Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2016, 08:05:41 PM

Author
Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death (Read 79,884 times)

HuDaFuK

I can't say I'm a particular fan of that design, but I do like the idea of a Predator armed with a sword.

The Alien Predator

That looks like some kind of Predator machete, something you'd bring into a jungle to cut vines out of your way and stab elite commandos Jason Voorhees style.

Russ840

Thanks for the pics HuDa. Yeah. I love the idea of a Predator with a sword but that design looks a bit too human. Also not very long. Something a bit more high tech in the same vain as the Spear from the second movie might work better.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 20, 2017, 09:30:13 PM
Thanks for the pics HuDa. Yeah. I love the idea of a Predator with a sword but that design looks a bit too human. Also not very long. Something a bit more high tech in the same vain as the Spear from the second movie might work better.

Yeah, or like that really cool sword the Elder Predator had in the comic where he got the flintlock from, the sword could extend and retract and had a cool bronze colour. I hope we see something like that in a Predator film, alien looking retractable swords.

Corporal Hicks

I just want a Predator sword with an Alien tongue as the handle.

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 21, 2017, 09:38:41 AM

Awesome idea

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 21, 2017, 09:38:41 AM

That'd be really cool to see.

Ultramorph

No review of Defiance #11 or the Prometheus one-shot. Must be embargoing everything coming out tomorrow.

Russ840

Russ840

Not everything. Dead Orbit has lots of reviews out. Some released over the weekend.

Update:  http://hulkingreviewer.com/home/reviews/aliens-defiance-11/

A review for Defiance #11.

Some spoilers in this one.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Another review of #11, this one negative. Beware of spoilers.
http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2017/04/25/aliens-defiance-11-review/
Here's hoping this series doesn't fall apart in the last two issues.

Russ840

I have my fears that will happen. It feels like the series is heading to an unsatisfactory ending.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Found two review for the Prometheus one-shot, both are postive and contain spoilers, especially the first one..
https://bigcomicpage.com/2017/04/26/review-prometheus-life-and-death-final-conflict-dark-horse/
http://www.geekedoutnation.com/comic-book-review-prometheus-life-and-death-one-shot/

Spoiler
Time travel?!?!  :o Also, DH digital has the first 3 pages and we get to see some awesome Engineer murals.
[close]

Just read the one-shot, and I felt a bit disappointed after a year. It wasn't bad, just wasn't spectacular.
Spoiler
The Engineer mural was cool, and I can't help but be excited that they played up the "moved through time" angle a bit more. Where/when do you think Foster and company ended up? Paradise? Ancient Earth?

I'm sure the sequel will be interesting.
[close]

gantarat

Will we get life and death sequel ?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I assume so, if sales were good enough. They'll also have toys from Covenant to play with once the movie comes out.

Some more thoughts, with Covenant spoilers:
Spoiler
Back in the Prometheus: L&D mini, he said that maybe the Engineers are afraid of what we would do with the goo. I really wonder if the Engineers in this know about David's massacre of the Engineers on Paradise.

I also found it interesting how Singer and Foster say that the Engineers' pose an existential threat to humanity. It's also like a justification for them being wiped out.

I also wonder if they wind up on LV-223 in the distant past at the end. Fire and Stone already raised the possibility that the mural from Prometheus depicts Elden, so who knows. I really hope this time travel angle gets follow d up on.
[close]

gantarat

here Engineer mural
Spoiler
[close]

about story
Spoiler
i don't think their time travel
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed