AVP- Write your own setpiece ideas!

Started by jimmylace, Sep 15, 2007, 02:09:20 AM

Author
AVP- Write your own setpiece ideas! (Read 2,598 times)

jimmylace

jimmylace

I thought this would be a cool way for people to describe ideally what they would want to see from their dream AvP movie; for those that want to express ideas without writing whole scripts :)
Of course your posts can be as long or as short as they want to be, and you can take your ideas from wherever. For the sake of this thread, no AvP movie has ever been made (if you want.)

------------------------------------------
Anyway here goes mine:

The future. Male protagonist working for the military with a shady past. His superiors have developed a way to impregnate people with chestbursters via an airborne biological weapon. He's infected at the start of the movie, along with many others. He doesn't know what's growing inside him- these guys are like suicide bombers and the military are able to control the incubation time.

Exploring unchartered space. Despite the unknown insider sabotage, it's a pretty routine mission...however they're nearing the Predator homeplanet. No-one realises this. The Predators are able to detect the presence of Aliens with their superior technology. The Predators are scouters, and are always looking for more Aliens to hunt. Today's their lucky day.

A fleet of Predator ships engage the military vessel in a space dogfight. They virtually destroy the ship, board it and kill everyone who isn't infected with the alien "virus."

The humans are caught and taken to the Predator homeplanet. They are led to an arena...a shape-shifting pyramid and the games begin. All of the humans are unaware that they are impregnated but Predators know better.

Soldiers, Predators and Aliens. A battle to the death. The last human survivor will be alleviated from their troublesome chestburster by the Predator race. It's only fair. The last surviving Predator will be held in the highest regard.

But if all the humans are already impregnated, then why would the aliens bother with them?
Food. Fun. Double-chestburster action!

SETPIECE: Lead Predator Vs Facehuggers.

This pyramid is huge. Unlike Anderson's...it's much much bigger. It's also partly a ruin, and there are whole sections that are exposed to the sky too (although, you'd struggle to climb a 100ft wall to get out!)

The predator comes across an Alien nest of eggs. Like the first Alien movie, they are guarded by a strange mist which acts like a trip-wire. Eggs as far as the eye can see. The predator is trapped...but he's not going down without a fight.

He blasts as many eggs as he can, and the camera pans back as TONS of facehuggers begin to hatch and leap toward him.

He begins to run, blasting with his shoulder cannon. He grabs one facehugger by the tail, spins it around and nails it to the hive wall with a shuriken. Even when he's outnumbered the predator is a cocky bastard.

He's roaching with facehuggers, all fighting with each other to claim their victim...the whole ground is literally moving with their bony fingers. He's screwed. He's got no other choice but to cloak.

He stands up against their overwhelming strength. The cloaked predator is still covered in facehuggers...it's an odd sight as this "facehugger-man" begins to unravel.

The huggers are confused. They know somethings not right...but theyre just too dumb to work it out. They encircle the invisible predator, not sure what to do other than wait...and breathe.
It's a really creepy sight, and the pred is seriously cornered by the situation.

Remember the ruined pyramid is exposed to the open sky in places? Well there's just been a crack of thunder...and it's starting to rain. A wall of rain moves quickly toward the predator....the rain falling on the floor of waiting faccehuggers causing them to jitter in surprise like a mexican wave.

The predators cloak begins to fail. He's really screwed now. Just as one smart facehugger's tail becomes taut...waiting to pounce, a group of unfortunate soldiers being chased by aliens bursts through into this hive.

The pred uses the distraction to his advantage and chooses to watch the carnage from a safe height. These soldiers are surrounded by literally HUNDREDS of huggers....firing in all directions, but theyre done for. It's like theyre caught in a swarm of bats with these things jumping everywhere.

The preds taking out as many huggers as he can with his cannons, but theres human collateral damage. Two Alien Queens emerge from the darkness.....

-------------------------------

Now THAT's what I would want to see!

Dane

Dane

Sounds really good. Will there be more? :D Also remeber that Aliens can see Preds even though they are cloaked.

jimmylace

Quote from: Dane on Sep 17, 2007, 11:43:24 PM
Sounds really good. Will there be more? :D Also remeber that Aliens can see Preds even though they are cloaked.

that's pretty much all I got.  ;D

I know that aliens can see cloaked preds, but I was hoping that I could get away with the facehuggers....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed