Just re-watched AvP 2004.....

Started by Scott Conover, Sep 29, 2018, 05:01:22 PM

Author
Just re-watched AvP 2004..... (Read 33,412 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I think it's probably the best of the worst.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Jan 08, 2020, 01:54:23 PM
I think it's probably the best of the worst.

I know you think it's the best of the worst, and you know I think it's the worst of the worst, but I'm curious what our new member thinks  :)

Trioxin

Trioxin

I will watch it and let you know i don't think i have watched that one since the beginning of the new millennium. I can say I don't remember thinking it was great. I did just buy all the movies though so I'll let you know in 2 ish hours.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trioxin on Jan 08, 2020, 02:34:36 PM
I will watch it and let you know i don't think i have watched that one since the beginning of the new millennium. I can say I don't remember thinking it was great. I did just buy all the movies though so I'll let you know in 2 ish hours.

No rush!!!  :laugh:

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Just take it as a parody and you might enjoy Resurrection.

The Old One

The Old One

I just take it as it is, not good.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

:laugh:

Trioxin

Trioxin

Honestly alien ressurection... So close to a good movie has a solid cast and then it goes and gas the most contrived laboured plot ever. First aliens are already hybrids of humans and another species to make the drone why make another type of more human alien. Ripley is an alien and call is an android all so shit.

If I were to judge it on its own without the alien universe it's not too bad and it's an easier watch in my opinion than AVP.

Huggs

Huggs

Resurrection was destroying a beloved property through lazy writing, cheesy humor and hybrid creatures before it was cool.

Trioxin

Trioxin

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 08, 2020, 10:51:15 PM
Resurrection was destroying a beloved property through lazy writing, cheesy humor and hybrid creatures before it was cool.

Yea that sums up the movie in a much more eloquent way than I could have done.

SM

SM

Alien 3 safely excised the 'beloved' part 5 years earlier.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 08, 2020, 10:51:15 PM

I'm a trendsetter?

:D

Trioxin

Trioxin

The funny thing to me is that the drone is already a hybrid creature of whatever it's host is why double down and make it more human and be less dangerous. I don't understand the logic.

SM

SM

It's the anti-Ripley.

Originally it was:
QuoteAn alien, to be sure, but nothing we've seen so far, its forelegs arch
out of its back like spiders legs, its back legs set on enormous
haunches, thick and powerful.

Its head is long, eyeless, like the others, but along its white expanse
red veins, coming out of the skin and running like thick black hairs to
the back.

It has retracted pincers at the side of head that come out when its
tongue does.

Its much bigger the the others, nearly the size of the queen herself.

And it's bone white.

The Old One

The Old One

On your last post SM, perhaps for people that incorrectly think Resurrection is anywhere near the quality of the first three. "Proof?" Look at all the people who contributed the best stuff in the series in years, the one commonality of all of them? Al Hope (Isolation), Kelsey Taylor (Specimen), James Stokoe (Dead Orbit) and Alex White (The Cold Forge)? Every single one thinks highly of Alien and Aliens and AlienĀ³ but not Resurrection.

C'mon man get with the times. lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed