Full Trailer (HD)

Started by ikarop, Mar 17, 2012, 11:39:42 PM

Author
Full Trailer (HD) (Read 250,322 times)

red_otter

Quote from: Caiman on Mar 19, 2012, 12:44:08 AM
Quote from: red_otter on Mar 19, 2012, 12:31:17 AM
OK this is really frustrating - I've got a screen cap of Fassbender looking at the wriggling worm thing; it looks exACtly like a miniature version of the inner mouth of the xeno, with the teeth and everything. But I'm not allowed to post screencaps; can I email it to someone else who can or something? Or can one of the mods let me post an attachment?...

It's three frames into the shot, around 1:31 of the US trailer if anyone's interested.
Upload it to http://tinypic.com/ and post the link?

Good thought, thanks. Never used that site before but here it is:

Am I crazy or do people see what I mean? Also, in context, it wriggles around in a way that, immediately afterwards, looks a bit like "lips" closing around those "teeth"

ChrisPachi

Quote from: red_otter on Mar 19, 2012, 12:47:59 AM
OK this is really frustrating - I've got a screen cap of Fassbender looking at the wriggling worm thing; it looks exACtly like a miniature version of the inner mouth of the xeno, with the teeth and everything. But I'm not allowed to post screencaps; can I email it to someone else who can or something? Or can one of the mods let me post an attachment?...

It's three frames into the shot, around 1:31 of the US trailer if anyone's interested.

Am I crazy or do people see what I mean? Also, in context, it wriggles around in a way that, immediately afterwards, looks a bit like "lips" closing around those "teeth"

Reminds me very much of the vertical drips in the original film.

psychonaut25

I see a little similarity with AVP (och...that hurts, who throw that shoe at me?? ) , little of ancient aliens theory, ancient structure, a team of experts, ancient hieroglyphs, meeting with "living god creators"...I mean, this is how AVP should have been about, if Scott directed it instead of Anderson

AsapJockey

I remember once someone told me Aliens original form was small little bugs.

psychonaut25

Quote from: AsapJockey on Mar 19, 2012, 12:58:34 AM
I remember once someone told me Aliens original form was small little bugs.

Never heard of...interesting..so Aliens as we know them are mixed bugs with human genes ?? Sounds plausible because of the humanoid features of aliens...

ChrisPachi

Quote from: AsapJockey on Mar 19, 2012, 12:58:34 AMI remember once someone told me Aliens original form was small little bugs.

There was a fan script called Alien Harvest that had the xenos as small insect-sized creatures in their 'pure' form. They got into a cat, grew bigger and then were planted on the Derelict by an android agent. Just a fan script though.

I'm thinking that the small jumping things are some kind of nano-tech material.

r888

f**kING AWESOME TRAILER
THANK YOU RIPLEY SCOTT, THANK YOU x 3

Space f**king jockey

AsapJockey

A SPACE CAT you say, was the reason the Aliens got Bigger?

r888

psychonaut25

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 19, 2012, 01:04:57 AM
Quote from: AsapJockey on Mar 19, 2012, 12:58:34 AMI remember once someone told me Aliens original form was small little bugs.

There was a fan script called Alien Harvest that had the xenos as small insect-sized creatures in their 'pure' form. They got into a cat, grew bigger and then were planted on the Derelict by an android agent. Just a fan script though.

I'm thinking that the small jumping things are some kind of nano-tech material.

Android agent..sounds like Fassbenders role...Scott must be reading fan-fiction here :)

ChrisPachi

Quote from: AsapJockey on Mar 19, 2012, 01:14:00 AM

A SPACE CAT you say, was the reason the Aliens got Bigger?
Arr god! f**k! Damn you... ;D

taabuu2342

Ok so this trailer has given me a few theories on what I think is going to happen. So by now most of us know the Space Jockey fossil body in the original "Alien" is a suit. From this trailer we see the suit opening, and the the bald, grey, xeno suited dude standing next to the Jockey chair. Now at first I thought this guy was an alien who comes out of the jockey suit. However some shots in this trailer are making me think he is actually a mutated human(Most likely Logan Marshall-Green's character from the looks of things). So now I'm thinking whatever they find on this planet, be it the ampules or whatever, mutates him, takes control of his body then gets him to go into the Jockey suit and try to fly the Derelict to earth.  We see the Prometheus crashing into the Derelict and causing it to crash as well. I think this results in some sort of technical failure in the ship and the grey, bald dude has to break out of the suit via its chest. This is why the chest of the Jockey in "Alien" is broken and bent outward. From there on I dont know how the film will play out. Anyways thats just my theory. I may be completely wrong but let me know what you guys think.  ;)

r888

Quote from: taabuu2342 on Mar 19, 2012, 01:23:38 AM
Ok so this trailer has given me a few theories on what I think is going to happen. So by now most of us know the Space Jockey fossil body in the original "Alien" is a suit. From this trailer we see the suit opening, and the the bald, grey, xeno suited dude standing next to the Jockey chair. Now at first I thought this guy was an alien who comes out of the jockey suit. However some shots in this trailer are making me think he is actually a mutated human(Most likely Logan Marshall-Green's character from the looks of things). So now I'm thinking whatever they find on this planet, be it the ampules or whatever, mutates him, takes control of his body then gets him to go into the Jockey suit and try to fly the Derelict to earth.  We see the Prometheus crashing into the Derelict and causing it to crash as well. I think this results in some sort of technical failure in the ship and the grey, bald dude has to break out of the suit via its chest. This is why the chest of the Jockey in "Alien" is broken and bent outward. From there on I dont know how the film will play out. Anyways thats just my theory. I may be completely wrong but let me know what you guys think.  ;)

Its possible or that guy could be the space jockey as a human and then sits in the chair and then slowly changes into the space jockey

red_otter

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 19, 2012, 12:49:12 AM
Quote from: red_otter on Mar 19, 2012, 12:47:59 AM

Reminds me very much of the vertical drips in the original film.

Do you mean the goo dripping off its mouth in the original? If so I don't completely follow - what specifically reminds you of that? Think I'm probably not getting which bit of Alien you mean.

It may be coincidental, but the central blob in that image (the one that's most hyperactive in the clip), to me, appears to briefly retract "lips" around very xeno-like teeth, particularly in that still. Although it's so brief in real time you'd never notice it so it may be nothing.

TWAK

theory A - blueguy/jockey is long dead and the crew revive him (with the weyland invention on the corp. timeline) and he tripps out over humans having that kinda power?

theory B - blue guy, whatever he is, the footage from the trailer is of him not on the derelict in the movie.... :o 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed