Transformers (Cartoons)

Started by Predator Queen, Dec 29, 2012, 01:54:33 AM

What faction are you at heart?

Autobot
Decepticon
Neither
Author
Transformers (Cartoons) (Read 76,437 times)

KNIGHT

I wish I had the nostalgia everyone else seems to have. I grew up with shows like Cybertron and Energon.

And I f**king hated them.

I hated Transformers in general until the 2007 movie, and then I slowly became a fan.

I respect the original show for how it was during it's time, and I love the stories it told, but I don't believe it's aged well from the episodes I've seen. I just don't have any of the nostalgic bonuses for it though, so maybe that's part of it.

Predator Queen

HappyAlien

God the 1986 movie was awesome. The rock music and Vince Dicola's score was really great. Dicola's score in Rocky 4 was great as well. Ever notice how Unicron's and Drago's theme music is very similar? Wish they had used some Dicola in the live action films.
I've got all the score on my Ipod plus all the songs.

I was so shocked at how many Autobots were killed so easily, they could have lasted a bit longer and killed a few of the Cons.
The Only Decepton to get killed clearly on screen was Starscream by his own leader (apart from seeing some random sweeps or screamers get blown up, oh forgot Shockwave crushed by Unicron) Would have been nice to see some Autobots take out some Decepticons.

I remember when i first saw it and i saw all these new Autobots like Kup, Hot Rod and Ultra Magnus and i thought i must have missed some new episodes with them in it. Only later i found out they had just made them up for the replacments of the Autobots they were going to kill off. The Autobots kept going on about how outnumbered they were and while they were slightly they still had a massive city to hide behind.

Plus there were heaps of Autobots from the tv series that were never in the Movie, there were far more Autobot i could name than Decepticons so they should have outnumbered the Decepticons or the writers should have come up with more new Decepticons for the movie rather than just the rebuilt ones.

Would love to see a  transformers game were you to get to be in the battle for Autobot City maybe the third War/Fall of Cybertron game could include it. The movie was a step up from the tv series.

ScardyFox

Quote from: Effectz on Dec 29, 2012, 08:37:37 AM
I never seen it in the Cinema. I got a lend of the DVD off my friend and watched it with my neice,she is 7 and she was on a roller coaster of a ride,Happy sad,happy.

You should pick it up and show your kid/kids it it's defo a lost Gem.

Oh yeah, absolutely - it's already in my "thing to watch with my son" collection. It's nice (genuinely) to hear your niece liked it. I can't think of a single cartoon movie that had the same impact on me as Transformers - nothing comes close.

Quote from: Predator Queen on Dec 29, 2012, 08:42:21 AM
Heh I grew up on Beast Wars, I remember running up the stairs when I got home because with in the half an hour the show would start. It was right after some sherlock series or something.  As much as I should like Gen 1 more I love Beast Wars the most also because I find the animal part of the bot hysterical.  I always noticed how they would take on the little quirks of the animal they became. 

Ah it's not a matter of how much you should like G1 - people like what they grew up with so it makes sense.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Beast Wars and Armada for me. Love 'em both, grew up with them and everything. I used to dig Robots in Disguise as well, but didn't hold up over time.

I have fading memories of the first series and the 1986 film -- gotta rewatch 'em sometimes.

scarhunter92

Beast Wars and Armada are the best series post-G1 IMO.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Dec 29, 2012, 11:55:19 AM
Beast Wars and Armada are the best series post-G1 IMO.
My super bro.

Predator Queen

I want a Beast Wars movie...

DJ Pu$$yface

UT Megatron was probably the most badass, IMO.

m41guy

Also grew up on Gen1, (born in 79 :o), I didn't get to see the movie until after it came out on VHS(and you waited..a..long...time for movies to come out on VHS compared to now), I saw some of the post movie episodes before I saw the movie and wondered where everyone was(none of my friends spoiled it).  I remember one episode someone said "As Prime used to say, Roll out!" and knew something had to have happend to him in the movie.  Yeah I cried like a little girl when I finally saw it...I believe the reactions to Prime's death led to the changes in the GI Joe movie to have Duke recover and not die from his injuries as planned. 

I admit, I still work out to about half of the movie soundtrack ;D, I mean come on how can you not get pumped up by some of those songs?!

I watched and enjoyed Beast Wars(loved Rattrap and Dinobot, especially after the latter's sacrifice), but couldn't get into any of the other series. 

I was mad with the "out with the old and in with the new" characters, especially as violently and easily that the autobots were taken out compared to the Decepticons. 

Gen 1 Sideswipe is/was/and will be my favorite transformer.  Prime, Bluestreak, Trailbreaker, Sunstreaker and the Arialbots round out my allstar cast.

Predator Queen

let's talk about management styles

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

This is one of my fav G1 episodes, "The Gambler". Very funny to notice all the Star Wars influences.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNt1JW8HX6w#

ScardyFox

Two things that always made me laugh was the episode with Karbombia, an episode set in the middle east in an oil rich country with a crazy dictator. Heh, CARbombia. The other one was where Cyclonus took Glavitron to a psychology planet. When he (Galvitron) was doing a building block test, muttering to himself, the doc and cyclonus are chatting Galvatron manages to make a pistol and starts lighting the place up. Loved it.

Galvitron was no Megatron but he was still awesome in a crazy bastard kinda way. I mean the 5:04 mark says it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvWnF1Iggfc#

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Beast Wars was my favorite TF show and I still remember when it came out back in 1996.

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

QuoteCarbombia
!! So classic  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed