Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 743,914 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Aug 12, 2010, 05:06:43 PM
Its more amusing for me if I feel like we're having a giant Power Ranger war
Yikes, how about a war in a subtly stylized future against a highly religious and technologically advanced collective of genocidal alien races?

Quote from: Corporate Merc on Aug 12, 2010, 04:30:36 PM
I think they kinda cater halo to the younger crowd
The 'younger crowd' enjoys reading novels? Exactly how young are we talking here, because there isn't a single Mature Rated game that the 'younger crowd' wouldn't play.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Aug 12, 2010, 04:06:18 PM
Its probably hard to justify giving a game about genocidal aliens wiping out humanity so they can attempt to activate a galactic nuke while a terrifying parasite that eats people roam about a T rating.

That's just the story though. The gameplay in comparison to a lot of other shooters is extremely tame.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Well the game does feature intense scenes of rape..

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What, when?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Well, it's necrophilia, actually.

Find dead body>Stand over dead body>Press left stick repeatedly..

The worst thing is that it is interactive.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

If the ESRB considered stuff like that, every game out there would be AO :P

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Any game with a crouch ability:

Mild Blood
Mild Language
Intense Scenes Of Rape
Comic Mischief

Can parents find the odd one out?

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Also, I refuse to believe that the average blood spurt is better for a head-shot then confetti and the laughter of children.

(Blows Noisemaker)
The Grunts are having a party! The Brutes are next!

I think the Halo games will go down to be classics, such as Mario and Sonic did when they first showed up.
The gameplay is different from most shooters I have played, but at the same time, pulls out all the conventions tro make it familier.
I started to play Halo 2 today and still love it (it is my personal favorite thus far, Story and Gameplay), but all three are still great games.
I have not played Wars or ODST. I never liked real time strategy and I feel the short campaign in ODST would be so fun it would piss me off for being so short. I might get it just for firefight.
(BTW, can yopu still play eites in ODST?)
I know there are Halo haters here, so tell me, what exactly is wrong with it? I would like to hear examples of why you have this opinion as opposed to "Halo just sucks."

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Finished Halo 2 on Normal today, the levels are freakin' long! :o

First time I've ever played Halo 2's story, so Normal seemed appropriate. I have a gripe.

The Flood, where the hell did they come from? They just show up with no explanation in Arbiter's level. Other than that, it was pretty solid. I enjoyed it, although the ending seemed very rushed.

At least Halo 3 makes sense now. I'd rate the Campaigns; Halo, Halo 3, Halo 2.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Aug 12, 2010, 11:06:24 PM

First time I've ever played Halo 2's story, so Normal seemed appropriate. I have a gripe.

The Flood, where the hell did they come from? They just show up with no explanation in Arbiter's level. Other than that, it was pretty solid. I enjoyed it, although the ending seemed very rushed.

That station you go to as arbiter is supposed to be some sort of forerunner research station where they were researching flood,you can see some floating around inside a tank at the start of the level juggernaut.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 12, 2010, 08:37:27 PM
Any game with a crouch ability:

Mild Blood
Mild Language
Intense Scenes Of Rape
Comic Mischief

Can parents find the odd one out?

Wait, what?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Aug 12, 2010, 11:06:24 PM

The Flood:
On the station on Installation 04's gas-giant: It was a Forerunner installation used for Flood study.
On Delta Halo: That Halo always had the problem of the Flood outbreak on it's hands- they had been fighting the Sentinels for a long time, and the Covenant & Humans were the ones walking in on it. They were not previously contained, unlike they were on Installation 04.

The ending: I loved it- nobody ever believes me, but the first time I saw that, I just yelled "F**k yeah!"- I wasn't disappointed, I was phyched that the Chief was going to come back and finish everything once and for all in another addition to the series.

In terms of story, Halo 2's was my favorite- it was absolutely beautiful, and I don't know if you saw this in the Fatale thread, but I was watching a cutscene today, and it absolutely gave me chills; I love it. Tonight, I'm going to put in disc 3 of my Legendary Edition and watch the remastered Halo 1/2 cutscenes in cinematic presentation.. with the hilarious commentary on... with popcorn.. and pop.. and pizza!  :D It has been done before!

Sorry to nerd out on you there- but I am as passionate as you can find with this franchise  :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The ending aggravated me lol. I literally expected a big climax so I ended up falling to my knees and screaming out NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! first time I'd ever done that XD

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Quote from: Corporate Merc on Aug 12, 2010, 04:30:36 PM
Quote from: Drago-Morph on Aug 12, 2010, 04:06:18 PM
Its probably hard to justify giving a game about genocidal aliens wiping out humanity so they can attempt to activate a galactic nuke while a terrifying parasite that eats people roam about a T rating.

Thats true but what is actually shown gameplaywise dosent scream M for Mature to me. I would love to see more shit go down in halo like seein more blood when you shoot someone or some really gnarly executions like reach is gonna have. IMO deep down I think they kinda cater halo to the younger crowd which is cool, I like halo but to me its just not brutal enough to warrent an M rating. Then again it probably wouldnt be the same halo if they did go all hardcore on it, make it more dark and realistic like when you slash w/ the energy sword the guy gets cut in half or something.

I prefer the colorful tone, actually. It sets it apart from other shooters, and is generally more pleasant. Its more amusing for me if I feel like we're having a giant Power Ranger war instead of the generic gritty macho heroes fighting big gritty macho enemies.

Also, I refuse to believe that the average blood spurt is better for a head-shot then confetti and the laughter of children.

LOL exactley, thats what a MP match feels like to me the new age futuristic power rangers colorful suits and all duking it out. Seriously though im actually lookin forward to REACH, not really a big halo fan but the newly designed weapons and all that good stuff seems more realistic this time around.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

In regards to the whole rape thing...
What happens now that Reach has female character models? Ima be betraying alot more ppl for it now in Reach :X

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed