Does anybody actually like the Oram/David/Xeno get up and rise moment?

Started by motherfather, Oct 31, 2017, 09:36:07 AM

Author
Does anybody actually like the Oram/David/Xeno get up and rise moment? (Read 17,524 times)

Still Collating...

Whistled?! What the hell? I did not know this at all, what were they thinking? I get the intention, but an alien whistling is something I never want to hear.

SM

Reminds me of the Giger flute idea where air would blow across holes in the Aliens body to make music.

Still Collating...

Completely forgot about that. Maybe if it sounded very creepy it could be effective? Still not too fond of the idea IMHO. Though at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Scott makes that a permanent feature. As far as new ideas go, I'll take whistling over super regeneration any day.

D. Compton Ambrose

Didn't like it. Borderline cringe-worthy.

Highland

Quote from: SM on Feb 17, 2018, 11:03:18 PM
Reminds me of the Giger flute idea where air would blow across holes in the Aliens body to make music.

This sounds cool, dig it.

Corporal Hicks

That was a concept I don't think I've ever been too keen on. It's definitely interesting and different but I don't know, it just seems a little silly to me. Is there any creature in nature that does that?

SiL

Not off the top of my head, but if it sounds like that f**ked-up flute noise in the Covenant soundtrack I could dig it.

SM

It sounds like it would be creepy cinematically - but wouldn't make a great deal of sense otherwise.

SiL

The first rule of Motion Tracker club ...

SM

SM

Come on, how cool would it be if the Alien nailed some poor bastard and it made the sad trombone noise?

SiL

Imagine the Dragon charging at people making the Inception bwaaaa noise.

Highland

Highland

I was thinking more from a freaky shit my pants point of view. It's dark, I can't see anything , but these weird tones seem to be getting louder.....

An actual musical tune would be silly, but some flute/sax/trombone sounds....

It's so weird it would freak me out. Sound is iconic, lightsabers, predator clicks, Phasers ....

Baron Von Marlon

I could get with a weird noise but not actual music. But it would have to be iconic and that's hard these days.
Like crickets or cycades it sounds like they're everywhere and even if it's just one, it's hard to home in on the source of the sound.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 19, 2018, 09:08:25 AM
That was a concept I don't think I've ever been too keen on. It's definitely interesting and different but I don't know, it just seems a little silly to me. Is there any creature in nature that does that?

No animals that I know of. Do think there's a plant or seed pod or something that creates a weird noise when the wind blows through.

Quote from: SiL on Feb 19, 2018, 11:00:55 AM
Imagine the Dragon charging at people making the Inception bwaaaa noise.

I think that's an actual song played really slow. Thought it was a classical music tune that gets used in the movie. But it sounds so slow because of the dream time thing.

BigDaddyJohn

Honestly i actually find this idea fascinating, but it probably would be very hard to execute it without being cheesy...

SiL

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 19, 2018, 08:34:44 PM

I think that's an actual song played really slow. Thought it was a classical music tune that gets used in the movie. But it sounds so slow because of the dream time thing.
Je ne regrette rien, which plays throughout the movie in regular time as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed