What made you unhappy today?

Started by First Blood, Jan 18, 2013, 12:32:16 AM

Author
What made you unhappy today? (Read 595,981 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Jeremy.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 06, 2022, 07:12:51 PM
Just found out a friend has terminal bone cancer, six months left according to the doctor.

He's younger than me.

I'm sorry to hear that, cancer is just so terrible.

I miss my mom

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I miss mine too. It's been 15 years and it still hurts sometimes. It gets easier but it never truly goes away.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

That is rough dude. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 06, 2022, 07:12:51 PM
Just found out a friend has terminal bone cancer, six months left according to the doctor.

He's younger than me.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear CB.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

So... I'm f**king furious.

So I get a disability income and part of the deal is I report whatever other income I make which I document by the way.

I only NOW get a letter that I've been over-paid egregious amounts and now owe said amounts since NOVEMBER 2020 as well as that my old worker has been gone and no one bothered to even tell me all this time.

f**k the phone, I've demanded an in-person meeting.

Kradan

Kradan

Man, that f**king sucks

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I'm assembling my years of physical documentation into a folder as I prepare to unleash hell on earth.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I had the opposite thing a ways back, was underpaid severely (almost everyone dealing with this particular branch had been, and the manager intentionally doing it was fired) and got a fat cheque.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 12, 2022, 06:06:01 PM
I had the opposite thing a ways back, was underpaid severely (almost everyone dealing with this particular branch had been, and the manager intentionally doing it was fired) and got a fat cheque.

Well, that's just rubbing salt into Rich's wound  :D

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Mar 12, 2022, 05:56:47 PM
I'm assembling my years of physical documentation into a folder as I prepare to unleash hell on earth.

Go get them, tiger

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 12, 2022, 06:23:03 PM
Well, that's just rubbing salt into Rich's wound  :D

Shhhh

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

My stuff is ready but man I am so pissed off.

We're talking over $7,000, and I did everything right only for them to f**k me over with their negligence, all those times I reached out to them too.

I've just been trying to kick the meltdown down the road with humour and antics but I feel like I'm eventually just going to explode.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Mar 12, 2022, 09:29:02 PM
I've just been trying to kick the meltdown down the road with humour and antics but I feel like I'm eventually just going to explode.

Welcome to the club

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 12, 2022, 09:52:29 PM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Mar 12, 2022, 09:29:02 PM

Welcome to the club

Well I mean my situation doesn't compare at all to yours buddy, and I don't mean that to rub it in but more that my problem is so much smaller by comparison.

My mind today was thinking that in the last 5 years I have grown so much more independent, empowered and resilient as a person, especially after being so weak as hell in the past.... but then to be blindsided by something I didn't see coming at all and was never preparing for (how could I?), then getting so upset that some of it could of actually been mitigated.

At the risk of sounding like incoherent rambling cheese, but from reflecting I guess that there is always more to learn in life no matter how much you may think you know. I think today I've realized that it's no good to prop up your successes on top of the bones of your past failures, I think this is maybe a part of what people talk about when "embracing vulnerability", that you really have to let go of your past shortcomings, let your merits stand on their own and just set your sights on dealing with the present.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I believe I know exactly how you feel, I made a massive mistake many years ago, that's not just the fault of red tape and bureaucracy and ignorance but also just me, but you can't beat yourself up about it even if at times that's difficult, you just have to eventually decide to move forward instead of dwelling.

I wish I could do something more substantial, but I hope you recognize the truth in what I wrote here, you're totally right with your last paragraph and it's an important thing to recognise. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed