In The News

Started by DoomRulz, Nov 30, 2012, 03:53:46 AM

Author
In The News (Read 1,411,646 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 16, 2013, 03:32:10 AM
I think under certain circumstances capital punishment is justified. For example, the two black Muslim men that killed and tried to decapitate that young soldier in front of everyone in broad daylight in London not so long ago. Both of them don't even deserve a defense, straight to the gallows, do not pass go, do not waste tax payers money on keeping them locked up.

Y'know, they should bring back public stonings, too. And while we're at it, chopping off the hands of thieves don't sound to bad, neither.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Dec 16, 2013, 06:44:17 AM
I think under certain circumstances capital punishment is justified. For example, the two black Muslim men that killed and tried to decapitate that young soldier in front of everyone in broad daylight in London not so long ago. Both of them don't even deserve a defense, straight to the gallows, do not pass go, do not waste tax payers money on keeping them locked up.

Y'know, they should bring back public stonings, too. And while we're at it, chopping off the hands of thieves don't sound to bad, neither.

While we're at that let's tie people up, throw them into a bag with an angry wolf and a lobster, then tie that up and throw it to the bottom of the river while he's still alive.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Now that's some creativity.

Crazy Rich, my friend, I think we just solved crime.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Firing squads?

BANE

BANE

Or go the Genghis Khan route and rip peoples limbs off by tying them to four horses...!!!

OK, that might be going too far.

DoomRulz

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Dec 16, 2013, 06:58:47 AM

While we're at that let's tie people up, throw them into a bag with an angry wolf and a lobster, then tie that up and throw it to the bottom of the river while he's still alive.

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Dec 16, 2013, 06:59:28 AM
Now that's some creativity.

Crazy Rich, my friend, I think we just solved crime.

::)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I think capital punishment is a viable option but you have to be absolutely positive the person you're sentencing is the right individual. That's one sentence that no level of appeal can overturn.

But, the world of reality tells us it can't work as SiL and SM have already pointed out that it's more expensive to go for it.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: SM on Dec 16, 2013, 05:31:12 AM
It's long been known that it costs more to execute someone than to lock them up.

I don't believe it. The most standard rounds are fairly cheap. Even if they are using assault rifles to execute someone, the 5.56 is not that expensive round either (if we talk about the US). 3 meals for the whole day are more expensive than one 5.56 round, thats for sure.

BANE

BANE

They don't shoot the people. They usually inject them with a 'supposedly' painless, lethal substance (I don't know what).

WinterActual

WinterActual

As far as I knew it was a personal choice. Which should be taken away and "right to the wall" to be the only option.

Hubbs

Hubbs

I also don't see why it would cost more to house death row prisoners, do they get special treatment or something? I understand that the trials could be longer but most big trials do so anyway. I can't see how keeping someone locked up for life is cheaper than executing them, doesn't make any kind of sense.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 16, 2013, 03:34:47 PM
I think capital punishment is a viable option but you have to be absolutely positive the person you're sentencing is the right individual. That's one sentence that no level of appeal can overturn.

But, the world of reality tells us it can't work as SiL and SM have already pointed out that it's more expensive to go for it.

Well yes but the example I gave is surely as clear cut as you're gonna get.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: WinterActual on Dec 16, 2013, 04:01:43 PM
As far as I knew it was a personal choice. Which should be taken away and "right to the wall" to be the only option.

I'm told in China, they put a handgun to your head and call it a day. Seems simple enough if that's true.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

And we all know, China is a jewel to which all criminal justice systems should be compared.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 16, 2013, 04:08:03 PM
I also don't see why it would cost more to house death row prisoners, do they get special treatment or something? I understand that the trials could be longer but most big trials do so anyway. I can't see how keeping someone locked up for life is cheaper than executing them, doesn't make any kind of sense.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 16, 2013, 03:34:47 PM

Well yes but the example I gave is surely as clear cut as you're gonna get.

Like this  guy:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ohio-school-killer-tj-lane-snuck-killer-shirt/story?id=18774193

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed