Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 848,149 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Hell, Videodrome is more disgusting than The Fly.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 29, 2016, 12:52:33 PM
couldve been worse

Russ

Russ

I've done a Resident Evil DVD Marathon replete with special features and most of the commentaries. The third one (Extinction) directed by Russell Mulchay is the best of the bunch I think and book ends the trilogy nicely. Except that's not a trilogy. The follow up (Afterlife) is great and does kind of fit with the first three. Retribution, however, is just nuts. In a good way, but it doesn't really seem to "fit" as well as the other films. Of them all, though, its the most like a video game.

I thought I'd actually enjoy these films less than I did - but the reverse is true - I love them even more. I have never played the games so I'm not full of butt-hurt that such and such didn't appear or had the wrong coloured hair or whatever. And honestly - the film of the game is never going to be as good as the film of the game you had in your head.

I've embraced the madness.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I still love to play Resident Evil 2 on my PS1 :D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Omegamorph on Nov 29, 2016, 01:16:58 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 29, 2016, 12:52:33 PM
couldve been worse

*Curiosity triggered* What is this?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Concept art for Videodrome by Rick Baker

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What's it like?

SamuelDL

SamuelDL

These days I'm watching the Scream quatrilogy. What a great saga, and what a great Wes Craven. A director who knew how to reinvent a subgenre that he helped define. What I like most about Ghostface movies are the references to other films and how the fourth wall breaks. Totally recommended, and essential if you like slasher movies.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Red Shoes

An entrancing film.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Watching Mad Max Fury Road since the first time at the cinema. I was blown away by the experience at the cinema and still loved it at home. Seriously. It's such a great film.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Shasvre on Nov 29, 2016, 11:15:21 AM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Nov 29, 2016, 10:50:18 AMThe body horror stuff isn't even the best thing about The Fly...

iknowright!

Spoiler

;D
[close]
80s Geena was a gem

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 29, 2016, 04:00:40 PM
What's it like?
It's pretty trippy, if you have seen other Cronenberg films you know what to expect. One of the most psychedelic works from him

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

What are the disgusting element like? Kinda like The Fly?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 30, 2016, 09:01:03 AM
What are the disgusting element like? Kinda like The Fly?
Much more 'human' than The Fly ie nothing monsterish. Tubes going in and out of people, entrails exploding out of people, people getting fissures on their stomachs (and people putting their hand through said fissures)

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Criterion has put out some nice Blu-ray editions of The Brood, Scanners, Videodrome and Naked Lunch, and Scream Factory just put out Rabid and Dead Ringers.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Blob (1988)

Pretty good, needed a better score, though. Also, the melty guy from RoboCop should have melted here, too. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed