In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,411,899 times)

Sabby

Sabby

What about the poor? I'd say they've received a comparable pile of shit throughout history. Not equal, but comparable.

Cvalda

Cvalda

The poor is basically most people on earth :P

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 14, 2014, 04:20:59 AM
Quote from: Rong on Mar 14, 2014, 04:18:34 AM
you've paraphrased that before, I tend to agree but that won't only apply to women, it will apply to weaker men, minorities, you name it, prey shit don't go wrong, its gonna be a bad time for most if it does.
True, but women are historically the blanket shit-upon-group throughout all nations and creeds. And it'll probably be that way again once the world economy tanks in a century or so  :P

And then not even your nation's natural resources will save you from the shit box :-*

but our massive distance from everything will  :-*

Sabby

Sabby

Yes, and in a time so unenlightened that women are seen as less then men, you'll always see those below the poverty line being treated unfairly as well.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 14, 2014, 04:29:22 AM
Yes, and in a time so unenlightened that women are seen as less then men, you'll always see those below the poverty line being treated unfairly as well.
There has ever been a time where that wasn't the case? ???

Sabby

Sabby

Hmm, good point. Still, these days those kinds of attitudes are in a minority, where as throughout most of history they were quite common.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Only when the women murder the men.

That's all we respect anyway, apes that we are.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 14, 2014, 04:37:37 AM
Hmm, good point. Still, these days those kinds of attitudes are in a minority, where as throughout most of history they were quite common.
Women make less money than men, occupy only a fraction of the seats of power globally that men do, and have virtually no major impact or point of view in entertainment and media at large. The attitudes are less out in the open, but they're just as present as ever.

Sabby

Sabby

The fact sexism has had to go covert is proof that it is less acceptable :P

I'm not saying it doesn't exist and that we've achieved sexual equality, not by a long shot. All I'm saying is, we're kind of better off then we've been in a long time.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Sabby on Mar 14, 2014, 04:43:26 AM
I'm not saying it doesn't exist and that we've achieved sexual equality, not by a long shot. All I'm saying is, we're kind of better off then we've been in a long time.
There you go :P

Emphasis on the kind of.

Rong

Rong

agree, all the baby boomer are all in charge still, like i said couple of generations.

Sabby

Sabby

On that we agree Cvalda. Long road ahead, but it's a much longer one behind us.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Rong on Mar 14, 2014, 04:45:13 AM
agree, all the baby boomer are all in charge still, like i said couple of generations.
Somehow the thought of Generation Y in control of society doesn't sound much more appealing :-\

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 14, 2014, 04:46:23 AM
Quote from: Rong on Mar 14, 2014, 04:45:13 AM
Somehow the thought of Generation Y in control of society doesn't sound much more appealing :-\

They are typically more conservative / regressive this is true. X are just starting to get into powerful roles tho have hope.

Sabby

Sabby

I'm a little behind on my generation terminology xD which are the Boomers again?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed