Started by Kradan, Feb 05, 2019, 10:28:12 PM

What is better?

The Predator
72 (55%)
AVPR
59 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 131

Author
The Predator VS AVPR (Read 52,813 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 18, 2020, 04:24:20 PM
Quote from: aliens13 on Jul 18, 2020, 04:20:42 PM
I don't think that we NEED one. Let them where they are.

Oh yes, yes we do.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 18, 2020, 04:21:31 PM
I didn't ask for anything AvPR gave us  :laugh:

"It's good for you boy. Eat it."

aliens13

aliens13

A third disappointment? No, thanks. I pass 😂

I think that AvP only works on games and comics (I never read one through), I don't like the concept for a movie.

Huggs

Huggs

Looks like your posts got a bit jumbled there.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 18, 2020, 04:45:33 PM
Looks like your posts got a bit jumbled there.
Just a little bit 😅

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: aliens13 on Jul 18, 2020, 04:11:30 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Jul 18, 2020, 03:58:07 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Jul 18, 2020, 03:49:59 PM
You get what the title promises in AVPR. Aliens fighting a Predator.

In the Predator, all you get is bad jokes. The whole movie is a bad joke.

False advertisement. I'll take a lower budget, less fancy looking movie that gives me what I ask for, over that Home Alone spinoff they tried to pass off as a Predator film anyday.

More like one Predator slaughtering a lot of Aliens  :P
Can we said that AvP is more respectful to the Aliens that AvPR? 🤔

Yes, we can

happypred

happypred

Not saying Requiem is a good movie, but The Predator is just  horrendous...it goes beyond corny or cheap

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Honestly, I'd rather watch The Predator up to the Fugitive's death and stop than watch any of Requiem.

TStyx

TStyx

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 20, 2020, 10:21:32 AM
Honestly, I'd rather watch The Predator up to the Fugitive's death and stop than watch any of Requiem.

As I said in the The Predator v Resurrection thread I still can't quite forgive The Predator for the disappointment after the escape from the lab when I started to think it was the best Predator film yet.  Oh well.  :(

As for Requiem, Wolf and his actually hunting the aliens almost makes up for the rest of the film (almost).

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

happypred

happypred

The Predator doesn't even try to respect its subject matter or take it seriously.

Both AvP movies were poorly executed, but both tried to do the best within the parameters set by the studios...so no AvP in space with Colonial Marines.

The Predator went full retarded comedy. Like Traeger blowing off his own head...WTF

Katanu

Katanu

Yeah, up to that point I actually enjoy it just for the Fugitive. Anything past that is terrible.
But I still stick with AvP-R in this one.

chopperXgill

chopperXgill

Quote from: TStyx on Jul 20, 2020, 04:57:47 PM

As I said in the The Predator v Resurrection thread I still can't quite forgive The Predator for the disappointment after the escape from the lab when I started to think it was the best Predator film yet.  Oh well.  :(

As for Requiem, Wolf and his actually hunting the aliens almost makes up for the rest of the film (almost).

I agree, that whole scene when fugitive is escaping & running on the roof of the lab is one of the best, if not the best looking in motion predator we have had on film. Then 10 mins later we get a hulking CGI mess. Oh what could have been, still haunts me.

At least with AVPR we get wolf just showing us what an old veteran predator can do. That is when we can see him in screen hahaha hopefully Disney can give us a color corrected 4K remaster!!

SM

SM

QuoteAt least with AVPR we get wolf just showing us what an old veteran predator can do.

Fail repeatedly?

chopperXgill

chopperXgill

Quote from: SM on Jul 21, 2020, 10:32:19 PM
QuoteAt least with AVPR we get wolf just showing us what an old veteran predator can do.

Fail repeatedly?

I mean technically doesn't every predator fail in the movies hahaha

SM

SM

The others generally succeed more than they fail.

Wolf had one job.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed