Full Game Aliens vs. Predator 2 (ALL IN ONE) Edition

Started by x-M-x, Feb 19, 2016, 06:55:20 PM

Author
Full Game Aliens vs. Predator 2 (ALL IN ONE) Edition (Read 201,931 times)

Lucifero

do you want going to play this old video game in 2017?
Are not you practical about pc, and do not know what an iso image is?
Do you want a simple setup  complete with the latest updates single player and multiplayer?
Compatible with the latest operating systems?
Well do not download the aio version!
I'm not here to advertise to anyone , I'm just here to say things like they are.

@xMx You are my friend and I do not want to causen any  flames by posting here the last links made by mr Rommie & Miss Tbbc
but If you no longer intend to deal with this video game and send your site to decomposition you are free to do it , I do not care.
just do not divert new player interested in this old game!
I repeat the concept avp2 aio It is complicated to install and does not include any support for multiplayer (for personal reasons)
Involve people in your personal motives to be wrong!

@avpgalaxyadmin I would like to see this topic closed for love of this old video game!

Corporal Hicks

The avpgalaxy admin is bored of your constant trolling. Good bye.

System Apollo

Quote from: Maskedviper on Aug 03, 2017, 01:36:57 AM
Quote from: x-M-x on Aug 03, 2017, 01:19:57 AM
Quote from: Maskedviper on Aug 03, 2017, 01:07:57 AM
Update: Nothing seems to be working and this issue must be something with the lithtech engine because it carries across all Lithtech games.

Try

http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1422165698

Sometimes the *MFC* issue will go away on it's own.
Here's to hoping it will go away on it's own, I think all communities based around Monolith games have this issue because a Simple google search will Bring up this exact issue on AvP, Nolf, Nolf 2, Blood II, Shogo, etc. I'm hoping it will Go away and I'm checking if it's Gsync or Antivirus related, But it's not looking likely.
If anyone knows anything I'd love a helping hand.

Update: It's not going away, I've tried contacting a few other communities afflicted with this error, If anything happens or if there's a possible fix you guys will be the first to know because I feel like I'm not the first and certainly not the last user on this forum to be hit with this exact error.
Try reinstalling. Also if you are using a new computer it could be that it isn't recognizing AvP2 graphics. Something that similarly happens to Classic AvP. Try reinstalling first before we get into all that.

Maskedviper

Maskedviper

Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 03, 2017, 04:29:27 PM
Quote from: Maskedviper on Aug 03, 2017, 01:36:57 AM
Quote from: x-M-x on Aug 03, 2017, 01:19:57 AM
Quote from: Maskedviper on Aug 03, 2017, 01:07:57 AM
Update: Nothing seems to be working and this issue must be something with the lithtech engine because it carries across all Lithtech games.

Try

http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1422165698

Sometimes the *MFC* issue will go away on it's own.
Here's to hoping it will go away on it's own, I think all communities based around Monolith games have this issue because a Simple google search will Bring up this exact issue on AvP, Nolf, Nolf 2, Blood II, Shogo, etc. I'm hoping it will Go away and I'm checking if it's Gsync or Antivirus related, But it's not looking likely.
If anyone knows anything I'd love a helping hand.

Update: It's not going away, I've tried contacting a few other communities afflicted with this error, If anything happens or if there's a possible fix you guys will be the first to know because I feel like I'm not the first and certainly not the last user on this forum to be hit with this exact error.
Try reinstalling. Also if you are using a new computer it could be that it isn't recognizing AvP2 graphics. Something that similarly happens to Classic AvP. Try reinstalling first before we get into all that.
Okay, Re-downloaded from link, mounted, updated and installed, I'm using an Asus Rog G20 in case that's relevant, and I own and am able to run AvP Classic with ease on steam, Do you, or x-M-x, or really anyone who got it running use G-sync? I read somewhere that Lithtech games wig out when G-sync is on so I'm looking into that, Other than I'm not sure what it could be and I've already disabled Antivirus in case that was it.   

I've got something really interesting here to note, Because this is a Lithtech game I downloaded Nolf revival and I actually got it to work by running it in my Native resolution, Is there any patches to get AvP 2 AIO up to 1920x1080? because I think that would make the game run on my system

KingKenny

Maskedviper,

Exactly when do you get the Client MFC error? When you first start the game, after a cutscene, etc? It's important to establish at the exact moment you get the error. Then you can figure out the root cause better. My little guide here http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1422165698 helps most of the time. But more details will help.

You can adjust the resolution the AvP2 Launcher. For custom resolutions you can modify the autoexec.cfg file in your avp2 directory. I wrote a tutorial about it on my website. I recall there being a patch as well, but its a lot easier to modify a text file. The resolution shouldn't be causing the error message at 1920x1080 or lower resolution by the way. What resolution do you have it set to currently?

Oh and NOLF 1 is on LithTech 2.0, AvP2 is on LithTech Talon and NOLF 2 is on LithTech Jupiter. Usually people who can run NOLF1 can run AvP2 as the engines are very similar.

Maskedviper

Maskedviper

-KingKenny,
The crash happens as soon as I click 'launch' on the launcher, it goes something along the lines of "Clicks launch, launcher asks what graphic pre-set (Low, Med, High), click one of the three, "Client MFC application has stopped working", As for resolution currently I've tried running on the highest reso.the base application  will go,'1280x960x32' but I did modify the autoexec file In an attempt to get it to run 1920x1080, it still crashed with 'MFC' nonetheless, it also crashes on every pre-set graphics level too  :-\, I was able to get Nolf to run by some random stroke of luck (Or an act of god??), meaning I just set my 1920x1080x32 res. (nolf widescreen patch) and presto, it works. I was hoping I could replicate it seeing as how it worked for me in Nolf.

x-M-x

Maskedviper

Quote from: x-M-x on Aug 04, 2017, 08:50:18 AM
For Custom Res check here

http://www.avpunknown.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1272905528

Thank you very much for the tutorial but I'm afraid it crashed again  :-\

System Apollo

@Kenny & M

Do you think Voodoo might help him?

x-M-x

Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 04, 2017, 11:15:55 PM
@Kenny & M

Do you think Voodoo might help him?

Unknown, worth a try ?

KingKenny

Quote from: Maskedviper on Aug 04, 2017, 07:00:04 AM
-KingKenny,
The crash happens as soon as I click 'launch' on the launcher, it goes something along the lines of "Clicks launch, launcher asks what graphic pre-set (Low, Med, High), click one of the three, "Client MFC application has stopped working", As for resolution currently I've tried running on the highest reso.the base application  will go,'1280x960x32' but I did modify the autoexec file In an attempt to get it to run 1920x1080, it still crashed with 'MFC' nonetheless, it also crashes on every pre-set graphics level too  :-\, I was able to get Nolf to run by some random stroke of luck (Or an act of god??), meaning I just set my 1920x1080x32 res. (nolf widescreen patch) and presto, it works. I was hoping I could replicate it seeing as how it worked for me in Nolf.

I don't think it's the resolution. I get the same error with Primal Hunt sometimes. Did you run avp2.exe in compatibility mode? Right click on avp2.exe or the shortcut. Click properties>compatibility tab>check run this program in compatibility mode>pick Windows XP and click ok. Usually this will fix it.

You can also run AvP2.exe and lithtech.exe as administrator. Also make sure nothing is blocking the game from starting up, like security software.

Maskedviper

Maskedviper

Quote from: KingKenny on Aug 05, 2017, 01:41:39 AM
Quote from: Maskedviper on Aug 04, 2017, 07:00:04 AM
-KingKenny,

I don't think it's the resolution. I get the same error with Primal Hunt sometimes. Did you run avp2.exe in compatibility mode? Right click on avp2.exe or the shortcut. Click properties>compatibility tab>check run this program in compatibility mode>pick Windows XP and click ok. Usually this will fix it.

You can also run AvP2.exe and lithtech.exe as administrator. Also make sure nothing is blocking the game from starting up, like security software.
Already running as admin and I have it (game) and the lithtech engine running in windows 98 and admin... I deleted Bytefence and have temporarily turned off Norton... Not sure what else I can do, But if it keeps happening I'll re-download and try the above again, If anything happens I'll post back... Wish me luck I guess.   

Actually I do have something Interesting, I checked my crash log from the Fox folder in program files and I found  details on the start-up error I've  encountered from AvP II, probably (hopefully) linked to 'Client MFC' , Can you guys make sense of any of this? or is this irrelevant?

"lithtech caused an Access Violation in module DINPUT.dll at 0023:65592752.
Exception handler called in main thread.
Error occurred at 8/2/2017 19:18:40.
C:\PROGRA~2\Fox\ALIENS~1.PRE\lithtech.exe, run by Unknown.
4 processor(s), type 586.
256 MBytes physical memory.
Write to location 00002750 caused an access violation."

JP

It is known that this AIO has registry problems when installing which cause the engine to crash. This is probably the case.

Maskedviper

Quote from: JP on Aug 05, 2017, 03:11:03 AM
It is known that this AIO has registry problems when installing which cause the engine to crash. This is probably the case.
Just posted an excerpt from my AvP 2 crashlog above, Maybe that could shed some light?

System Apollo

Try uninstalling it then using a torrent from an alternative source. If it works we can confirm that the AIO might need to be fixed if not then we have to investigate further.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed