Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,742 times)

First Blood

First Blood

On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)

This never happened to the other fella/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Dec 04, 2014, 05:39:55 PM
On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)

This never happened to the other fella/10

Worst line in the movie /10

First Blood

First Blood

Shut your whore mouth.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Automata

Well, this was disappointing, to say the least. The actors are all solid at the very least, Antonio Banderas gets to play a fairly interesting character, and the robots are fantastic. Their characterization is pretty good, and the effects work is damn near flawless. There's also some interesting ideas being tossed around, and a couple of scenes are downright inspired.

However, the film is absolutely choked with things that are lifted from other films, and the characters outside of Antonio and the robots are all either stereotypes or don't amount to much. This is especially bad with the pregnant wife, who only exists to provide some utterly forced and unneeded tension in the second half of the film. And then everything just dives off a cliff once the paper thin antagonists enter the picture. They're f**king cartoonishly evil, and utterly trite given the setting.

This movie could have been so much more, and pissed it all away.

Lie

Lie

I still stand by the fact that Skyline as a film isn't up there... no way in hell, but if it was the opening to a video game, I'd play it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

You know how some people have triggers, like a word or something that when it's mentioned, they just rand endlessly about how much they hate whatever it is?

That's Skyline for me. :P

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Rewatched Jeepers Creepers 2. Pretty good horror flick. First one was better . I'm pissed that the rumor is that pt 3 won't happen because the director, Victor Silva, had legal troubles involving sexual situations with children. Yes Silva should be punished but I wish someone else could pick up the project and bang out a great end to the trilogy. The monster in the series is really spooky and cool.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Part 1 was pretty cool, Part 2 just kept on repeating itself. Pretty boring, though the creature effects are pretty good.

Vepariga

Vepariga

Independence Day ID4

Still the best guilty pleasure movie, with the greatest speech in cinema.

Release me.../10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Terminator

For all the shit I talk, this is only a tiny bit below T2 for me. That "On your feet, soldier!" line is pretty awful, though. And lol at the Harlan Ellison acknowledgment at the end. That sue happy bastard. :laugh:

f**k you, asshole/10

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Best Terminator.

KiramidHead

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I really have to watch both of them back to back again.

Even though the Genisys trailer didn't do very much for me, it did get me in the mood to revisit the first two again. And I have been meaning to see just how great that Blu-ray transfer is.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The transfer is very good. That trailer is why I'm watching them, too.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Are you going through all of them, or just the first two?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed