Alien 3 vibe at times? (maybe spoilers, but not intentional)

Started by Salt The Fries, Oct 11, 2014, 06:48:24 PM

Author
Alien 3 vibe at times? (maybe spoilers, but not intentional) (Read 2,636 times)

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: szkoki on Oct 12, 2014, 03:17:21 AM
+ the flare

Right on. The flare used in the game reminded me a lot of Alien 3 and the tunnels. Also a lot of the piping and some minor set designs reminded me of Alien 3. There are some moments though that are reminiscent of Aliens.

Tomar

Tomar

I agree with the previous statements.

However the Aliens move animations were rather more Alien-esque then Alien 3 like as the "runner" in Alien 3 simply was way too much on his quadrupedel movement style fixed which is logical considering its host it emerged from ;).

But it was refreshing and terrifying at the same time being in a completely dark vent thinking the Alien was probably above you in an airduct while the tracker does not function (or its functions are limited due to the disturbances) just to realize (especially when you play the game on hard mode as i did solely) when you move around the corner in the vent it is on all fours watching at you like in Alien 3 and you getting a heart attack before even being able to grab your flamethrower just to see the inner jaws unfold and knowing well that this will be your last time you use vents when unsure about where the Alien might be.

This accounts of course only for guys that play it on hard mode as the Alien litterally hea... ehh i mean senses everything including your breathing/tracker beep/etc. asf. when crawling through the entire space station (in the litteral sense ;) ).

As always my 2 cents.

Quarax

Isolation takes its cues not from the gun-heavy Aliens or (god forbid) the lurid nonsense of Alien Resurrection but rather from the tense unease of the first and third films.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/can-alien-isolation-sustain-40-minutes-of-sci-fi-perfection-for-12-hours

newbeing

some of the music cues feel very reminiscent of Alien 3.

Son Of Kane

Alien Isolation, to me seemlessly blends elements of every film- the most being Alien, Prometheus, Aliens and Alien 3 in that order- medical equipment was torn straight out of Prometheus as were some observation decks in symmetricality and space- Aliens- I saw very little of but it was there, creeping in- for instance Amanda's ID card for the telephone, much like Burke's seen in Aliens and like mentioned, ducts and such were very much reminiscent of Alien3 as well as items. Didn't spot much Resurrection if I'm honest.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed