Space Sweeper

Gate

Gate

*Grabs a rolled up newspaper*

*Swats all of you with it*

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

..AND NOW BACK TO THE REGULAR PROGRAM.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24557688/nfl-draft-michael-sam-makes-history-rams-take-him-in-7th-round

Michael Sam (Rams, pick No. 249) is first openly gay player drafted

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 11, 2014, 03:37:56 AM
Men just happen to make the cut because they're physically stronger.

If only Co-Pilot Jennifer Watts was here to kick you in the balls and make you float away.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Blacklabel on May 11, 2014, 04:21:00 AM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24557688/nfl-draft-michael-sam-makes-history-rams-take-him-in-7th-round

yessir, my St. Louis Rams nabbed him.  They showed him on national t.v. when the head coach called to give him the news. He kissed his boyfriend all national t.v. ...

and NFL players got pissed lol

Gate

Gate

Quote from: Aspie on May 11, 2014, 04:23:52 AM

yessir, my St. Louis Rams nabbed him.  They showed him on national t.v. when the head coach called to give him the news. He kissed his boyfriend all national t.v. ...

and NFL players got pissed lol
The NFL remind me of the lonely kids who always get annoyed with the couple making out in the highschool hallway.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Meaning? Women can make it in the military. Just not all of them.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 11, 2014, 04:25:26 AM
Meaning? Women can make it in the military. Just not all of them.

Your point? Exact same applies to men, not all men make it either. Saying men are physically stronger is just a dumb generalization, and even as a dumb generalization their is falsehood in that statement as women are generally stronger in the waist/hips area than men.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm guessing you've never heard of sexual dimorphism.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

If a woman can perform to the same standards as her male counterparts then I don't care.

I think part of the problem is that we have different standards anyways.  Our DS at Fort Jackson insisted that the females not even look at the female standards and shoot for passing the male standards.  There were no women PT failures at the end of BCT and even the ones that would've failed the male PT test smoked the female PT test.  With more time they all would've passed the male PT test. 

It might be unfair that women will have to fight using the male standards as judgement using military tactics invented by men with equipment tailor made for men, but nothing about military life is fair.  They'll just have to embrace the suck with everybody else. 

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 11, 2014, 04:37:15 AM
I'm guessing you've never heard of sexual dimorphism.

I've been a fish and wildlife tech student for 2 years, I'm very familiar with it bud.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Then you would know there are innate differences between men and women. It's why we put them in different competitions in the Olympics.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Here Rich, get a subscription to this esteemed periodical and brush up on your MRM talking points:

;) ;D

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 11, 2014, 04:51:48 AM
Then you would know there are innate differences between men and women. It's why we put them in different competitions in the Olympics.

That doesn't mean a man is completely stronger than a woman (generally). Upper body/shoulders perhaps in general, but certainly not the waist/hips. Hell we tested this in army cadets.

Quote from: Cvalda on May 11, 2014, 04:54:22 AM
Here Rich, get a subscription to this esteemed periodical and brush up on your MRM talking points:

;) ;D

*reads bottom right corner*

Oh, that explains everything.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Why is this a big deal?
Spoiler
I mean, he's playing for the Rams
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed