Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,411,964 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 04, 2014, 09:39:09 PM
Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 04, 2014, 09:14:19 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Jul 04, 2014, 11:22:34 AM
Education. Terrorists are generally dummies afraid of change.

This. Oddly enough they seem more intimidated by the less fortunate striving for education than the soldiers with the guns.

So true. Education and critical thinking send shivers down the spine of any extremist/terrorist, no matter ideology, religion or nationality.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 04, 2014, 09:35:43 PM
Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Jul 04, 2014, 09:32:25 PM
Quote from: WinterActual on Jul 04, 2014, 05:41:17 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 03, 2014, 11:17:48 PM
How exactly does one go about "eliminating a terrorist movement"?
Thermo-nuclear warfare, chemical warfare, tank assault, attack helicopters seek-n-destroy runs,  air strikes on bridges, hospitals and other important objects, uranium tipped bullets so the wounds don't heal and of course various methods forbidden by the geneva convention. You know how it goes  :laugh:

What did I just read?

I just assumed it was sarcasm.

If it was any other forum member I would've probably assumed the same. But WinterActual has displayed a few sincerely right-wing hawkish remarks and opinions before. Just wasn't sure if he really thinks that the Geneva Convention is standing in the way of "eliminating" terrorism.

The Geneva convention only applies to uniformed combatants. 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 04, 2014, 10:10:04 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 04, 2014, 09:43:51 PM
You can't force education on someone who doesn't want to learn.

So true, and in the West here is one of the alternatives.

Alternatives to what?

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 05, 2014, 03:27:09 AM

Alternatives to what?

... education.  :P

WinterActual

Hubbs

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 05, 2014, 04:40:04 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 05, 2014, 03:27:09 AM

Alternatives to what?

... education.  :P

Lol, true. The U.S. has its own problems with domestic terrorism. It's a shame people give in to ignorance.

WinterActual

WinterActual

I've heard that some gangs are better equipped than the SWAT units.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

no. 

Having an AK doesn't make you better equipped than guys with mp5s, ballistic armor, flashbangs and the tactical wherewithal to know how to use them. 

Gate

Gate

I think the point being made was that organized crime, even what we refer to as street gangs in the USA, are growing in consciousness. They enlist in the military, they get trained, and they return back to their gangs and then pass the knowledge onto their street soldiers. We get gangbangers with actual law degrees who know how to twist the legality of our government. They're smart, they don't need to "out-equip" the Police to beat them.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/07/pink-floyd-to-release-new-album-the-endless-river-in-october/

new pink floyd album...

i repeat.. there's a NEW PINK FLOYD ALBUM COMING OUT IN OCTOBER.

HORY SHIETTTT!!!!!

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Gate on Jul 06, 2014, 01:30:44 AM
I think the point being made was that organized crime, even what we refer to as street gangs in the USA, are growing in consciousness. They enlist in the military, they get trained, and they return back to their gangs and then pass the knowledge onto their street soldiers. We get gangbangers with actual law degrees who know how to twist the legality of our government. They're smart, they don't need to "out-equip" the Police to beat them.

Media fear mongering.  Military hardware is key in using military tactics.  I don't see many gangmembers running around with m240 bravos suppressing the cops in firefights so they can outflank and kill them. 

If a gangbanger has a law degree and goes back to a gang he's a f**king idiot. 

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jul 06, 2014, 04:18:15 AM
http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/07/pink-floyd-to-release-new-album-the-endless-river-in-october/

new pink floyd album...

i repeat.. there's a NEW PINK FLOYD ALBUM COMING OUT IN OCTOBER.

HORY SHIETTTT!!!!!
Pfffft. No Roger Waters, no Pink Floyd.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 05, 2014, 08:52:39 PM
no. 

Having an AK doesn't make you better equipped than guys with mp5s, ballistic armor, flashbangs and the tactical wherewithal to know how to use them.
Every AK variant is better than any MP5 but anyway, I had something else in mind. On NatGeo they showed that some gangs in Mexico have stuff like .50 cal Browning and RPG7. I don't think the police units are allowed to use lmgs or rocket launchers in the populated areas, just the regular smgs and assault rifles.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 06, 2014, 04:25:51 AM
Pfffft. No Roger Waters, no Pink Floyd.

Ugh.

Cvalda

Cvalda

A Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell are both shit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed