Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,919 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Dr. Manning, suck my ectoplasmic schwanzstucker! /10

Randomizer

Randomizer

Damn, how could I forget that quote?  :laugh: Gotta watch it again when I get the chance !

About Time (2013)

Not my type of movie, but I liked it.

8.5/10

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)

Liked how they managed to connect their future films (and also GoTG 2) with it. I felt Ultron was not given enough time in the movie because I really liked him (not the same mad robot from the comics). It was a bit under the first one, I must say.

For the sake of Ultron, 7/10  :P

EDIT: An Act of War (2015)

Managed to recreate a noir movie atmosphere while still feeling new. Had a few plot holes which I didn't understand but it's ok.A good pshycological movie which shows the real war is not on the battlefield, but back in society.

Thought it would be an action movie by looking at the poster. I was SO wrong.

Spoiler
Has 3 major parts with partial nudity, so you might wanna be careful with kids around.  ;)
[close]

8/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Mad Max: Fury Road

This movie was the f**king shit, right down to it's very core. And for all ya'll MRA niggas hatin' on Furiosa, that woman...

Spoiler
IS A VALKYRIE.
[close]

"REMEMBER ME?!?/10

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just came back from Pitch Perfect 2 with the Mrs. I only saw the first one a month or 2 ago and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Absolutely loved the second one. Hilarious. A lot of heart, great performances. If you're into that kind of thing I recommend it.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 15, 2015, 08:05:25 PM
Mad Max: Fury Road

This movie was the f**king shit, right down to it's very core. And for all ya'll MRA niggas hatin' on Furiosa, that woman...

Spoiler
IS A VALKYRIE.
[close]

"REMEMBER ME?!?/10

MRA's ain't hatin' on the film, just saying. And before you provide with an article saying they are...Return of Kings is a site for Pick-Up Artists and Aaron Clarey isn't an MRA.

Keg

Keg

The Matrix Trilogy.

Watched all three films (as well as some of the shorts from Animatrix) for the first time in years. With the advancements in special effects over the past 15 years I dont think I'll ever be as wowed by a blockbuster as I was when I first saw The Matrix back in 1999. We've became saturated with countless films at the box office with brilliant special effects since the 90's and its getting harder and harder to come up with something audiences haven't seen. The Matrix didn't have this problem and coupled with a mind bending plot and some of the coolest action scenes ever put on film its no surprise it was such a huge hit. I suppose the closest we've came to a big budget "intelligent" action blockbuster that grabbed audiences attention like this was Inception (which is actually quite a similar premise when you think about it). That last half hour of The Matrix though is still one of the best bits of action cinema ive ever seen. So many brilliant moments and iconic scenes that still get me excited to this day. It was just one mind blowing set piece after another with barely a let up.

And then we come.to the two sequels 4 years later. In the time since every other action film was copying the matrix and the likes of Charlies Angels had Cameron Diaz flying around in bullet time. Countless cheap knock offs had made diminished our enjoyment of this kind of film. Even though I still enjoy both Reloaded and Revolutions theyre terrible in comparison with the first film. Especially Revolutions which abandons alot of the main characters for huge chunks of the film to focus on a few minor characters from Reloaded. On top of that aside from Neos final confrontation with Smith, theres one very short action scene inside The Matrix. For a film with The Matrix in the title that was ridiculous. People going to see a Matrix want to actually see some cool shit happen, you know, in the matrix itself. Not an hour of minor characters shooting at robotic squids.

Im not saying they shouldn't have showed the fight for Zion but it didnt need to take up half of the film only to give us a fight with Smith right at the end and people suddenly remembered it was a Matrix film again. Anyway looking back at these two films years after the disappointment the first time I saw them, I still enjoyed them more than I did previously. Theyre quite clearly just a sequence of excuses to give us some cool stuff to happen in the matrix and I will say boy did we get them. Reloaded in particular has some brilliant stuff in there. The fight in the château on the stairs and the highway scene are brilliant. As good as anything we got in the first film. Its just a shame the story was thread bare and the whole thing felt like a videogame. Oh we need to see the oracle. Why? We just do ok. Right now we need a keymaker? Why? We just do ok. If we didnt we would need an excuse for Trinity to drive the wrong way down a motorway on a bike.

Watching them.both together Revolutions doesnt seem nearly as bad I remembered it. Its clearly one film anyway like Kill Bill just split into two. I genuinely think they would have been alot better if they were edited down into one long 3 hour movie rather than the 4 hours and 20 minutes split into two that we actually got. Theres alot of unnecessary filler in Reloaded and the first half hour of Revolutions isnt even necessary at all and the actual battle for Zion could be drastically cut without losing any of its impact.

Overall alot of fun watching all three together, but its a shame the quality decreases with each film.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: Keg on May 27, 2015, 11:55:16 AM
The Matrix Trilogy.

Even though I still enjoy both Reloaded and Revolutions theyre terrible in comparison with the first film. Especially Revolutions

*stops reading*

Keg

Keg

Hahaha

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Devils

So here I am, thinking, this is pretty good, Oliver Reed is awesome as usual, he f**ks a medieval Harley Quinn, fights a dude with a f**king stuffed crocodile, just f**king cool in general. And then the movie went f**king insane in so many ways, I can't even begin to describe it. Redgrave is both terrifying and fantastic her role, and the supporting cast is pretty solid. My only complaint is that the enema obsessed witch hunter looked way too 70s for the time period, like he was trying to be John Lennon or some shit. I'm definitely curious to see what Ken Russell did with The Lair of the White Worm now, especially considering how bat shit the original novel is.

Oh, and now I want to see a spoof of a certain scene from this, only using a Buddy Christ statue from Dogma instead of a crucifix. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So I brought the Mad Max trilogy on Blu-ray on Friday. Watched them last night after I got back from the weekend adventure. The first one I did enjoy but it wasn't quite what I was expecting having only seen the new one. The Road Warrior was certainly what I was expecting. Fantastic film. I can definitely see what people are saying when they say Fury Road is the Trucker scene from 2, extended out into a whole film. Really good films, really enjoyed the experience.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 01, 2015, 07:22:17 AM
So I brought the Mad Max trilogy on Blu-ray on Friday. Watched them last night after I got back from the weekend adventure. The first one I did enjoy but it wasn't quite what I was expecting having only seen the new one. The Road Warrior was certainly what I was expecting. Fantastic film. I can definitely see what people are saying when they say Fury Road is the Trucker scene from 2, extended out into a whole film. Really good films, really enjoyed the experience.

And Thunderdome? ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I decided I'd try that another day.  :P Watched some Once Upon a Time instead.  :P

Keg

Keg

300: Rise Of An Empire. I...I...Enjoyed this. Didnt expect to but I did. Probably more so than the first film. The first film was so macho and hoorah and despite the very stylised comic book feel it felt too serious. This sidequel (is that a word?) just embraces how ridiculous it is and runs with it. Oh and Eva Green. Absolutely steals the show. Just wow. Kind of hoping for a third film taking off from where the first film ends now.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Keg on Jun 19, 2015, 08:41:19 PM
300: Rise Of An Empire. I...I...Enjoyed this. Didnt expect to but I did. Probably more so than the first film. The first film was so macho and hoorah and despite the very stylised comic book feel it felt too serious. This sidequel (is that a word?) just embraces how ridiculous it is and runs with it. Oh and Eva Green. Absolutely steals the show. Just wow. Kind of hoping for a third film taking off from where the first film ends now.

It's every kind of "quel" imaginable.   :laugh:

Keg

Keg

Haha I suppose it is. Starts in medias res at the end of the first film, jumps back 10 years for the next 20 minutes, then the majority of the film takes place alongside it, and the last 10 minutes happens after it. Wow this film should have been a mess to follow but surprisingly it isnt.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed