Full Trailer (HD)

Started by ikarop, Mar 17, 2012, 11:39:42 PM

Author
Full Trailer (HD) (Read 250,334 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Actually, I'd like to know just how much he was involved with the film as well. There are certainly images from the trailer that look Giger-esque. But the sexual imagery doesn't seem as present.

Cvalda

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 19, 2012, 05:22:10 AM
Actually, I'd like to know just how much he was involved with the film as well. There are certainly images from the trailer that look Giger-esque. But the sexual imagery doesn't seem as present.
Unfortunately true. Though I do like the escape pod that Charlize gets into--has a kind of vaginal shape. Though that's likely accidental. I also do like that the corridor that leads to the Jockey room looks like the inside of a whale, though that's more simply bio-imagery than sexual.

xii22loop

:( booooooo at the lack of sexual imagery. I remember in one of the quadrilogy dvds making of documentaries Ridley said something about  creating something terrifying that looked like it could possibly f*ck you.

Cvalda

Another thing I like about the new trailers is that they imply most of the action takes place on the ship. Always a lot scarier and more interesting, at least to me.

First Blood

Those images of Shaw running through the Prometheus with an axe and being cornered by the Engineer harken back to those amazing scenes with Ripley aboard the Nostromo. Let's hope this is just as terrifying as those scenes from Alien.

The Necronoir

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 19, 2012, 05:18:00 AM
I've been thinking on this and it doesn't look like a Giger picture to me. It's too, I don't know, 'wavy'. Of course we can't see all of it, but when held up to his other work it looks pretty bland.

It looks very much like his sculptural work, which tends to have a very monochrome-metallic looks about it. And it was suggested way back in the production period that murals were precisely what Giger was involved in, so I see no reason to doubt they're his.

Also, the earthy mound/temple structure the giant head is presumably kept inside looks like a cross between the discarded egg silo design from Alien and the Harkonnen fortress from his work on Dune.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: The Necronoir on Mar 19, 2012, 05:41:07 AMIt looks very much like his sculptural work, which tends to have a very monochrome-metallic looks about it.

I wasn't aware of that, cheers.

echobbase79

There's subtle hits of Giger all over the trailers. He may not have played a big part in its making but he's definitley in there. The Space Jockey stuff is all Giger inspired to me.

fiveways

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 19, 2012, 03:10:28 AM
Quote from: fiveways on Mar 19, 2012, 03:04:08 AM
I like this one.  So yellow is the team and I assume hostiles are in red.  Maybe they are just playing capture the flag?

So, 3 non-human life forums.

I think the red things are the scanners.

Shit you can tell I am tired cause I thought that was the derelict outline.  Just a tunnel.

Anyone got an idea on the picture with all the space jockey remains?

Also, I really hope it isn't a xeno.  I have grown really attached to the idea that it isn't going to show up in any forum we have seen before.  Or even something that looks all that much like it.  Faint DNA yes, full on xeno looking creature...been there did that.  As Ridley says "He's at disney world now".

Ash 937

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 19, 2012, 05:38:33 AM
Those images of Shaw running through the Prometheus with an axe and being cornered by the Engineer harken back to those amazing scenes with Ripley aboard the Nostromo. Alien.

It reminds me more of the xeno confronting Ripley in the medical room in Alien3.

Tribal

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 19, 2012, 03:42:35 AM
Holy crap--"Hudson may be right..." indeed. Those do look a lot like Alien hands in that mural-thing-whatever, holding something--maybe a planet?

To me, looks something like this:

:o

OpenMaw

That's actually a horrifying thought, Tribal. I like it. Makes it seem that much like something Giger would do.  :)

Jigsaw85

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but in the international trailer at 1:40 you can hear someone say "this thing is.....opened up from the inside." I think that's proof enough that the Aliens, or some version of them, are in the movie. can't wait.

The Necronoir

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 19, 2012, 05:42:02 AM
Quote from: The Necronoir on Mar 19, 2012, 05:41:07 AMIt looks very much like his sculptural work, which tends to have a very monochrome-metallic looks about it.
I wasn't aware of that, cheers.
Just to elaborate, here's a couple of examples from his recent work.

Quote from: Tribal on Mar 19, 2012, 06:36:10 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 19, 2012, 03:42:35 AM
Holy crap--"Hudson may be right..." indeed. Those do look a lot like Alien hands in that mural-thing-whatever, holding something--maybe a planet?

To me, looks something like this:

http://www.mulherbeleza.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/barriga-gestante-280x280-250x250.jpg
I think the effect of the torch beam is confusing you here. We're looking at the inside, concave surface of a dome, not a bulbous protrusion like a globe or a belly.

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Mar 19, 2012, 09:23:37 AM
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but in the international trailer at 1:40 you can hear someone say "this thing is.....opened up from the inside." I think that's proof enough that the Aliens, or some version of them, are in the movie. can't wait.
Or they're talking about the space jockey suits we've already seen all over the place.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Mar 19, 2012, 09:23:37 AM

Well... Shaw's baby is potentially a clue as to "what" could be coming out of things from the inside.

Or it could be the pilots chamber as the thing is coming out of the platform. "Opened up from the inside." Or it could be referring to just about anything that is opened up from within on some kind of sensor.

Many possibilities. It'll be quite interesting. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed