this is true, then I guess Garfield and Isaac are playing the opposite of who I expected them to be.

There's also a very interesting/surprising logline in the link:

"Set in Easter[n] Europe in the 19th Century, the story of Dr. Pretorious, who needs to track down Frankenstein's monster- who is believed to have died in a fire forty years before–in order to continue the experiments of Dr. Frankenstein"

This meshes with what Kiramid said above... Shocked to see Pretorious here (again, if this is true), given A.) That this isn't a Universal production and B.) That del Toro is seemingly primarily drawing from the novel, based on everything he's said over the years. Also interesting that Pretorius seems to be the POV character, with the novel's core events seemingly having already happened.

Very, very curious to see what this ends up being.

Stitch

Stitch

Garfield as the doctor is a casting I can get behind.

BringbackJonesy!

Although I'm sure Del Toro's 'Frankenstein' will be pretty great, I wasn't enthused at the notion of either Andrew Garfield or Oscar Isaac getting the monster role.  I'd much prefer the likes of Doug Jones or a relative unknown to get that part rather than being distracted by a more well-known actor in the role.

But either way, the thing that makes the Bernie Wrightson version look so creepy in the artwork is his imposing size....and Oscar Isaac isn't really a big fellah, sadly.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Oct 22, 2023, 05:16:12 PMhttps://twitter.com/whatonnetflix/status/1715437502842994919

If this is true, then I guess Garfield and Isaac are playing the opposite of who I expected them to be.

There's also a very interesting/surprising logline in the link:

"Set in Easter[n] Europe in the 19th Century, the story of Dr. Pretorious, who needs to track down Frankenstein's monster- who is believed to have died in a fire forty years before–in order to continue the experiments of Dr. Frankenstein"

This meshes with what Kiramid said above... Shocked to see Pretorious here (again, if this is true), given A.) That this isn't a Universal production and B.) That del Toro is seemingly primarily drawing from the novel, based on everything he's said over the years. Also interesting that Pretorius seems to be the POV character, with the novel's core events seemingly having already happened.

Very, very curious to see what this ends up being.

I recall Del Toro saying it wouldn't be an origin story years ago, so I pretty much expected that.

Nightmare Asylum

Intetesting, must have missed that interview.

I really can't wait for this.

KiramidHead

It was a long time ago at this point, pre-Pacific Rim. I wrote a Frankenstein sequel fan fic after reading that comment.  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Hey, to be fair, pre-Pacific Rim is still many years into this project's life cycle. ;)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

KiramidHead

Yank his nose up with fishing line like Lon Chaney in Phantom of the Opera.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed