Full Trailer (HD)

Started by ikarop, Mar 17, 2012, 11:39:42 PM

Author
Full Trailer (HD) (Read 250,357 times)

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 18, 2012, 12:44:56 PM
This ... thing seems to be a worm, with multiple 'tails' and a flat head that looks sort of like the chestburster with its mouth closed or smoothed completely over. Looks messy :P

Whatever it is I think that those canopy doors should not be opening. If it was a controlled extraction/implantation by another member of the crew it seems logical to have the f**ker shut. The whole time. Something is wrong. But no ER style human activity in the frame. Interesting.

Looks like a straight up cuddle fish. Hopefully there is more to it than just that earthy reference.

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 18, 2012, 02:00:29 PM
So, yes, I'm liking what I see. A knee-jerk reaction is that firstly Noomi looks botoxed to hell, and oddly enough, a couple of acting cues didn't come off to me as too believable "it's an invitation" (and they look at each other). I write this because I hold the acting in ALIEN as a tour deforce and absolutely 100 percent believable.

I like that I have a couple of negative criticisms, it keeps my expectations grounded

I know what your talking about when you thought Noomi appeared that way. But only during the briefing scene in what appears to be a docking port of some sort. The rest of the trailer she looks 'normal' to me. I can't call it. But I wouldn't call it botoxed. But there is something ...

And in terms of acting ... I don't think Alien will be outdone. To many awesome character actors crammed into that film. Ridley himself said he was afraid of Actors back then, so obviously they were 'let loose' to do mostly their own thing in the original. This time around he's intimidating the Actors. He's calling the shots. So it's going to be different. Less 'natural' and more 'staged' feeling I bet.

While Alien was a group of actors 'alone' both in character and direction ... it felt REAL when the director spent most of his time developing the horror that unfolds around them instead of guiding them through it.

I have every faith in this film making recipe though. The acting won't be Alien, but it's going to be the better than anything we've seen from this universe in 20 years or more.

[USCM]Winter

[USCM]Winter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81qKZL3GgR4#ws

At WonderCon 2012
Prometheus 5:20

Valaquen

Valaquen

The actors in Alien talking over one another etc was done deliberately to wind up the viewer and make them feel distressed. Ridley employed that for the horror aspect. Prometheus goes further than Ten Little Indians in space, so he probably didn't feel the trick was necessary. Maybe. We'll see. We've seen very little of dialogue scenes etc.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Just watched the trailer, and.......holy shit.

marsekay

marsekay

Whats with the briefing scene taking place on a basketball court?
look at the markings on the floor. (still has the hangar bay doors though?)

Razz

Razz

That looked amazing, I've got a great feeling about this film.

red_otter

red_otter

At 1.35ish - mohawk guy says "are these things moving?" and gestures to his own helmet, also looking like he's slightly recoiling from something inside it. Fits with everything else we've seen about him, most obviously the apparently in-helmet explosion of acid/goo.

mastermoon

mastermoon

That full trailer was great, but if we want a clear look at the Aliens we have to wait and see the movie.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: red_otter on Mar 18, 2012, 02:58:36 PM
At 1.35ish - mohawk guy says "are these things moving?" and gestures to his own helmet, also looking like he's slightly recoiling from something inside it. Fits with everything else we've seen about him, most obviously the apparently in-helmet explosion of acid/goo.

Not recoiling. Nothing is happening yet on or inside him. He gestures that "You gotta be f**king kidding me" gesture.

Check out Noomi at 1:30. "They're changing."

Single Tear. Great touch.

EDIT**

Also, that shot we've all seen before of David pulling out the contents of the urn ... look much MUCH darker below the 'mandible/fingers'.

And ... Last shot of David. Very Ash. Ash with a dash of Hopkins Lector.

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

He's just talking to someone on radio. Asking.

red_otter

red_otter

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 18, 2012, 03:09:45 PM

Don't know how you can be so sure. "Recoiling" isn't quite right either, but it looks to me like he's tilting his head to the side to give the person opposite a better view, and his apprehensive body language strongly suggests that of someone with say, a bug in their hair - "can you see it?"

Also who is he radioing given they're the ones in there with "these things"? I think there's something in his helmet with him and he's asking about it.

Melack

Melack

The visual design along with the cinematography looks absolutely stunning in this. Just watched it in HD on my 40" tv and it just blew me away visually. I'm glad Ridley didn't try to just copy the gritty and dark look from the original, this is something different and I like it. Makes it easier to relate to as it's own beast instead of just comparing it to Alien which is perfect in it's own way.

The shot of Prometheus landing is glorious.

red_otter

red_otter

Quote from: marsekay on Mar 18, 2012, 02:51:45 PM
Whats with the briefing scene taking place on a basketball court?
look at the markings on the floor. (still has the hangar bay doors though?)

Subtle p!ss-take of one of the most notorious and hated scenes in Alien Resurrection?! Or is that overthinking it...

williammcnasty#awesome92

williammcnasty#awesome92

Quote from: Snowdog on Mar 17, 2012, 11:47:39 PM
Quote from: Dorian Gray on Mar 17, 2012, 11:45:11 PM
Well, isn't THAT something?

http://i.imgur.com/pEkmK.png

happy to know i wasn't the only one that noticed that right away. It looks a lot like a xenomorph.

right anyone notice the chestburster squirming around over that one person in the cryo tube

EEV-2501

EEV-2501

Quote from: red_otter on Mar 18, 2012, 03:17:51 PM
Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 18, 2012, 03:09:45 PM

Don't know how you can be so sure. "Recoiling" isn't quite right either, but it looks to me like he's tilting his head to the side to give the person opposite a better view, and his apprehensive body language strongly suggests that of someone with say, a bug in their hair - "can you see it?"

Also who is he radioing given they're the ones in there with "these things"? I think there's something in his helmet with him and he's asking about it.
Bad transmission. Approaching his hand to the communication system of the helmet. Probably talking to Shaw about what is happening in the other room.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed