Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film

Started by Gazz, Feb 19, 2015, 12:27:30 AM

Author
Blomkamp is officially making an Alien film (Read 301,110 times)

whiterabbit

At this rate I'd be happy with Pitch Black 3 (Riddick) quality wise for alien 5.  :laugh:

KiramidHead

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 05, 2015, 12:47:27 AM
At this rate I'd be happy with Pitch Black 3 (Riddick) quality wise for alien 5.  :laugh:

That would be amazing, not gonna lie.

Jarac

Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 05, 2015, 12:47:27 AM

Honestly, that wouldn't be bad at all.

marrerom

I stumbled across this article from September 2014 and it just totally stunned me:

http://www.scified.com/site/aliensvspredator/could-20th-century-fox-be-planning-to-retcon-the-alien-saga

This guy predicted everything! He must know Blomkamp or something because this is just too freakishly accurate.

Magegg

That's simply called wishful thinking  ::)

whiterabbit

Quote from: Magegg on Mar 05, 2015, 05:51:03 AM
That's simply called wishful thinking  ::)
It appears to be a logical guess after reading the article. Now if they retcon a3a4 out of existence then I would call it a perfect prediction.

Magegg

Not so much of a prediction, because you say, it's logical. People generally remember the first two movies as the high points of the franchise and think the 3 and 4 parts derailed the series, it's a kind of secret wish for them for those movies to disappear from continuity, I think everybody has thought about that at some point  ::)

The Cruentus

Quote from: marrerom on Mar 05, 2015, 04:35:37 AM
I stumbled across this article from September 2014 and it just totally stunned me:

http://www.scified.com/site/aliensvspredator/could-20th-century-fox-be-planning-to-retcon-the-alien-saga

This guy predicted everything! He must know Blomkamp or something because this is just too freakishly accurate.

I'm suprised Carrie Henn signed that, she absolutely hates that line "mostly come out night..mostly" due to all her friends making fun of it all the time. She mentions it in the Aliens commentary and during the scene the line is said.

marrerom

Quote from: Magegg on Mar 05, 2015, 07:03:30 AM
Not so much of a prediction, because you say, it's logical. People generally remember the first two movies as the high points of the franchise and think the 3 and 4 parts derailed the series, it's a kind of secret wish for them for those movies to disappear from continuity, I think everybody has thought about that at some point  ::)

logical? The part where he says:

"A true Alien 3, probably set 30+ years after the events of 1986's Aliens with a "mature" Weaver and Biehn, accompanied by a late 30s actress in the role of Newt settled on Earth, with the evil Weyland-Yutani somehow getting their hands on their long coveted prize, possibly from the crashed derelict Juggernaut on Acheron LV-426."

is so accurate its freaky.  Keep in mind that this is way back in September before any concept art was release.

Magegg

Quote from: marrerom on Mar 05, 2015, 04:13:51 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Mar 05, 2015, 07:03:30 AM

logical? The part where he says:

"A true Alien 3, probably set 30+ years after the events of 1986's Aliens with a "mature" Weaver and Biehn, accompanied by a late 30s actress in the role of Newt settled on Earth, with the evil Weyland-Yutani somehow getting their hands on their long coveted prize, possibly from the crashed derelict Juggernaut on Acheron LV-426."

is so accurate its freaky.  Keep in mind that this is way back in September before any concept art was release.
It's because nowadays have passed 30+ years since Aliens, and the rest is simply a rehash of the most classic Alien/s story with a dash of the recent Prometehus.

SpreadEagleBeagle

"True sequel" cracks me up every time...  :D

Valaquen

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 05, 2015, 08:37:48 PM

I always see folk saying the same for Alien 3 in relation to Alien. If that's what it is for them, fair enough.

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 05, 2015, 10:05:47 PM

I always see folk saying the same for Alien 3 in relation to Alien. If that's what it is for them, fair enough.

Who says that? I've never heard anyone say that before. I've heard people saying that it's tone is closer to ALIEN than ALIENS, but that's about it.

Magegg

It isn't really, Alien 3 is overly dramatic.

Master

Me too. Sounds like butthurt fanboy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed