Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 848,302 times)

Brzrkr

Brzrkr

Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem

Been a while since I watched this. A few decent moments but the characters and their choices are so dumb and cliche. Seeing the teens get slaughtered is magnificent.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 13, 2018, 10:55:09 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 13, 2018, 10:38:11 PM
Jurassic Park

And this is why you don't hire a deranged postal worker to program your computers.

Spared no expense my fanny. Builds huge park full of man eating monstrosities, and hires one IT guy.

But they were a start-up bro  ;D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 13, 2018, 11:43:31 AMArent there like 3 cuts of Alexander?

Yep lol.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Prez on Jun 13, 2018, 11:42:18 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Jun 13, 2018, 10:55:09 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 13, 2018, 10:38:11 PM
Jurassic Park

And this is why you don't hire a deranged postal worker to program your computers.

Spared no expense my fanny. Builds huge park full of man eating monstrosities, and hires one IT guy.

But they were a start-up bro  ;D

It was the 90s, IT guys were in shorter supply.

Nedry says so himself in the film:  "You know anybody who can network 8 connection machines and debug two-million lines of code for what I bid this job?"

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 14, 2018, 08:14:26 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 13, 2018, 11:43:31 AMArent there like 3 cuts of Alexander?

Yep lol.

Jesus Christ lol

Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
Its a good film. Not as bad as its made out to be but after hearing what the Directors original plan/cut was I wish they'd release it

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Heat

Michael Mann's probably my favourite director of all time. I don't know what it is, but his films always seem to have this extra indescribable something that other directors, even really bloody good ones, just don't bring to the table.

As for the film in question, it's been a while since I last saw this. While I wouldn't say it's my favourite Mann film, there's no denying it's probably his magnum opus. And come on, Pacino and De Niro acting on screen together for the first time... (Godfather II doesn't count, they were in separate time periods lol.) And they're just the tip of a really awesome casting iceberg; everyone excels in their role, and there are a lot of roles. Plus if the shootout in this isn't the greatest ever put on film, it's certainly the greatest sounding.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Lost World: Jurassic Park

You're not fooling anyone with that accent, Private Cowboy. We all know you're not English.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 14, 2018, 11:26:59 PM

You're not fooling anyone with that accent, Private Cowboy. We all know you're not English.

I love The Lost World so much haha.

People can hate on those sequels but I saw them at the perfect age and will always love those movies. Even that mess of a movie JP3.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: MudButt on Jun 14, 2018, 11:29:42 PM

People can hate on those sequels but I saw them at the perfect age and will always love those movies. Even that mess of a movie JP3.

Lost World is alright, much better than I remember it being on the last viewing. It just has three or four major flaws that really stick out for me. Spielberg changing the ending mid production (and cutting a bunch of scenes to make room for the new stuff) really hurts the film for me.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 14, 2018, 11:32:53 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Jun 14, 2018, 11:29:42 PM

Lost World is alright, much better than I remember it being on the last viewing. It just has three or four major flaws that really stick out for me. Spielberg changing the ending mid production (and cutting a bunch of scenes to make room for the new stuff) really hurts the film for me.

A big negative is obviously Kelly killing a raptor. There's also a bit of confusion in regard to the bodies found in the boat after it crashes towards the end and how they died. The finale in San Diego while entertaining should have been done much better, I would've rather it stayed on the Island. Vince Vaughn disappears in the final act which was disappointing.

Overall though, it's just a movie I can watch over and over again. All of them honestly. I was such a huge fan of dinosaurs growing up that these movies will never be bad to me.

Scorpio

Scorpio

2001:  A Space Odyssey in 3D

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 15, 2018, 12:16:51 AM

What's the verdict?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Pit and the Pendulum (1961)

I love this, not only is it very atmospheric with a decent plot twist or two, but it's kind of neat that the surviving characters never actually figure what exactly was going on. And that final shot is pretty f**ked up by 1961 standards.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: Prez on Jun 15, 2018, 01:10:16 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 15, 2018, 12:16:51 AM

What's the verdict?

So intense I could barely handle it.

MudButt

MudButt

Incredibles 2

Worth the wait. Such a great movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed